Author Topic: Compiling Glest with NetBeans (c++, for Windows)  (Read 4024 times)

hardyvoje

Compiling Glest with NetBeans (c++, for Windows)
« on: 29 February 2008, 19:03:32 »
Hello,

I've tried to compile glest_game source with NetBeans 6.1
where to find makefile for Windows?
(... or is there makefile for windows? :) )
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by hardyvoje »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 1 March 2008, 04:01:05 »
no makefile for windows.  The Linux version uses Jam.  If you are using a product like netbeans (which supports real build tools) you may consider installing Jam (which Cygwin doesn't package, sucks) and trying to get the Jam compile to work.  I wouldn't attempt any of that if you aren't already comfortable with build tools.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

hardyvoje

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 1 March 2008, 11:32:12 »
... I'm coming into c++ from c#, ActionScript 3, php and Java ... so I know syntax, already learned some c-specific things, but I can decide which IDE and compiler to use... I've some experience with NetBeans (for Java) and with very familiar with VS.NET IDE.... hmmm...

what do you think that could be best IDE for my work with Glest source?
at this moment I have:
1.NetBeans
2.Visual Studio Express 2005 c++

and now I'm downloading Jam...

Thanks!

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 2 March 2008, 04:44:17 »
I've recently downloaded NetBeans to test it out and it seems really good so far. On Linux I suggest using it only as an editor and debugger and use the jam build tool. For Windows it might be better to use the default compiler because the jam files might not be setup for Windows like Daniel said.

I haven't used NetBeans with Glest yet but I probably will in the future. I've also used C# at university.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by hailstone »
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

hardyvoje

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 2 March 2008, 06:17:47 »
When I'm creating Project in NetBeans it asks me about makefile or config file... Have you made up to create Glest NetBeans project file with downloaded source from SVN?