Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 2041 times)

erandur

Need some help
« on: 5 March 2008, 14:15:58 »
hi, I'm currently creating a more economic version of Glest, but I have one problem... I can't create any models in .g3d. I won't repeat the whole reason why not, but believe me.. I can't.

Now, I wanted to create new resource called 'weapons'. But I can't seem to be able to create them, mining them isn't logical. Creating ahouse, and you get them is even less logical. So I'll the blacksmith create them, but for that I need some models! And since I don't have any... I'm asking for your kind help, just a 20 or so poly with pure-gray textures will do. They just have to be small.

So if anybody can do this favor for me, I'd really appreciate it, and I might return the favor, once I get the 3ds max 9 exporter to work.

OR, if anybody has a better idea, to create the resources, without needing any models let me know.

And finally, is there a way to let the workers pick those models up when they are needed, like in the settlers IV?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by erandur »

martiño

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 5 March 2008, 14:32:10 »
We now have working win32 binaries for blender (see the contrib folder).
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by martiño »

erandur

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 5 March 2008, 14:40:44 »
Quote from: "martiño"
We now have working win32 binaries for blender (see the contrib folder).

Not exactly the biggest fan of blender, but I suppose I don't really have much a choice now, heh.

Anyway, thanks whomever made that win32 package. :)

Edit: Eeehm, how do I use it? Do I have to compile it with VC++ or something? Because the 2 .exe files immediatly close.

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 5 March 2008, 15:29:34 »
No, you have to use it in a command line. It hasn't got a gui, so it closes on startup (as usual with command line programs :confused: ).

~Zaggy
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ZaggyDad »

erandur

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 5 March 2008, 16:02:48 »
Quote from: "ZaggyDad"
No, you have to use it in a command line. It hasn't got a gui, so it closes on startup (as usual with command line programs :o The command line of windows still works? Windows earned itself some respect in my eyes now! :D

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 6 March 2008, 11:59:37 »
Quote from: "erandur"
:o The command line of windows still works? Windows earned itself some respect in my eyes now! :D
LMAO!!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »