Author Topic: Single player missions???  (Read 4357 times)

Darklight

Single player missions???
« on: 26 February 2006, 15:11:42 »
Hey,
I just recently downloaded the Glest RTS game and played and a newcommer observation i noticed that the game has a really small tech tree. So a suggestion to the game would be to throw in some more units and buildings just to have a variaty and then possibly a single player campaign. I read the background info and looks like you got a really nice story set up so maybe missions starting from how it all started and the begining of the mages revolt would be a start. Other then those 2 things i think the game is fantastic and cant believe its free  8) . I willl keep playing the game and let you know of any ideas along those lines come to me but i just thought that it would make the game better to have more units and single player objective missions. I am not a coder but i will also have a look at the modification software for Glest you provided and see what i can come up with. Let me know what you all think and any ideas you got unless you rather leave me in the dark to find out when updates come along. =X
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Darklight »

Frost Sabre

Re: Single player missions???
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2006, 16:49:48 »
1) i don't think 1 player missions are possible... unless someone *cough* has a trigger editor...
2) neat idea
3) have you downloaded the unstable version yet?
4) what story?
5) single player campaign? your dreaming... or ARE you?

i hope this gets put in the game...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Frost Sabre »

RainCT

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 26 February 2006, 18:12:37 »
This story.

I also think that a singleplayer campaign will be very good, but -I think- that it's difficult (or tiresome) to make, and at moment it is more important to create more units, buldings and other features.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by RainCT »

Darklight

« Reply #3 on: 27 February 2006, 11:18:07 »
Quote from: "Frost Sabre"
downloaded the unstable version yet?
quote]

Whats different in the unstable version then the regular one???

RainCT

« Reply #4 on: 27 February 2006, 11:55:05 »
Quote from: "Darklight"
Whats different in the unstable version then the regular one???

See here.

Mjateznik

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2006, 18:33:15 »
I would be glad to help you create a campaign if a trigger editor was implented. I could work both with story line and maps.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Mjateznik »

Darklight

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 27 February 2006, 20:49:06 »
am downloading it now just hope i manage to install it right!  :P

Darklight

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2006, 20:11:20 »
!!!!!!!TRIED THE UNSTABLE VERSION!!!!!
seems kinda stable though lol. But i noticed that the Golem is way overpowered, or at least to be able to start with it. He managed to take on a nice size assault when my arch mages, drakes and armor suites failed. So he should be harder to make and as for the Giant Daemon, well he builds incredably fast for a unit suppose to be all powerful demon from hell. Oh, and if i mentioned he drops almost as fast as the time it takes to morph him from that wooden statue.I am still wondering why if he is some supper demon they were the first to die. Actually they were some of my only losses.

---oh and if someone can tell me, the mages are being prosecuted due to the fast people thought that they were tied to the devil and witchcraft. I understood this to be false with the story line yet i am opening a gate to hell???----

RainCT

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2006, 21:53:56 »
I also think that the Golem is too strong. With only 2 or 3 (or 1) golems in the town I've projected during the entire game: nobody kills them, but they kill everybody before they enter the town.

Darklight

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 1 March 2006, 03:30:54 »
also was playing and a way to heal your troops sounds nice. I mean after battles i got a whole army sitting at like 50% hps and no way to heal other then with some units just wait. I would think they had invented the band-aide at least.

--I also posted somewhere i am not sure if it was dead post or not so just so u all see i will just copy it here--

A side that uses nature magic but has melee troops would be real cool. Like have druids and things who also can heal friendly troops and things but have, lets say rangers and elementals to fight. Oh, and if you do make a third side that is like nature ideas like druids, YOU CANNOT CALL IT NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or you will kill the game and imma have to slap somebody

But i think i will just post ideas on this thread that seem good to me at the time so take a look and post back what you think   :)

RainCT

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 11 April 2006, 10:17:01 »
Quote from: "Darklight"
also was playing and a way to heal your troops sounds nice. I mean after battles i got a whole army sitting at like 50% hps and no way to heal other then with some units just wait. I would think they had invented the band-aide at least.

TECH: Technicians can heal people.

MAGIC: I think all units heal themselves.

anything