Author Topic: Hello Topic  (Read 113471 times)

Hennet

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 3 June 2008, 21:37:13 »
OK, well let me tell you this. Unless you're ready for wars, terrorism, racism, etc., etc.. Don't move here Lol, just playing, U.S. isn't as bad as the news makes it, it's all scare tactics with stuff they say, just to see how the nation reacts to things.[/quote]

true but there is still alot of those things in the U.S.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Hennet »

Hennet

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 3 June 2008, 21:39:16 »
ok i'm a little embarrassed to be playing the game since all most every one here knows some kind of code.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Hennet »

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #27 on: 4 June 2008, 07:28:57 »
ok i'm a little embarrassed to be playing the game since all most every one here knows some kind of code.

Could be a good time to learn.  :D
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:50:36 by filux »
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

osiris

-
« Reply #28 on: 8 June 2008, 23:23:55 »
hey... im joe from the u.s. im just a guy who plays and tests mods for glest. i get the basics of xml and cannot 3d model at all... :confused:
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:50:00 by filux »

Idanwin

-
« Reply #29 on: 16 July 2008, 13:56:36 »
Well I finally found the hello topic...

( :oops:
I'm good with map editors and in making scenarios/campaigns. Or at least I think so. And I like designing races/factions/campaigns/games. The only problem is finishing em.

I can a bit of pixelart (I learned it to be able to make my own wesnoth units). But further I'm no good with graphics (except for editing existing textures :wicked: ).

And I like Glest very much!!! (It's  the best RTS for linux, and I even prefer it above AoE II and I. (I don't have III so I can't say anything about that one)
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:49:34 by filux »

Dpaliden

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 4 August 2008, 03:03:59 »
hi my name is jon i dont know anything about code which makes me feel like i dont know anything around here lol becuse everyone seems to know how to code some what but anyways i  love this game and i hope that ill help with idead and mabey get helped how to code lol
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Dpaliden »

rishenchen

(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 7 August 2008, 12:14:15 »
Quote from: "TylerMoyer"
Quote from: "hailstone"
I'm not sure. I also have no plans to move to U.S.

OK, well let me tell you this. Unless you're ready for wars, terrorism, racism, etc., etc.. Don't move here Lol, just playing, U.S. isn't as bad as the news makes it, it's all scare tactics with stuff they say, just to see how the nation reacts to things.
[/color]

Terrorism and wars? not so much, but you sure need to be ready for a whole lot of racism.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by rishenchen »

nintendo

-
« Reply #32 on: 17 August 2008, 00:21:22 »
Hi, I'm new to the boards, I've been a guest for months!
USA is fine, but I used to live in Toronto, Canada and it's WAY better!

Now I live in Maine, but it's not as nice. I don't know why, but I just don't like it as much. I've been to LA once and it was WAY to crowded for my tastes! (Roads=Hell) :O
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:49:04 by filux »

modman

Re: Hello Topic
« Reply #33 on: 27 September 2008, 16:51:40 »
Hey, I used to be an archmage, but now I'm not.

I'm the modman.  I'm 14 now; I'll be 15 in January.  I found Glest through downloadfreegames.com.  I've tried and failed at finding better games; there are none.  You can't buy a better game because even if it's great, you still won't be able to mod it.

I tried to teach myself C++ over last summer (2008) and now I know how to make simple conversion programs and text based simple games.  I learned XML and all there is to know about it simultaneously with C++.  My goal (starting now) is to learn modeling with Blender, texturing, and animation before I become a sophomore at Wauwatosa West (Go Trojans!!).  My goal with Glest is to use the skills I get from modding it to learn how to make my own game.  So I guess you could say I want to be a C++ programmer when I grow up.

I'm from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin in the United States.  I convinced one guy to download Glest; he's dead now because of the Database problem.  He used to be trips o hoy.

I'm currently working on 2 factions: Dark Magic and Tech II.  You can find topics about them in the mods forum.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2008, 02:28:51 by modman »

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 September 2008, 21:28:07 »
Since I just had to remake my account, I suppose now is as good a time to introduce myself as any other.

I'm John, 20 years old, from central Florida, a college student, a Christian, and a bit of a hillbilly sometimes.  I used to be an engineering student and I've got a little experience in 3D modeling in AutoCAD, so I can model buildings fairly well (I think).  I've got no experience using Blender or modeling people or animals, though.  I've never done texturing either.  I'm a lot better at coming up with ideas than actually creating anything from them.  I've had a class in programming in C, but I'm far from being a qualified programmer.  I can write a program to convert between metric and standard units, but that's about the extent of my abilities.

