Author Topic: Glest Advanced Engine  (Read 146862 times)

orion

(No subject)
« Reply #150 on: 28 March 2008, 04:01:48 »
Daniel, you once offered to let me use your domain for the website (glest.codemongor.org). Am I still open to do that. The problem is that: 1) the hosting service I'm using right now(x10hosting.com) has a lot of server downtime  and 2) I don't like them that much.

If I can use the glest.codemonger.org domain, I need to know some things:

1) What is the maximum bandwidth and diskspace on the domain

2) Is PHP supported?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by orion »

hailstone

• Local Moderator
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #151 on: 28 March 2008, 08:30:13 »
I've been using ByetHost free hosting and have been happy with that. Also considering purchasing
Code: [Select]
[url=http://byethost.com/paidplans.php]premium hosting[/url] from them, maybe I could just buy a domain name for now, anyway, here some highlights.

$35.88 per year or $2.99 per month
5000MB storage
250GB per month bandwidth
PHP supported

Also has python support which a lot of hosters don't do.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 08:17:08 by filux »
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #152 on: 28 March 2008, 16:20:37 »
hailstone,
thanks for testing it out.  I noticed the weather difference before :(  I've done that on non-business hours and had to wait for the next business day to get one of their guys to boot my old kernel up (cause I didn't want to pay $80 to have them come in on the weekend).

Also, everything (except for a few GUI libraries like dirctfb, GTK, etc.) is compiled using SSP and PIE, so it's a pretty secure machine (and I want to keep it that way :) )

So in short, it's a dual core AMD X2 1.9GHz processor, 2GB of DDR2 (800mhz) ram, 950-ish GB RAID 5 array with 100GP/s throughput.  I've *never* had a slow connection and pending me recompiling the kernel again (which I don't have any real reason to do), hardware failure, or upgrading to the phenom, :) there shouldn't be any downtime.  I'm paying $60/month, which is significantly more than a simple hosting account, but I got tired of all of the limitations of being on somebody else's machine.  I was doing some wireless internet experiments at one point, trying to circumvent my phone company's firewall by having my linux phone (Motorolla A780, kinda old now) connect to a server app and tunnel through that so I could create a web app that would show my location (my phone has GPS).  I couldn't do this with my hosting provider because they don't let you listen on arbitrary ports.  With my own machine, I can do whatever I want, so it's worth the price for me (especially when I start doing experiments).

If I get to where I need to host large amounts of files (beyond 60GB/mo), I'll probably get a separate account with some hosting company like hailstone mentioned.  The trick is, you have to watch out for the "catches".  With a lot of companies (so I hear) the 1st X amount of traffic that you use is at Y speed and that speed slows as your traffic grows.

The other cool thing about having my own server is that I can setup an automated build system like hailstone mentioned a month ago or so (if I ever get around to it).  I forgot to mention PHP, I do have that installed as well as Tomcat, perl, etc.  I have wikimedia installed, but I haven't set it up for any domains.  I've also installed bugzilla recently, but I still have some work to do before I can get it working and I just haven't gotten to it yet.  I really think that we can use a bugzilla database for GAE.

RE-EDIT: I was looking on the wrong machine.  I have perl installed, but I don't have php or python installed (into apache that is) at the moment.  Let me figure that out and I'll have it in shortly.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #153 on: 28 March 2008, 21:37:27 »
You should add formations, and garrisoning.

~Zaggy
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ZaggyDad »

daniel.santos

-
« Reply #154 on: 29 March 2008, 01:49:24 »
ZaggyDad,
Garrisoning is definitely on the list!  But I'm not going to do it the way I've seen other RTSs do where the unit disappears, I'm going to make that an option, but I want the contained unit to be able to be displayed, as in on the deck of a ship and such.  Scale will be an issue to work with on this, as these are not usually in proportion.  Also in this category are walls that archers can shoot from atop of (will probably also be "garrisoned" on top of the wall), bastions, etc.

