Author Topic: Compile Prob  (Read 2706 times)

lordmono

Compile Prob
« on: 27 February 2008, 20:32:44 »
Can anyone help with this?

I followed all the steps in the how-to....

I am using MS VS 2008. I try to compile and this happens...
This happens during the build solution near the end.

Code: [Select]
'.\type_instances\effect.cpp': No such file or directory
'.\types\effect_type.cpp': No such file or directory
 '.\types\unit_stats_base.cpp': No such file or directory
'..\..\build\Debug\game\effect.sbr': No such file or directory   BSCMAKE   game

libglest compiles fine. But when it comes to the game, these files appear to be missing?

Any help would be great! Thanks!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by lordmono »

lordmono

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2008, 16:24:08 »
BUMP!

Anybody know how to fix?

:(

orion

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2008, 20:16:53 »
I may be able to help.

Is that all of the message that appeared when you compiled it?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by orion »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 29 February 2008, 00:26:59 »
These are some of the most annoying problems I've ever run into in MSVC++ (and it started back in 4.0).  It's trying to create the browe information files and that's failing.  I think I just do a clean and rebuild, but you can also try going into the settings and turning off the browse information (both in the "C/C++" and "Browse Information" sections).  I'm not on a windows machine to try it out right now, but I'm sorry you are having that problem and I feel for you.  I cussed a lot figuring that platform out.

But browse information files are only useful when doing development because it lets you easily browse through the classes, namepsace and do quick searches for functions, variables, call graphs, type hierarchies, etc.

Edit: OOPS!! I just re-looked at your error message.  It can't find your source files.  Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night.  I don't know what you did for sure, but if you try to move your project files around, you're going to have problems like that.  You can also try shutting down MSVC++ and renaming your .ncb file (the binary index file), but I'm not sure what else to say without telling you that you have to know compilers pretty well to do this.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

orion

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2008, 00:59:25 »
What daniel.santos said.
:)
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by orion »

lordmono

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2008, 16:02:33 »
Thanks so much guys!

(Sorry I posted this twice, wasn't sure where to put it)

I will give this a try and report back.

THANKS!

lordmono

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 29 February 2008, 19:35:13 »
Okay...well.... now it dumps this at me... (Errors)

Code: [Select]
Error 98 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 99 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 100 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 101 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString referenced in function "void __cdecl Shared::Graphics::Gl::_assertGl(char const *,int)" (?_assertGl@Gl@Graphics@Shared@@YAXPBDH@Z) renderer.obj game
Error 102 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 103 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 104 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluErrorString libglest.lib game
Error 105 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluDeleteQuadric referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::renderMouse3d(void)" (?renderMouse3d@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAEXXZ) renderer.obj game
Error 106 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluCylinder referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::renderMouse3d(void)" (?renderMouse3d@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAEXXZ) renderer.obj game
Error 107 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluQuadricDrawStyle referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::renderMouse3d(void)" (?renderMouse3d@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAEXXZ) renderer.obj game
Error 108 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluNewQuadric referenced in function "public: void __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::renderMouse3d(void)" (?renderMouse3d@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAEXXZ) renderer.obj game
Error 109 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluPerspective referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::computePosition(class Shared::Graphics::Vec2<int> const &,class Shared::Graphics::Vec2<int> &)" (?computePosition@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAE_NABV?$Vec2@H@Graphics@Shared@@AAV456@@Z) renderer.obj game
Error 110 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluPickMatrix referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Glest::Game::Renderer::computePosition(class Shared::Graphics::Vec2<int> const &,class Shared::Graphics::Vec2<int> &)" (?computePosition@Renderer@Game@Glest@@QAE_NABV?$Vec2@H@Graphics@Shared@@AAV456@@Z) renderer.obj game
Error 111 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluBuild1DMipmaps referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall Shared::Graphics::Gl::Texture1DGl::init(enum Shared::Graphics::Texture::Filter,int)" (?init@Texture1DGl@Gl@Graphics@Shared@@UAEXW4Filter@Texture@34@H@Z) libglest.lib game
Error 112 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gluBuild2DMipmaps referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall Shared::Graphics::Gl::Texture2DGl::init(enum Shared::Graphics::Texture::Filter,int)" (?init@Texture2DGl@Gl@Graphics@Shared@@UAEXW4Filter@Texture@34@H@Z) libglest.lib game
Error 113 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup MSVCRTD.lib game

I am not sure what exactly what is causing this now. I tried a few things.
Any ideas? Thanks guys.

daniel.santos

PLEASE MERGE THREAD
« Reply #7 on: 1 March 2008, 03:58:31 »
ok, this isn't very nice.  Can somebody please merge this thread with the one in Mods?  I addressed it before and I knew I did, but you have it in two different places.  Next time you do that, please request that people reply on a single thread (and link to it).  Otherwise, people may give duplicate answers and answer questions that have already been answered on another thread.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

anything