The latest Megaglest 3.11.1 app for OSX does not run. Attempting to run the application causes it to consistently quit automatically generating a standard error message (detailed below).Why do I think the installer is faulty?
I am running previous Megaglest OSX versions (3.7 and 3.9) on the same computer with no problems. What I did (step by step):
- downloaded the OSX latest .dmg installer from https://megaglest.org/download
on 25 Apr 15
- opened the .dmg to install the Megaglest application to my Applications folder.
- attempted to run Megaglest.app v3.11.1. The application does not run: it quits automatically and generates error message (below). Observations:
- I ran Megaglest v3.9 immediately afterwards - with no difficulties.
- The v3.11.1 application is very much smaller (> 300MB) than previous versions: is this just coincidental?
My system details are included in the error message: which I append below, for what it's worth.
Any advice appreciated.
~ Bag O Tricks ~
'MegaGlest quit unexpectedly'
Process: sh 
Version: ??? (???)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd 
Date/Time: 2015-04-26 11:39:49.787 +1000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6
Interval Since Last Report: 269604 sec
Crashes Since Last Report: 15
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 5
Anonymous UUID: 6FC5E8A8-01B3-44C2-8579-C5C5CFCD67BB
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0xfffffffffffffff8
Crashed Thread: Unknown
Backtrace not available
Unknown thread crashed with X86 Thread State (64-bit):
rax: 0x0000000000000055 rbx: 0x0000000000000000 rcx: 0x0000000000000000 rdx: 0x0000000000000000
rdi: 0x0000000000000000 rsi: 0x0000000000000000 rbp: 0x0000000000000000 rsp: 0x0000000000000000
r8: 0x0000000000000000 r9: 0x0000000000000000 r10: 0x0000000000000000 r11: 0x0000000000000000
r12: 0x0000000000000000 r13: 0x0000000000000000 r14: 0x0000000000000000 r15: 0x0000000000000000
rip: 0x00007fff5fc01028 rfl: 0x0000000000010203 cr2: 0xfffffffffffffff8
Binary images description not available
Model: MacBook4,1, BootROM MB41.00C1.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.31f1
Graphics: Intel GMA X3100, GMA X3100, Built-In, 144 MB