Author Topic: Terran Mod?  (Read 15534 times)

jbr

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 6 November 2007, 17:54:42 »
This is looking really good. I also like all of titi's ideas. I didn't know that you could change the appearance of water, though. I tried to when I attempted a space mod, and completely failed. Can you explain how it could be done?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by jbr »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 6 November 2007, 20:41:00 »
Why are all the ships of type air?
I think you doesn't realy see that they fly. If you take them all to the ground it will work and you can have some special ( flying ) ships too. By this the games gets more interesting because your ships have these different skills.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 7 November 2007, 02:21:01 »
Sorry, but I don't want all the selection circles on the ground. And I won't be making a small map, probably 128x128. Doesn't the game support huge map, 1024x1024? And of course this is a space mod, so I want the player to be able to ambush the enemy, anywhere.

That where the utility worker ships come in... I give the player 2 choices, fast & weak or slow & strong. The fast one can be killed easily, but not the slow one. Not only different hp values, but different armor as well.

So far 5 different armor types, along with 5 weapon types. So it's pretty interesting already, I didn't plan it that way, lol. I did this since units stand still while they shoot. It isn't exactly realistic, so I made different armor types to simulate different battle tactics. The giga cannon is very powerful, yet can't kill a scout, y? Basically to simulate a scout barely dodging the attack. The way I have it set-up, you can surround the destroyer with gnat fighters, but will take forever to take it down.

Tons of balancing to do, but I don't want all the ships to die in like 3 seconds. Enough time to show a victory, but not enough for constant streaming of back-up ships.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by rabid_psyduck »

@kukac@

topic
« Reply #28 on: 7 November 2007, 14:41:22 »
the Glest supports maps up to 1024×1024
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by @kukac@ »

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 11 November 2007, 05:27:43 »
Sorry all, I have officially slowed down on this mod. I've been playing Rumble Fighter alot lately because it's very addicting. And I bought C&C 3, I want to show those noobs the real way to play an rts.

I'm still messing with the color of the asteroids a little. But I did manage to work some on the other 2 resources. I wanted to make glowing spheres for the gas resource along with a mist, but can't, o well. Here's a pic of the gas:

Just a spot of sunshine is all.

Don't worry, I won't just ditch this mod.

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 18 November 2007, 00:48:57 »
Sup all, thanks for your interest. Progress is very good, I just finished all the resources. I tried to make custom textures for the resource asteroids and failed miserably. I found a way to make those textures, by accident too 8)

Here's the crystal asteroid resource below:

We're rich!!!

By the way: I had to make the resources extend to the ground, so that the player will know where to click on the ground. Also, I updated my mod with that MP patch. I hope everyone enjoys the pics.

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 18 November 2007, 21:41:19 »
I'd like to change it so that the model is clicked on rather than the ground, then you wouldn't need to extend them to the ground. Could take me a while to figure it out though.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by hailstone »
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 18 November 2007, 21:47:06 »
That would be totally badass if you figured that out. I haven't taken the slightest peek at what the source looks like. So I wouldn't know what to do about that. After I release the beta, I'll be taking a break from this mod to work on making videos for some other games I play.

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 30 November 2007, 01:46:45 »
Ok, I just wanted to get the thread back on top. Alright peoples, I'm gonna haul-arse this weekend with all the sound effects. I've pumped myself up to get it done. I probably won't do all the icons, maybe just some, I need me a good frame first  8)  Wish me luck...

Update: Scratch all that. I'll do these another time.

rabid_psyduck

(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 16 December 2007, 21:48:06 »
The time has finally come. I'm allowing everyone to download a version of my terran mod. I call in the Pre-Beta version, because not everything is changed like icons and sound effects. I will update it to a beta version in the near future. I probably won't be making a logo for this mod. And it is updated to the most current glest version.

To download my work-in-progress: http://http://www.mediamax.com/iljthefirst/Hosted/terran_mod_prebeta.zip

I decided to release it as a stand alone mod. Read the ReadMe located in the Docs folder. As for the linux & mac people, I have no idea how to make my mod compatible for these OS's. So whoever can, please make it compatible, so that everyone can enjoy it, and let me know if I need to rename something.

Also a link on page 1 of this thread.

Warning: Don't launch the duel scenario, it crashes for no reason. Also, Don't give Station Five more than 3 attack orders. After the 3rd, it will lock up and become unusable.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 19 December 2007, 11:22:11 »
I tested it yesterday (in linux).
It was very interisting. The music the tileset the models is something very unusual(for a glest player) That's really nice, because you get a complete different game by this. For now it's not really playable, because the AI doesn't know how to use the new faction. For human players it is very interisting  because there are lots of new ideas and things to find out. Moving "buildings" for example. Models shots and the existing sounds are good too. All this look very promising and I hope you will continue your good work.

---snip---
Linux Howto ( for the loki installation ):
Copy your glest installation to something like terran_mod.
Just copy the new faction/scenario/ressources/tileset  to this new directory and everything works fine. There where no case sensitivity problems. Probabaly you'll have to rename the scenario because a duell already exists.
« Last Edit: 30 October 2008, 14:33:56 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

rudravishnu

(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2008, 15:05:04 »
the file seems to be too big
the host mediamax shows this message
"The file you're attempting to access from a free MediaMax account exceeds the single-file limit of 10MB.

To access this file, please ask the account owner to upgrade the account. There are no file size limitations on Premium, Elite, or Professional plans.

Copy this link to send to your friend to upgrade the account."
can you help me
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by rudravishnu »

darkkai

(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 20 March 2008, 20:31:08 »
I also have this problem
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by darkkai »

lasarux

(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 25 March 2008, 22:16:27 »
Hey! Two very good sites to upload files:

http://www.filedropper.com (anonymous - until 5Gb per file)
http://www.mybloop.com (user account - unlimited and free)

Cheers,

Pedro
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by lasarux »

anything