Author Topic: Hungarian Translation  (Read 1897 times)

bzt

• Daemon
    • View Profile
Hungarian Translation
« on: 30 June 2019, 02:33:22 »
Hi Guys,

First I'd like to say how awesome this game is! My boy totally got addicted to it:-) So much that I had to translate MegaGlest for him. Now I'd like to share this new Hungarian translation with others, but I'm not sure where to go at this point. Transiflex does not work for me, it gets caught up by the firewall for some reason (not sure why).

The translated files can be found here: https://gitlab.com/bztsrc/lingameshun/tree/master/megaglest/usr/share/megaglest
I know they are not perfect, but I did my best with my boy constantly negging me, "let me play!" :-) I was consistent in naming and I haven't used any translators (I'm a native speaker). Hope this would be useful to others too!

bzt

bzt

• Daemon
    • View Profile
Re: Hungarian Translation
« Reply #1 on: 1 July 2019, 13:20:34 »
Nobody? Seriously guys, I need a little help here.
To whom should I speak to get a new language merged into MegaGlest? I've translated not only the interface, but the tutorials too.

Thanks,
bzt

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #2 on: 1 July 2019, 17:46:28 »
Hi bzt. I'm a contributor too, not one of the maintainers, but I think I can answer your question.

Using git, you could make a pull request on the MegaGlest data repo at https://github.com/megaglest/megaglest-data

The existing docs for contributing seem to focus on development, but.. I can see why you are having a problem finding info about submitting translations.

I don't really think people should have to clone an entire repo though when they are being generous enough to contribute translations. I guess Transifex is or was the normal way but you mentioned it's inaccessible to you.

I could try submitting your files through Transifex myself if that's ok with you?

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #3 on: 1 July 2019, 17:58:15 »
Actually I think I'm in error. you couldn't submit these through a pull request because there's already a Hungarian translation in the transifex system (26% translated). Best to wait until one of the MG maintainers answers your question, and forget everything I said. Good luck!

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #4 on: 1 July 2019, 18:55:48 »
Hi bzt,
it's nice to learn you + your son like MegaGlest so much!  :)
And thanks for working on the Hungarian translation, that's great!
I'm surprised to learn about the difficulties you experienced with Transifex (not TransifLex), please let us (and maybe them, too, I bet they would appreciate) know if you ever find out what was blocking it on your end. I will see if I can remember how to merge your translations with those we already have. I shall update this post if I'll succeed.

For reference, in case you can make Transifex work later on, our translation 'guide' is available at https://docs.megaglest.org/MG/Translations - we have not touched it in a while, but on a quick glance it should still be correct.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

bzt

• Daemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 1 July 2019, 23:37:21 »
HI

@andy_5995: thanks! I appreciate that you have tried, even though you said I should forget what you have said :-)

@tomreyn: it is not hard to like this awesome game!!! :-) Thank you, I've linked my repo, all the translated files are there. Is that format good? I hope it should be easy to merge those with the translation on Transifex. I'm sure my translation is more complete than 26% :-) If you could somehow send me that version, I'd merge the two myself.

About the firewall: I've checked the logs (what I can access, that is), and it says there's a potential XSS, no details though. I only get an empty page in the browser. The layer 7 firewall used here is known to be a bit paranoid, it does false alarms sometimes, this is not the first site I can't access. But you know what they say: it's better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers,
bzt
« Last Edit: 1 July 2019, 23:49:18 by bzt »

bzt

• Daemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2 July 2019, 21:04:06 »
Hi,

Since you haven't sent the existing translation, I was unable to see what phrases they have used. Doesn't matter, I've finished with my translation, it's not just the interface, tutorials and basic factions, but I've translated everything. It is 100% done, every single line in data/lang, techs/megapack as well as in tutorials are now in Hungarian.

What do you think, @andy_5995, is it possible to create a pull request now for the Hungarian language? I'd appreciate your help on this. Transifex is unfortunately not an option, because I can't register an account therefore I can't download translations in the game either (requires username and password. Would it be possible to hardcode a read-only Transifex user into the game for downloading only?)

Cheers,
bzt
« Last Edit: 2 July 2019, 21:09:39 by bzt »

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #7 on: 2 July 2019, 23:17:26 »
HI

@andy_5995: thanks! I appreciate that you have tried, even though you said I should forget what you have said :-)

You're welcome, and have fun playing! :)

What do you think, @andy_5995, is it possible to create a pull request now for the Hungarian language?
hmm.. I don't know the answer to that.

bzt

• Daemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 8 July 2019, 15:34:50 »
Hi,

That's a pity, but anyway thanks for your help! At least my version is fully translated, so my boy can read and can use the game.
We'll have fun, I can guarantee that! :-D It is a really awesome game! Thankfully there's no pirate faction otherwise I couldn't keep my younger boy away, and I don't have enough computers for all of us! :-)

Bests for all megaglest users and admins,
bzt

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #9 on: 8 July 2019, 17:42:39 »
Then you better not tell your boy that there's a pirate faction in the vbros_pack_1 mod, which can be downloaded from the "game mods" submenu, and then accessed by changing the "techtree" from the game setup menu! xD