Author Topic: Building in the sky?  (Read 1901 times)

rabid_psyduck

Building in the sky?
« on: 5 October 2007, 20:42:28 »
Okay, it's easy enough to have a building basically fly. I haven't gone looking into the source code yet, just lazy I guess.

Does anybody know why flying workers can't build/repair buildings in the air? Is it disabled or something in the source code?

I'll get to digging around in the glest source later. I want to make a beta of my mod before I do that. Hopefully somebody knows.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by rabid_psyduck »

myles

• Technician
    • View Profile
    • Myles Lambert's Portfolio
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 6 October 2007, 09:35:13 »
Instead of actually saying that somthing is in the air in the properties instead make make the model higher into the air, so basicly it thinks its a ground unit but actually it is in the air.

The problems with this is that the green circle is on the floor, ground units with melee attacks can shoot it and it can not hover over a building or move over anothert building, neither can it go anywhere a air unit can go.

Another way might be to set the worker as being an air unit?? I dont know if it works but try it.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by myles »

rabid_psyduck

-
« Reply #2 on: 6 October 2007, 16:54:30 »
Um.... I have already done that. I'm going to have it set-up to have air units build from the air, so yeah, it looks like it's in the air. Thanks anyways :P

And like i said in the 1st post, flying workers can't build/repair other units in the air.
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 07:07:14 by filux »

anything