Formations is a good idea.  The camera needs a little more work though still.  Why is the camera related?  Because generally, current maps don't give enough room for formations.  Current maps were built using the previous camera views.  Now that you can zoom back more, map makers are more likely to make maps with more open spaces.  Once FPM has walls & other defensive structures, pinch points will be more easily defended.  But the camera needs more work so you can zoom back even further.  Next, an (optional) outline needs to be added to units obscured by trees or other units.  Odd as it may sound, I think these two things (the camera and unit outlines) should be in place before doing formations, just because there are so many places on the map where you'll only get 1 or 2 units through.  But what is important about formations and isn't effected by these other issues, is being able to have all of your units arrive at the location you intend to attack all at once.  This way, your horsemen and drake riders aren't killed off before anybody else can join them.  And after the battle is over, your ghost armor show up at the scene.

Anyway, here's 0.2.2.  I haven't done anything else on network play since 0.2.1.

Glest Advanced Engine v0.2.2
[list][li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-win32-0.2.2.rar]GAE v0.2.2 win32 binaries[/url][/li]
[li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-src-0.2.2.tbz2]GAE v0.2.2 sources[/url][/li]
[li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-0.2.2-fpm-0.1.4-win32.rar]GAE v0.2.2 win32 binaries w/ FPM v0.1.4 tech tree[/url][/li][/list]Linux (64 bit) binaries at [url=http://glest.codemonger.org]http://glest.codemonger.org[/url]

Glest Advanced Engine v0.2.2 Changes
    • Saved games now store the explored areas, map resource usage, camera view and selection groups.  These all are retrieved when you load your game.
  • Fixed borderline personality disorder in guarding units.
That's all, just those two things.  Also, when loading a saved game, I appear to be revealing just a little more of the map than I should and there are some jagged edges in the edge of explored areas that are submerged.  Saved games from previous versions of GAE will no longer be compatible and I may rework it again to fix the explored areas, but it's close enough for now. :)

EDIT: Thanks again go to jrepan for help on saved games.[/list]
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 08:19:57 by filux »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #155 on: 30 March 2008, 00:47:00 »
ok, resuming saved network games isn't working in 0.2.2.  I fixed it and I'll release an 0.2.2a later on.

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #156 on: 30 March 2008, 01:21:28 »
New villagers seem to not do auto repair when they're made. (At least the first you make them.)

~Zaggy

Dr.Dixie

(No subject)
« Reply #157 on: 30 March 2008, 14:41:22 »
Um... how do I compile GAE on Linux (more specifically Ubuntu)? I've got the source extracted to a folder in my home folder.

*edit* When I tried compiling it on Ubuntu, it said

configure: error: Please install xerces-c
I tried to find this in Synaptic, but it seems not to be there. Any help?
Er. It seemed to be there, but Glest still couldn't compile. The package I got to attempt to fix this is libxerces27 2.7.0-3. I'm supposing this was incorrect. *confused*

!Dr.Dixie!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Dr.Dixie »

jrepan

(No subject)
« Reply #158 on: 30 March 2008, 16:07:02 »
Quote from: "Dr.Dixie"
Um... how do I compile GAE on Linux (more specifically Ubuntu)? I've got the source extracted to a folder in my home folder.

*edit* When I tried compiling it on Ubuntu, it said

configure: error: Please install xerces-c
I tried to find this in Synaptic, but it seems not to be there. Any help?
Er. It seemed to be there, but Glest still couldn't compile. The package I got to attempt to fix this is libxerces27 2.7.0-3. I'm supposing this was incorrect. *confused*

!Dr.Dixie!

You have to install -dev package to compile. I guess it name is libxerces27-dev
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by jrepan »

Dr.Dixie

(No subject)
« Reply #159 on: 30 March 2008, 19:53:01 »
I'd gotten as far as "jam"ing, when I found that it... well, look for yourself. It looked like the end, but it didn't exactly look finished.

