Update by Omega 2012-9-28:
All mods documentation has been ported to the wiki:
MegaGlest is really easy to mod, you just need to create the right folder structure in the techs directory and a bunch of XML files, there are lots of threads in this board about how to do it. There is also very good information at Wikia
. If you have any questions you can also ask at the board.
If you make any mods please upload them to ModDB
, for other types of materials (maps, translations, scenarios or tilesets) you can send them to us (just mail them or post a link on the board), and we will upload them to our website.Online play
Mods are 100% compatible with online play, however:
- All players must be using exactly the same tech tree, if not the game will give a checksum error.
- This means, that if you install a new faction in the Magitech TechTree (like the indians), you will not be able to play online unless all players have the indians installed.
- The best way of solving the problem is to make a copy of the magitech tech tree (just copy and paste in the same folder), and install you mods in there.
- All mods can avoid this problem by making their own tech trees instead of just patching the magitech one.LinksGeneralWikia
- Has Information about existing mods
and lots of info how to mod the game.ModDB
- A place to get or upload MegaGlest Mods.Glest contrib folder
- Materials made by the glest community available for download.Titus games
- Mods and other materials for Glest.