I'm currently developing two new factions, Sun and Moon, and I'm already coming up with ideas for Earth and Sky to go along with them.  I want to try to focus on Sun and Moon right now, but it's hard to keep creativity from flowing.  I had a thread dedicated to these two factions back before the database got wiped out and I plan on restarting it when I come up with some new content to add.

tripsahoy

« Reply #35 on: 1 October 2008, 20:15:15 »
Hello
             I used to be trips o hoy, but i hadnt posted in a while so the account was deactivated.
modman is my friend from school he got me into modding glest.

i dont know how to make modles but ive made the units dark mage and black knight

gameboy

« Reply #36 on: 2 October 2008, 07:38:08 »
I never really introduced myself, but since the DB failiur  i might as well i used to be an archmage I'm 14 years of age i heard of Glest last September through a computer magazine I'm currently work on a tech tree called Ardhon and I'm helping john d h and modman on their mods since they sound interesting.
BTW kukac the worst country is not Hungary but India (this place sucks).

weetee

« Reply #37 on: 5 October 2008, 09:29:44 »
Hi there,

my name is Andy, 21 years of age,  from Germany.
I'm pretty new to Glest, a friend of mine told me about it yesterday when I asked him for a good open source RTS game :oops: ). I'm planning on studying electrical engineering after school, but I'm interested in things like computer science, too, I just don't want to make a living of it.

I even consider joining the dev team, but I don't know if I have enough time for working on a project like this right now. I guess it also would be good to get to know Glest a bit better first ;).
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:47:48 by filux »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 5 October 2008, 17:26:08 »
Welcome, Weetee.  Whether or not you feel like joining the dev team, we still have a very active modding community and they are all (for the most part) very helpful, so if you get the urge to make a mod, feel free to ask us for help.  You can check out the Mod forum to see what we're currently coming up with.  There are also some really good tutorials on there to help you get started.

Good luck and have fun!

jrepan

« Reply #39 on: 5 October 2008, 17:26:58 »
Quote from: weetee
I even consider joining the dev team, but I don't know if I have enough time for working on a project like this right now. I guess it also would be good to get to know Glest a bit better first ;).
If you want to develop Glest, then consider joining Glest Advanced Engine. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3800
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:48:09 by filux »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #40 on: 5 October 2008, 21:54:32 »
Developing Glest is unneccessary. Most of the people (I'd say about 99.5%) on this board have NO idea how to program. My programming knowledge is very limited, and is mostly math and simple structure. Just play glest, study the XMLs and such to learn it. Glest is a great game, and programming is the last thing you'll need to learn to enjoy it. (Though programmers are very helpful)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 6 October 2008, 13:19:09 »
Welcome to the forum Weetee. The more programmers we can get discussing code the better quality that code will be. I think this is a good opportunity for people to develop their programming skills.

Off topic:
I found this article on programming inspiring.
Code: [Select]
[url=http://tuxdeluxe.org/node/119]http://tuxdeluxe.org/node/119[/url]
« Last Edit: 4 April 2016, 17:25:39 by filux »
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

modman

« Reply #42 on: 28 December 2008, 03:26:08 »
This is the place for off topic, so I would recommend C++ Without Fear by Brian Overland, Omega.  Chapter 8 is about how to refer to disk files, write to them etc.  I think you were asking this somewhere.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2008, 20:40:50 by modman »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #43 on: 28 December 2008, 03:42:10 »
Woo cool... Wait, no download link? Or is this a book?
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

@kukac@

« Reply #44 on: 28 December 2008, 09:18:32 »
How did you get, this is an offtopic? I just wanted to reduce the number of those topics, which were created for introducing purposes. We don't really have offtopic after all.

modman

« Reply #45 on: 29 December 2008, 20:40:13 »
Well it seems there aren't a ton of people wanting to introduce themselves at the moment...

Yes, C++ Without Fear is a book.  I should have underlined it.

battle machine man

« Reply #46 on: 14 February 2009, 18:37:59 »
oh im late but hi ;D

battle machine man

Re: USA
« Reply #47 on: 14 February 2009, 18:41:39 »
Quote from: hailstone
I'm not sure. I also have no plans to move to U.S.

OK, well let me tell you this. Unless you're ready for wars, terrorism, racism, etc., etc.. Don't move here Lol, just playing, U.S. isn't as bad as the news makes it, it's all scare tactics with stuff they say, just to see how the nation reacts to things.
Thanks im in the USA not bad we got a black prez terrorists arent in america they in iraq and thxs

@kukac@

« Reply #48 on: 14 February 2009, 20:07:57 »
You are from the USA, yet, you can not write English normally???

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 February 2009, 20:09:56 »
I think he's getting a little better.  Just a little.

anything