desktop:~/gae/mk/linux$ jam
...found 509 target(s)...
...updating 144 target(s)...
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/window_gl.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl/gl_wrap.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl/thread.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl/factory_repository.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl/window.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/sdl/platform_util.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/posix
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/platform/posix/socket.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/leak_dumper.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/random.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/checksum.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/profiler.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/conversion.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/properties.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/util.o
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp: In member function ‘void Shared::Util::SimpleDataBuffer::expand(size_t)’:
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:61: warning: converting to ‘size_t’ from ‘float’
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp: In member function ‘void Shared::Util::SimpleDataBuffer::compressUuencodIntoXml(Shared::Xml::XmlNode*, size_t)’:
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:86: warning: converting to ‘uLongf’ from ‘float’
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:87: error: no matching function for call to ‘max(uLongf&, unsigned int)’
shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:101: error: no matching function for call to ‘max(uLongf&, unsigned int)’

g++ -c -o ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/util.o  -I/usr/include -DPACKAGE_NAME="gae" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME="gae" -DPACKAGE_VERSION="0.2.2" -DPACKAGE_STRING="gae 0.2.2" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT="daniel.santos@pobox.com" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DUSE_POSIX_SOCKETS= -DX11_AVAILABLE=1 -DHAVE_GLOB_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H=1 -DUSE_SDL= -DHAVE_PTHREAD=1 -DHAVE_LIBZ=1 -I. -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -pthread     -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/platform -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/platform/sdl -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/platform/posix -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/util -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/graphics -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/graphics/gl -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/sound -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/sound/openal -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/xml -Ishared_lib/sources/../include/glew   -O3 -DNDEBUG shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp

...failed C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/util/util.o ...
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/camera.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/texture_manager.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/quaternion.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/context.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/pixmap.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/shader_manager.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/buffer.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/particle.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/font.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/interpolation.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/shader.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/font_manager.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/graphics_interface.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/model.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/texture.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/model_manager.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/font_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/particle_renderer_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/context_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/shader_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/opengl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/texture_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/text_renderer_gl.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/graphics/gl/model_renderer_gl.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/sound_player.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/sound_interface.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/sound_file_loader.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/sound.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/sound/openal/sound_player_openal.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/xml
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/shared_lib/sources/xml/xml_parser.o
...skipped libglestlib.a for lack of libglestlib.a(util.o)...
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/ai
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/ai/ai_interface.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/ai/ai.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/ai/ai_rule.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/ai/path_finder.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/facilities
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/facilities/game_util.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/facilities/components.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/facilities/logger.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/game_camera.o
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::GameCamera::update()’:
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:109: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:112: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:113: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:123: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:126: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:129: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::GameCamera::zoom(float)’:
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:242: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
glest_game/game/game_camera.cpp:244: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘int abs(int)’
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/chat_manager.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/game.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/commander.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/console.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/stats.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/game/game_settings.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/global
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/global/config.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/global/core_data.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/global/metrics.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/global/lang.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/graphics
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/graphics/renderer.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/graphics/particle_type.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/gui
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/gui/selection.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/gui/gui.o
glest_game/gui/gui.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::Gui::computeBuildPositions(const Shared::Graphics::Vec2i&)’:
glest_game/gui/gui.cpp:1071: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
glest_game/gui/gui.cpp:1076: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/gui/display.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/main
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/main/program.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/main/main.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/main/battle_end.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/main/intro.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_new_game.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_options.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_background.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/main_menu.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_scenario.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_root.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_join_game.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_start_game_base.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_graphic_info.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_load_game.o
...on 100th target...
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/menu/menu_state_about.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/network_manager.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/network_interface.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/client_interface.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/connection_slot.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/network_types.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/network_message.o
glest_game/network/network_message.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::NetworkMessageXmlDoc::compress()’:
glest_game/network/network_message.cpp:533: warning: converting to ‘uLongf’ from ‘float’
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/network/server_interface.o
glest_game/network/server_interface.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::ServerInterface::sendFile(std::string, std::string, bool)’:
glest_game/network/server_interface.cpp:279: warning: converting to ‘uLongf’ from ‘float’
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/sound
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/sound/sound_container.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/sound/sound_renderer.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/unit_reference.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/command.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/unit.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/effect.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/resource.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/upgrade.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/faction.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/type_instances/object.o
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/effect_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/resource_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/object_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/tech_tree.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/unit_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/upgrade_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/faction_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/element_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/skill_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/damage_multiplier.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/command_type.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.o
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp: In member function ‘virtual std::string& Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase::getDesc(std::string&) const’:
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:309: warning: passing ‘const float’ for argument 3 to ‘static void Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase::formatModifier(std::string&, const char*, int, float)’
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/tileset.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/time_flow.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/world.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/unit_updater.o
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::updateStop(Glest::Game::Unit*)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:260: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:261: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:261: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::damage(Glest::Game::Unit*, const Glest::Game::AttackSkillType*, Glest::Game::Unit*, float)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1157: warning: converting to ‘int’ from ‘float’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1177: warning: passing ‘const float’ for argument 1 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1177: warning: passing ‘const float’ for argument 2 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2i Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::getNear(const Shared::Graphics::Vec2i&, Shared::Graphics::Vec2i, int, int, int)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1395: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 1 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1395: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘Shared::Graphics::Vec2<T>::Vec2(T, T) [with T = int]’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘bool Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::unitOnRange(const Glest::Game::Unit*, int, Glest::Game::Unit**, const Glest::Game::AttackSkillTypes*, const Glest::Game::AttackSkillType**)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1482: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘void Glest::Game::Targets::record(Glest::Game::Unit*, int)’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1504: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 3 to ‘const Glest::Game::AttackSkillType* Glest::Game::AttackSkillTypes::getPreferredAttack(const Glest::Game::Unit*, const Glest::Game::Unit*, int) const’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘bool Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::repairableOnRange(const Glest::Game::Unit*, Shared::Graphics::Vec2i, int, Glest::Game::Unit**, const Glest::Game::RepairCommandType*, const Glest::Game::RepairSkillType*, int, bool, bool, bool)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1566: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘void Glest::Game::Targets::record(Glest::Game::Unit*, int)’
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/minimap.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/map.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/water_effects.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/surface_atlas.o
...skipped glest for lack of libglestlib.a...
...failed updating 1 target(s)...
...skipped 2 target(s)...
...updated 141 target(s)...

