Author Topic: Resources  (Read 1453 times)

divineauthority

Resources
« on: 5 March 2008, 21:19:09 »
I've approached resources recently in my mod and came to a bit of a standstill. Does the energy source give a steady flow of magic overtime or do you get just one lot when you first build it? I noticed the energy costs for it are negative hence why you get some energy when you first build one. I was just wondering if a building can give a steady flow of resources over time.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by divineauthority »

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 6 March 2008, 08:19:55 »
Yes, take a look under techs/magitech/resources/food.  This is a resource where you can store a certain amount of it and it also creates a steady flow.  The reason energy source has a negative value for energy is because that is the cost (it's a bit of a hack).  In other words, if it has a negative cost, then it is actually giving you energy.  Energy is a static resource.  There is a certain level of supply and there is a certain level of usage.  Excesses are not stored.  Food is consumable.  If your consumable resources go negative, a number of your units will take damage every 30 or 60 seconds until they die off (thereby lowering your consumption rate) or you get more food to feed them!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

divineauthority

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 6 March 2008, 17:32:48 »
Cheers!  :D
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by divineauthority »