Author Topic: Turn Glest into a HeroesOfMightAndMagic-like game...  (Read 3654 times)

Lideln

Turn Glest into a HeroesOfMightAndMagic-like game...
« on: 3 August 2007, 14:38:10 »
Hi,

For a long time I wanted to create a Linux HeroesOfMightAndMagic-like game, but now that I saw Glest, I can see that this game has everything needed to do so...

Do the creators of Glest have already thought about that idea ? Do some other people thought of it too ?

That would be nice.... Don't you think ?

I think I can help if other people are interested in doing this. I'm a developper but even though I'm not specialized in games (I aimed to use the Irrlicht engine to create that HeroesOfMightAndMagic-like game).

If serious developpers (and artists ?) may be interested in that idea... I think we can at least discuss it...  :D

See you,
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Lideln »

@kukac@

topic
« Reply #1 on: 3 August 2007, 18:45:24 »
i dont like the idea. this is Glest, not HOMM. what would be the good in copying other games? there is nothing original in it...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by @kukac@ »

Lideln

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 3 August 2007, 22:30:12 »
Maybe you don't like HOMM, but please at least be honest ! [do you think i dont like HOMM? im hungarian - @kukac@]

1)
I never said it was original, new, inventive, neither a revolution in the video games world.
I just proposed to use the Glest engine to create a HOMM-like game on Linux (which does not exist, unless I'm mistaken).

2)
You tell me that my "idea" is not original ? (once again, I never said such a thing). But even though I like Glest a lot, it is NOT original as well. It is a RTS game, where you use peasants to gather resources, and build buildings and units, upgrade them, and fight your enemies... Final dot. [how else would you play an RTS? envirement is original (and not copied the RoL) - @kukac@]

Nothing original at all. BUT Glest is still a good game. So, what I'm proposing is to create a HOMM-like game on Linux because it does not exist yet. And I'm *NOT* pretending that this is original.

Thank you for being more honest with yourself the next time :) [ok, i see, that i was a quite agressive, sorry. - @kukac@]

Have a nice day/night depending on your location.

Regards,

Lideln
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Lideln »

jbr

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 4 August 2007, 20:30:46 »
Just because ONE person wants or doesn't want something doesn't make it right or wrong, its just a matter of taste and opinion. If you want a HOMM game, you can make it, and if other people want to help, they can too, but lots of mods have been made by just one person. I mean, you asked if people would want to play it, and @kukac@ was just saying he didn't. It's nothing personal...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by jbr »

RainCT

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 4 August 2007, 22:27:14 »
Quote from: "jbr"
I mean, you asked if people would want to play it, and @kukac@ was just saying he didn't. It's nothing personal...

Actually, what he asked is if someone would like to work on this, and if someone likes the idea (and not who doesn't like it). If you aren't interested in it, just don't answer. I don't understand why you have to answer that aggressive to this post?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by RainCT »

@kukac@

topic
« Reply #5 on: 5 August 2007, 06:57:33 »
ok, i see you will vote me down
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by @kukac@ »

acio

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 5 August 2007, 17:38:14 »
I also wanted  to develop a homm-like game for some time, though my plans were to make it more like HOMM2 (2D graphics), but 3D graphics would be fun too.

I'm a developer with little experience in game programming but willing to learn, and I know another HOMM fan that would surely want to collaborate in the artwork area (though he's probably short on spare time).

Anyway, get in touch with me and we could talk it over...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by acio »