Author Topic: Mod announcement...  (Read 6113 times)

Mandrill

Mod announcement...
« on: 9 August 2004, 11:54:27 »
Just a small announcement.
I have an idea for a mod (New factions, New tilesets) and require the aid of similarly minded Modelers and Texture Artists.  
Simply reply to this post with your email address or PM me for more details.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Mandrill »

StrikerShot21

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 9 August 2004, 20:38:31 »
Im not signing up for the mod (I am working on my own) but I'm curious to know what it's about.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by StrikerShot21 »

StrikerShot21

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2004, 21:22:00 »
so much for this "new" mod. I bet this guy didn't even have an idea for one. If he really wanted help he would have posted his idea.

Mandrill

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2004, 14:38:28 »
Oh ye of little faith....

Glest Mod Idea. Iteration 1. RoboGlest.

Note: this mod idea is based on v0.7.6 and will be subject to change. I haven't managed to get v0.8.0 running yet

The Earth is a living hell of war and conflict. Machines stalk the cities enforcing an iron will on the down trodden. Beneath the surface, rebellion simmers. The forces of freedom make ready to rain down their rage from the heavens.

Premise

Replace all Unit and Building models with futuristic counterparts. Map textures and objects to a semi-apocalyptic wasteland of ruined cities, deserted highways, and the smoke belching churn of machinery. Junkyards, Ghost cities, Roads to nowhere.

Two Major Factions.

Government backed security forces will make up the “Evil” faction. Whilst the underdog rebels will be the equivalent of the “good guys”.
The Technology of each faction will be roughly equivalent differing mainly in style and presentation. We should find the natural character of the faction as we go. As rough guidelines though, think “Totalitarian Gov’t Future Cops” Vs “Scabby Lookin’ Rebel Activists”

Units

Gov’t Security Units.

Drone: Builds all Basic buildings. Can Repair and gather all resources.

Ranger: Ranged attack troops possibly using an assault rifle of some kind.

Riot-Cop: Close range troops using shields and batons.

Cop-Bot: Not a true bot but a man in an exosuit. Not far adapted from the
industrial models used by the rebels but with better armour and less punch.

Lieutenant: Builds advanced structures, Can heal troops and gather a specific resource. Possibly using an SMG.

Swat-Bot: A mix of good close combat weapons and a fearsome heavy machine gun for suppressing infantry. Again better armour than the industrial model but is a slow target.

Siege-Bot: Designed to detect and suppress enemy positions and infantry movements The Anti Personnel mortar on this baby drops hell on them from above. Low close combat rating though so make sure he has support.

Captain: Good long range and close attacks. Quite vulnerable to anti-infantry weapons though. Can call on an air strike for a certain cost.

Rebel Activist Units.

Guerrilla Worker: Builds all basic buildings. Can repair and gather all resources. Can also plant booby traps.

Sniper: Slower firing than the ranger but with greater range and higher damage.

Eastern Master: One trained in the art of unarmed combat. Their only weapon is their will.

Exo-Reb: Industrial Exo-suit drafted into service as a close combat powerhouse. Less Armour than the police mode but packs a bigger punch.

Aid Worker: Builds advanced structures can heal troops and gathers a specific resource. Can also smuggle items.

Exo-Reb Mk II : Two heavy repeating shotguns on each arm of this still pretty basic industrial exo-suit turn it into a close combat mincing machine.

Infiltrator: Part hacker, part spy can temporarily disrupt the grid supply in a small area and can plant explosives on key targets undetected.

Commander: Equivalent of Gov’t Captain something other than Air strikes though.

Buildings.

Gov’t Buildings and Upgrades.

Precinct Fortress: Builds drones, Stores collected resources.

Microwave Hub: Acts as Farm. Produces food equivalent resource.

Training Camp: Trains Rangers, Riot Cops and Cop-Bots. May upgrade
training speed.

