Author Topic: Unwrapping Issue Help?  (Read 2155 times)

Ace

Unwrapping Issue Help?
« on: 12 November 2007, 00:21:22 »
Hi i'm new to this game and i thought i'd have fun modding it, but i'm having some issues with the unwrapping since i'm mainly a 3d modeler i usually don't do the texture or when i do i use materials, but for this i wanted to do it , but i'm struggling so if someone could help i have 3ds max 9 here is a link to the pic of the unwrapping please tell me if i did this right?

« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Ace »

weedkiller

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2007, 14:19:30 »
Hello, some time ago you posted but...
I think its not bad for the begining. But you will have lower quality at the border of the arms and body. Take the Glest-Textures as an example, you can see how the uv was unwrapped and nearly every face is represented by a big enough square on the 2d map.
You could improve it for example if you pull the outer points mor to outside, so you see triangles again instead of now very small places.
Unwrapping is a very difficult topic, just try and see if the texture looks undisturbed on the modell.
Blender does have nice methods which make unwrapping quite simp,le but i don't know about max, best you ask in a max forum.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by weedkiller »

deathguppie

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 6 December 2007, 02:55:52 »
Just my two cents, if you want an easy way to unwrap cleanly, just import your 3ds file into blender.  It has a really advanced unwrapping engine.  Then export from blender back to 3ds and load it back up in max...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by deathguppie »