Help!
*edit* Boy. I wish there was just a tutorial. So complicated.

!Dr.Dixie!

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #160 on: 31 March 2008, 03:30:14 »

!Dr.Dixie!

w00t! You're writing a tutorial for compiling on Ubuntu? Sweet! we really need that :)

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #161 on: 31 March 2008, 10:10:32 »
!Dr.Dixie!,

I'm almost done with 2.3.  The odd thing is that I'm not getting the warnings that I want to see in my output, I'm not sure why.  Also, it looks like the one thing that created an error (in util.cpp) is due to the difference in machine word size.  I looked through the zlib headers and it looks like uLongf eventually ends up as an "unsigned long", but that could be different on x86_32.  Either way, it's not matching up with unsigned int, which is only guaranteed to be 16 bits, though it's probably 32 bits on a x86_32, so maybe the uLongf is actually a 64 bit unsigned.  Either way, if you want to fix it now, edit shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp and stick a "(size_t)" cast in front of the 1st parameter fed to max(): So for shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:87
tmpbuf = (char *)malloc(max((size_t)compressedSize, chunkSize + 1));and for shared_lib/sources/util/util.cpp:101
tmpbuf = (char *)realloc(tmpbuf, max((size_t)compressedSize, chunkSize + 1));

So in short, thank you for flushing out these problems. MSVC++ on win32 didn't choke on them, and I've turned on extra warnings to try to find stuff like this, but I need to figure out why I'm not seeing any warnings.  The rest of the warnings can be ignored, but I'm going to try to get them all cleaned up, it's always better to explicitly cast.

Also, for you C++ programmers out there looking at my code, I'm sorry, I'm used to C-style casting.  I did C before I did C++ (back when they were flushing out the specs for the the dinosaur :) ).

EDIT: Dr. Dixie, go ahead and make those changes above and recompile.  I've decided to overhaul the the position calculation functions, which were getting pretty hairy, so 0.2.3 won't be out all that soon.  On the bright side, this should solve a lotta problems with building, repairing, etc and will pave the way for overhauling pathing, which is causing a lot of performance problems on slower computers.  It's also helping me get stuff out of unit_updater.cpp which has substantially grown since I started working on gae.