Tech-Workshop: Allows upgrades of weapons and armour. Allows training of Cop-Bots at Training Camp. Stores one Resource

Intel-Centre: Trains advanced units; Lieutenant, Swat-Bot, Siege-Bot, Captain.

Security tower: Static defence. May be upgraded with Grid-Fencing.

Manufacturing Base: Research; Grid Efficiency, Materials Science. Allows
Training of Siege-Bot at Intel Centre.

Command Post: Research; Thermal Sensor Array. Allows training of Captain at Intel-Centre.

Weapon/Armour Lvl1: Upgrade at Tech-Workshop. Weapon/Armour +1

Weapon/Armour Lvl2: Weapon/Armour +2

Boot Camp: Training speed upgrade at Training Camp -25%

Grid efficiency: Researched at Manu. Base. Grid Output +25%. Allows Grid
Fencing

Grid Fencing: Upgrade for Security Towers. Allows either long range detection grid or close range anti-infantry grid.

Materials Science: Increases all units movement speed by one and allows training of Captain at Intel-Centre.

Thermal Sensor Array: Full map radar fog of war remains however.

Rebel buildings and upgrades.

Rebel Stockade: Builds Guerrilla workers. Stores collected resources.

Grid Hijack: Acts as Farm. Collects food equivalent resources.

Safe house: Trains Sniper, Eastern Master and Exo-Reb. May upgrade training speed.

Car Yard: Upgrades weapons and armour. Allows training of Exo-Reb at Safe House. Stores one resource.

War Room: Trains advanced units; Aid Worker, Exo-Reb MkII, Infiltrator and Commander.

Lookout Post: Static Defence. May be upgraded with Mine-field.

Armoury: Research; High-Explosives, Motion Detection. Allows training of Infiltrator at War Room.

Forward Bunker: Research; Advanced Camoflage, Allows training of Commander at War Room.

Weapon/Armour Lvl 1: Upgrade at Car Yard. Weapon/Armour +1

Weapon/Armour Lvl 2: Weapon/Armour +2

Combat Tactics: Training speed Upgrade at Safe House -25%

High-Explosives: Researched at Armoury. Allows Mine-field and Infiltrator's demolition ability.

Mine-Field: Upgrade for Lookout Posts. Allows either close range anti-personnel mines or medium range sensor jamming.

Motion Detection: Increases Sight of all Units by 20% and allows training of Commander at War Room.

Advanced Camoflage: Makes Infiltator undetectable by all units except Grid Fencing and hides buildings on radar.

A note about style.

Dark Manga.
Cop-Bots and Exo-Rebs must be in keeping with a big robot style, think the lifter suit in Aliens. Definitely mechanical, nothing in the slightest bit organic about them.
Gov't buildings should be futuristic and shiny, Reb buildings industrial and grubby.  
Gov't units should look like cops. Black/Dark Blue uniforms, well turned out
Reb units should look more like Vietnam marines, a little rough around the edges.

The reason I didn't post the details before is I didn't have them properly thought out. I only had a rough idea in my head.
Whats your mod about Striker?

StrikerShot21

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2004, 14:51:28 »
That's quite a list you've got there. I have the perfect idea to replace trees. we have burned/destroyed houses, skyscrapers, mutated trees, and pretty much any other idea I can come up with. I would be willing to help with simple static objects like the objects mentioned above.

Mandrill

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2004, 15:06:45 »
Nice :)
I'm still trying to figure out what to replace the various resources with.
Grid Power obviously = food.
And I reckon some sort of petro-chemical should replace gold. but the other two are giving me some trouble.

I'll edit the previous post with any further ideas I have.

StrikerShot21

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2004, 15:07:35 »
you can delete the other resources that you dont need. I have quite a bit of experience with the Glest capabilities. If you ever need help just ask. Do you have some sort of instant messenger?

Hande

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2005, 09:38:50 »
what's the status of this MOD?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Hande »

StrikerShot21

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2005, 22:58:41 »
Wow, talk about reviving an old post. Its over 6 months old! I don't think the mod got anywhere.

anything