We've just released Glest 3.1.2, this version contains a few critical fixes, that should improve the game experience.Features
The main fix if the one for slow building placement in post 7.9 Catalyst drivers, also in this version the game won't let you start a multiplayer game with different binaries (you can disable this in glest.ini, with NetworkConsistencyChecks=0, but do it at your own risk).
The full list:
- Fixed slow building placement in ATI cards with catalyst 7.10 or newer
- Fixed fog of war smoothing
- Improved position picking when giving orders
- Fixed some glitches in shadows
- Added red colored building cursor when trying to build in an invalid location
- Fix for empty chat messages
- Reduced Drake Rider morphing time from 120 to 80 and reduced splash radius attack of a few units
- Improved battlemachine death animation
- The game now checks that all players are using the same binariesHow to get it
Windows: download the installer
Linux: Download binaries
. Source code
also available (but we recommend the official binaries, thanks to titus for compliling them).
The best way to arrange multiplayer games is the #glest
irc channel at irc.freenode.net
. You can also use AF lobby.
Please give us your feedback.