Dr.Dixie

(No subject)
« Reply #162 on: 31 March 2008, 14:36:26 »
Quote from: "daniel.santos"

!Dr.Dixie!
w00t! You're writing a tutorial for compiling on Ubuntu? Sweet! we really need that ;)

Er. No. I'm not. Sorry. I'm rather a nOOb...

Ok... I seem to have gotten it compiled. Where's my GAE?

Hmm... If this actually worked, I might consider compiling for Linux for them releases...

!Dr.Dixie!

orion

(No subject)
« Reply #163 on: 31 March 2008, 15:06:59 »
Quote from: "ZaggyDad"
ZaggyDad,
Garrisoning is definitely on the list! But I'm not going to do it the way I've seen other RTSs do where the unit disappears, I'm going to make that an option, but I want the contained unit to be able to be displayed, as in on the deck of a ship and such. Scale will be an issue to work with on this, as these are not usually in proportion. Also in this category are walls that archers can shoot from atop of (will probably also be "garrisoned" on top of the wall), bastions, etc.

If all of our ideas are put into the game, Glest will become one of the best rts games EVER. Along with formations, I too have a list of ideas that may be incorporated in the GAE, but Daniel is probably the most busy guy on this forum and I kind of feel like a leech asking so much. That's why I'm learning C++, the windows api, and openGL :D.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by orion »

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #164 on: 31 March 2008, 15:16:57 »
Yeah...And for a guy to get into the building, it could have certain points that they go to, and things in the xml or model to tell it the path to take. And the units could have a walking up stairs animation pointed out in the xml as the model to use, and then it would play it every time the unit moves upwards. :wink:

~Zaggy

daniel.santos

-
« Reply #165 on: 31 March 2008, 15:34:55 »
Quote from: orion
If all of our ideas are put into the game, Glest will become one of the best rts games EVER.

Thanks orion.  Yea, that was kinda my idea.  Once I originally got into the Glest engine I realized it's potential, being that it was actually well written instead of slopped together like a lot of code I've seen.  Starcraft 2 is coming up, so we'll get to compare feature by feature.  Maybe somebody will create a StarCraft-like mod for Glest! :)

Dr.Dixie, your executable should be called "glest" in the mk/linux directory.  In truth, you can run "strip -s" on it to make it smaller, if it matters.  But it would help if you could at least make a list of the Ubuntu packages that you had to install.  That will greatly help other on Ubuntu.  Does Ubuntu use apt?

Glest Advanced Engine v0.2.3 & Four Path Magitech v0.1.5
[list][li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-win32-0.2.3.rar]GAE v0.2.3 win32 binaries[/url][/li]
[li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-src-0.2.3.tbz2]GAE v0.2.3 sources[/url][/li]
[li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/four_path_magitech-0.1.5.rar]FPM v0.1.5 tech tree[/url][/li]
[li][url=http://glest.codemonger.org/files/glestadv-0.2.3-fpm-0.1.5-win32.rar]GAE v0.2.3 win32 binaries w/ FPM v0.1.5 tech tree[/url][/li][/list]For other archive formats, visit [url=http://glest.codemonger.org]http://glest.codemonger.org[/url].

