Author Topic: [question] Custom mod does not work in network game  (Read 745 times)

Elvas

• Archer
    • View Profile
[question] Custom mod does not work in network game
« on: 16 May 2020, 09:12:05 »
Hello!

I have made a custom tech and a pack for it. It works just as intended, everything is all right, except me and my friend cant play it in network game. I have sent it to her, she downloaded, placed it in the mods folder just like i did, and in singleplayer everything works just fine. but when i go to an internet game, chose the tech pack, and when she joins on the server (one of the public ones) for some reason, it switches back to something default like the megapack, or sometimes a previusly chosed mod of mine which she doesnt even own. Why it does that ? how can i fix this issue ?
(we tried to put it near the core techs, near the mods, rename it, etc. each time it worked in singleplayer, but does this weird swap back in network game)
pls help, thanks.

Elvas

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
Re: [question] Custom mod does not work in network game
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2020, 18:32:02 »
Hi Elvas...

If a mod is not on the public server, it can't be played multi-player. You would have to host your own server.

Elvas

• Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2020, 19:04:57 »
Oh, so if i host my own, its possible to play any kind of mod i made ? (if they are the same for all players of course)

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #3 on: 6 June 2020, 22:47:05 »
Yeah, that's right