Glest Advanced Engine v0.2.3 Changes
      • Dead units will now begin to fade and then sink into the ground before they disappear.  I haven't gotten the shadows to fade yet, so they look pretty tacky right now.
    • Found and fixed ONE of the race conditions that can occur in multiplayer game (still a lot of work to do here).  On the bright side, the game will still autosave if the client screws up and crashes.
    • Fixed a problem with multiplayer autosave that I accidentally introduced in 0.2.2 (fat finger).
    • Modified the saved games so that explored areas are now perfectly restored (for the server or single player at least)
    • Clients of a resumed multiplayer game now get their explored areas back.  I couldn't save their minimap alphas (since it gets saved on the server), so I had to synthesize it and it's not 100.0% perfect, but it is *very* close to what it was before the the save.  When the game is restored, the client's selection groups and camera position/angle are still not saved, so they'll have to reset their selection groups, while the server gets theirs back.
    • When choosing a build location and hovering over your builder, it doesn't red-out (unless there's something else in the way).  This also works when you have multiple builders selected.
    • When initiating a build with multiple builders, all of them will get out of the way now, but some will complain that they can't build there and will give up.
    • Fixed problems with jam-based build not spitting out warnings like it should.
    • Tweaked the save game code to make the explored areas and map resources more compact.
    • Did some internal housekeeping (moved location calculation functions from UnitUpdater to Map).
    • Cleaned up a lot of warnings and fixed a problem that Dr. Dixie had compiling on x86_32 GNU/Linux (as it should be called)
Four Path Magitech v0.1.5 Changes
  • will fill in later, mostly balancing stuff
[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 08:20:21 by filux »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #166 on: 31 March 2008, 15:45:55 »
Quote from: "ZaggyDad"
Yeah...And for a guy to get into the building, it could have certain points that they go to, and things in the xml or model to tell it the path to take. And the units could have a walking up stairs animation pointed out in the xml as the model to use, and then it would play it every time the unit moves upwards. :wink:

~Zaggy

Not a bad idea.  I was actually mulling over how I want this to work last night.  I want them to have some "move out of my way" sounds and some "I'm busy sounds."  Units should only move if they aren't busy (i.e., executing their "stop" command).  I was working out how to do pathing and I defiantly want it to use projection, by figuring out who's going to be where based upon their current trajectory.  But when somebody is pathing and somebody gets in their way (especially unexpectedly) it's going to cause unit frustration.  When unit frustration reaches a certain threshold, they can execute an action (like complaining).  At least, that was a thought. :)  Units will only be able to plan their path based upon the trajectory of other units that they can see.  I considered having it to where they base it off of the actual path plan of other units if they are friendlies and they can see them.

I agree that they should make others get out of their way and if somebody is in their build path, but they are passing through, they should be able to wait and deter other friendlies from entering the build area.

Dr.Dixie

(No subject)
« Reply #167 on: 31 March 2008, 15:54:52 »
Um. Yes, Ubuntu uses apt, I think, and here's what I found in the history that I had to get:

libxerces27
libxerces27-dev
jam 2.5rel-1
libopenal-dev

I believe that's all. All.

!Dr.Dixie!

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #168 on: 31 March 2008, 16:06:35 »
The building fix seems to come with a bug... the villager does walk out of the way of the building, but he walks back into the middle again, still having the build command on him. :confused:

~Zaggy

Duke

(No subject)
« Reply #169 on: 31 March 2008, 16:11:45 »
libvorbis-dev should be needed as well.

You should also check for autogen and automake and also with a fresh system for build-essentials.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Duke »

orion

(No subject)
« Reply #170 on: 31 March 2008, 16:51:16 »
Quote from: "Daniel.Santos"
The board was down earlier, but I added a new post about 0.3 plans, let me know what you think.  

What post about 0.3 plans? Where?

*Edit*: I just read the topic under the "Mods" section. Cool.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2008, 22:49:26 by orion »

Dr.Dixie

-
« Reply #171 on: 31 March 2008, 17:07:34 »
Whenever I start the compiled version of GAE, the glest window just disappears after being there for a second. I'm going to post the compile thing. It seemed to have... a FEW too many warnings to be real, but I tried it anyway...

Oh, scrud, I don't have the full thing... here are like the last few hundred lines. Sigh.

glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:319: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:290: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘static void Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase::formatModifier(std::string&, const char*, int, float)’: --param inline-unit-growth limit reached
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:320: warning: called from hereglest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:290: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘static void Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase::formatModifier(std::string&, const char*, int, float)’: --param inline-unit-growth limit reached
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:321: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:290: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘static void Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase::formatModifier(std::string&, const char*, int, float)’: --param inline-unit-growth limit reached
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:322: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:323: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:324: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:325: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:326: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:327: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.cpp:328: warning: called from here
MkDir1 ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/tileset.o
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Field, 2u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:49:   instantiated from here
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Field, 2u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:49: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::Fields’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Property, 3u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:72:   instantiated from here
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Property, 3u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:72: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::UnitProperties’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:89: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::UnitStatsBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:218: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlag, 22u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/effect_type.h:71:   instantiated from here
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlag, 22u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/effect_type.h:71: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlags’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/../shared_lib/include/../include/platform/socket.h: In member function ‘void Shared::Platform::NetworkDataBuffer::write(Shared::Platform::float32)’:
glest_game/../shared_lib/include/../include/platform/socket.h:111: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
glest_game/types/flags.h: At global scope:
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreference, 5u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/command_type.h:70:   instantiated from here
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreference, 5u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/command_type.h:70: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreferences’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/command_type.h:208: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::AttackCommandTypeBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/type_instances/unit.h:129: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::Unit’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/time_flow.o
glest_game/global/config.h: In function ‘void __tcf_0(void*)’:
glest_game/global/config.h:28: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Config::~Config()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/global/config.h:95: warning: called from here
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/world.o
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Field, 2u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Field, 2u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:49: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::Fields’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Property, 3u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::Property, 3u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:72: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::UnitProperties’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:89: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::UnitStatsBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/unit_stats_base.h:218: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::EnhancementTypeBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlag, 22u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlag, 22u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/effect_type.h:71: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::EffectTypeFlags’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/flags.h: In instantiation of ‘Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreference, 5u, unsigned int>’:
glest_game/types/flags.h:132: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::XmlBasedFlags<Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreference, 5u, unsigned int>’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/command_type.h:70: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::AttackSkillPreferences’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/types/command_type.h:208: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::AttackCommandTypeBase’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/../shared_lib/include/../include/platform/socket.h: In member function ‘void Shared::Platform::NetworkDataBuffer::write(Shared::Platform::float32)’:
glest_game/../shared_lib/include/../include/platform/socket.h:111: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
glest_game/type_instances/unit.h: At global scope:
glest_game/type_instances/unit.h:129: warning: ‘class Glest::Game::Unit’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h: In function ‘void std::__uninitialized_fill_n_aux(_ForwardIterator, _Size, const _Tp&, __false_type) [with _ForwardIterator = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<Glest::Game::Faction*, std::vector<Glest::Game::Faction, std::allocator<Glest::Game::Faction> > >, _Size = unsigned int, _Tp = Glest::Game::Faction]’:
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h:50: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Faction::Faction(const Glest::Game::Faction&)’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/stl_construct.h:81: warning: called from here
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h:50: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Faction::~Faction()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/stl_construct.h:107: warning: called from here
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h: In function ‘void std::__uninitialized_fill_n_aux(_ForwardIterator, _Size, const _Tp&, __false_type) [with _ForwardIterator = Glest::Game::Faction*, _Size = unsigned int, _Tp = Glest::Game::Faction]’:
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h:50: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Faction::Faction(const Glest::Game::Faction&)’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h:50: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Faction::~Faction()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h: In member function ‘void std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_fill_insert(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename std::_Vector_base<_Tp, _Alloc>::_Tp_alloc_type::pointer, std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc> >, size_t, const _Tp&) [with _Tp = Glest::Game::Faction, _Alloc = std::allocator<Glest::Game::Faction>]’:
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/vector.tcc:318: warning: called from here
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/vector.tcc:343: warning: called from here
/usr/include/c++/4.1.3/bits/vector.tcc:343: warning: called from here
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::World::loadSaved(Glest::Game::GameSettings*, const Shared::Xml::XmlNode*)’:
glest_game/world/world.cpp:161: warning: called from here
glest_game/world/world.cpp:161: warning: called from here
glest_game/world/tileset.h: In constructor ‘Glest::Game::World::World()’:
glest_game/world/tileset.h:100: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Tileset::Tileset()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/world/world.cpp:41: warning: called from here
glest_game/types/tech_tree.h:31: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::TechTree::TechTree()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/world/tileset.h: In constructor ‘Glest::Game::World::World()’:
glest_game/world/tileset.h:100: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Tileset::Tileset()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/types/tech_tree.h:31: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::TechTree::TechTree()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/global/config.h: In function ‘void __tcf_1(void*)’:
glest_game/global/config.h:28: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘Glest::Game::Config::~Config()’: --param max-inline-insns-single limit reached
glest_game/type_instances/faction.h: In member function ‘void Glest::Game::World::initFactionTypes(Glest::Game::GameSettings*)’:
glest_game/world/world.cpp:642: warning: called from here
glest_game/world/world.cpp:642: warning: called from here
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/unit_updater.o
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘bool Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::unitOnRange(const Glest::Game::Unit*, int, Glest::Game::Unit**, const Glest::Game::AttackSkillTypes*, const Glest::Game::AttackSkillType**)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1412: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘void Glest::Game::Targets::record(Glest::Game::Unit*, int)’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1434: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 3 to ‘const Glest::Game::AttackSkillType* Glest::Game::AttackSkillTypes::getPreferredAttack(const Glest::Game::Unit*, const Glest::Game::Unit*, int) const’
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp: In member function ‘bool Glest::Game::UnitUpdater::repairableOnRange(const Glest::Game::Unit*, Shared::Graphics::Vec2i, int, Glest::Game::Unit**, const Glest::Game::RepairCommandType*, const Glest::Game::RepairSkillType*, int, bool, bool, bool)’:
glest_game/world/unit_updater.cpp:1496: warning: passing ‘float’ for argument 2 to ‘void Glest::Game::Targets::record(Glest::Game::Unit*, int)’
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/minimap.o
glest_game/global/config.h: In function ‘void __tcf_1(void*)’:
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/map.o
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/water_effects.o
glest_game/global/config.h: In function ‘void __tcf_0(void*)’:
C++ ./build/i686-pc-linux-gnu/optimize/glest_game/world/surface_atlas.o
glest_game/types/flags.h: At global scope:
LinkApplication glest
...updated 136 target(s)...
I hope what little of the whole there is there is helpful...
*edit* Here's the gae folder after compilation.
[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?g01tmg3jdlp]http://www.mediafire.com/?g01tmg3jdlp[/url]
!Dr.Dixie!
« Last Edit: 16 April 2016, 08:16:34 by filux »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #172 on: 1 April 2008, 03:47:52 »
wow, there's definitely a lot of differences between our compilers.  I had turned on a few extra warnings in 0.2.3, but I certainly wasn't seeing all of that, there was only one warning left for me.  This is actually helpful, because I see what the opinion of Ubuntu's compiler is on a lot of different issues.  However, I'm moving all of my extra warnings to only appear in the debug build, so you won't have this problem.

As far as gae exiting as soon as you start it, what does it say?  There should at least be an error message.

EDIT: OK, I did a little research on this and based upon what I'm seeing, I'm betting that Ubuntu's gcc compiler is configured with a lower  inlining limit that the default of 600.  Unless you have a much older processor, I personally recommend that you add -finline-limit=600 to your CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS thusly
CFLAGS="-finline-limit=600" CXXFLAGS="-finline-limit=600" ./configure blah blah blah.  

In practice, the performance difference probably isn't that significant, but on modern processors, especially those with 512k+ of L2 cache, I think it's often better to inline than to not.  It's the exchange of having more code to manage vs making more function calls.

But moreover, if you want to junk the messages, edit Jamrules and remove "-Winline" from the end of line 23.  Not sure what to do to disable all of the warnings about there not being a virtual destructor.  I was being cheap for classes where I knew I wouldn't need it and I didn't want an extra 4-8 bytes (depending upon the machine pointer size) for the extra virtual function pointer weighing down my objects.  What can I say, my 1st computer had 4kb of ram (yes, kilobytes).

Let me know what the output from glest is before it exits (I'm presuming that there is some type of output.)

Dr.Dixie

(No subject)
« Reply #173 on: 1 April 2008, 14:12:29 »
There was no error that I could see. It just brought up the window and exited a half a second after.

As for changing the file you mentioned, I don't exactly understand you. What is this? Where is it?

*edit* So, from what you can see, it worked(sortof) but you didn't expect as many warnings as it gave?

!Dr.Dixie!

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #174 on: 1 April 2008, 16:28:32 »
Dr.Dixie, are you running this from the console?  I guess I'm going to need to setup a 32 bit ubuntu install somewhere.  Maybe they have a livecd I can use :)

anything