Author Topic: Tech spearman, pikeman, and halberdier mod  (Read 12280 times)

ZaggyDad

Tech spearman, pikeman, and halberdier mod
« on: 25 March 2008, 01:19:43 »
I made all the units listed above, but I don't know how the halberdier would use the axe part of the halberd, so I haven't made it have that yet. I plan to make a slinger, crossbowman, and arbalestier. If it doesn't load, then tell me what the error is, and I'll fix it. I'll probably update the pike, because it's just a halberd the the axe part removed.

Sorry for not posting screenshots (I'm really lazy.).

http://www.mediafire.com/?egmr0xg0vjb

Hope you like them.

~Zaggy
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ZaggyDad »

Archmage

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2008, 16:51:31 »
Nice! I tried the mod, it ran smothly, and no glitches! :D  I changed the morph speed for the speerman to speer man on knee to 100000 - that speed was more realistic. Love the idea - but why do the other units (that upgrade from the speer man) have the ability? Looking forward to the crossbow man and the other units.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Archmage »

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2008, 17:19:54 »
Well, I basically though that since they had so much more armor and attack (And that they have more attacks too)they didn't exactly need it.

I've finished the crossbowman and arbalestier, but I still need to upload it somewhere, and the computer I'm on doesn't have all the internet allowed.

And btw, I'm not exactly aiming for it to be on only Glest (mainly because I'm OBSESSED with Glest adv, and don't test it on anything else (pretty much). ;) ).

~Zaggy

Archmage

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2008, 17:58:36 »
Can you you make more units for magic? Cause it feel un balanced (techs have realy many units now) Maybe the summoner guild can make ghost units? or elementals?

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2008, 18:58:33 »
I plan (if I get a good idea for the model)to make a phoenix. It'll prolly have a medium (maybe like the swordsman's) attack but a very large splash (keep your infantry away! ;) )

Anyway, here are the crossbowmen (now I REALLY need to make the phoenix.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?5mn6dmxgrmn

Btw, I plan to make a slinger, too.

~Zaggy

Botjer

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2008, 19:29:21 »
and will automatically respawn upon death? :P
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Botjer »

Archmage

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2008, 20:26:58 »
Just wondering, what program do you use? If blaender I need some help, if not then... (I posted a new topic in mod section of the board)

EDIT* I just tried out the crossbow man - why does the stronger unit upgrade to a weaker unit? I know that one has longer range, but is it worth it?

Archmage

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 28 March 2008, 14:48:24 »
I got some ideas for your mod. Here they are:
TECH:
UNITS:

>Horses - get the stabels upgrade and then build them from the farm - have most units be able to get on the horse (for transportation) ex. spear man + horse = Horseman (or something like it) and workers can get on the horse for faster transportation.

>Rangers - have bows and arrows (they could be called hunters) and have the ability to tame (i'll explaine later)

BUILDINGS:

>Mine - a small house that you place on a gold spot - builders can no longer mine that spot, but the mine it self keeps a steady flow of gold - for gold spots that are far away.

>Quarry - same thing except for stone.

MAGIC:
UNITS:

>(no name right now) - the unit morphs from the summoner. It has the ability to summon drakes (with out becoming a rider - two seperate units) and the ability to control - if a enemy unit gets close enough, the (no name) unit can attack it with the control - the unit becomes under your control - you see what the unit sees, it will follow you commands (1st priority) then it's original owner (could be turned off but then he will get suspected)

>Drake - same as horse but with attack

>Legendary units - phoenix and so on. They all have some special abilities - for exemple phoenix when dies can give you back most of the resources that was used to produce it.

>BEASTS - you can only have only one - the beast costs alot and is very powerful but has one weakness  :wink:
Deer - If tamed by techs then it can produce food
Horses - the usuall horse except black?

Most wild life will run away from tech, but not from magic units.

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 28 March 2008, 15:07:44 »
The arbalestier is stronger, because he has a better attack and range, but he reloads slower, because it takes a lot more force to cock the metal bow compared to the wooden one.

Wait! I think you're right! I had a tournament between a crossbowman and a arbalestier, and the crossbowman won. I guess I should raise the attack on the arbalest...or else lower the crossbowman's attack a bit...or both.

Oh! btw, the arbalestier currently doesn't have any more reqs than the crossbowman.

~Zaggy

DrJekyll

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2008, 00:56:25 »
lol when summoner transform into that certain creature how about naming it The Drake Brood mother(if it's going to resemble a drake) if that sound too odd or peculiar how about Matriarch.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by DrJekyll »

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2008, 02:09:34 »
I made a Unicorn, and it hopefully will fix the nonbalancedness of it. (Although it probably won't.) And it has the horseman's sound effects, so it's sorta deficient. :P

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?d9xndgtyycd

Sorry I didn't make the other stuff you wanted, but I think that it probably would be too hard to make. And, a few of the functions you want on them are impossible so far in Glest. And one reason I never made the phoenix was because it has to be limited to one.

And I lost the models for the Tech units I made (I think forever), so I probably won't be able to make the slinger after all.

I'm going to make icons for the units soon, it's just taking a long time to get around to it.

~Zaggy

tripsahoy

Re: Tech spearman, pikeman, and halberdier mod
« Reply #11 on: 20 October 2008, 23:43:24 »
before i do this i just wanted you to know that i will be puting your pikeman and maby your crossbow man in my new camelot faction

modman

« Reply #12 on: 21 October 2008, 02:10:54 »
For Tech II, I think That I will use the Halberdier for my Sentry and the Arbelestier for my potential Crossbowman. Could you make a Crossbowman and a Halberdier just like you did before, except with a Guard?  And also, can you make an Archer with a Longbow (A bowman with a bow as tall as he is) for my Longbowman, and a Swordman without a shield?  Thank you so much, your help will be greatly appreciated!  You will also get tons and tons of credit, for it is the model makers who make the factions happen.  I know this is hard work, but you seem to be good at it.

ZaggyDad

« Reply #13 on: 22 October 2008, 03:16:01 »
Good news. I found the files that I made this mod with, so now I can improve the units' death animations, work on the slinger, and then improve the units for you, and make the longbowman. (which I was actually planning to make before, anyway.) I can't do textures at all, pretty much, so I think it would be helpful if gameboy could make new textures for the models once I finish them...  :)
« Last Edit: 23 October 2008, 15:51:33 by ZaggyDad »

gameboy

« Reply #14 on: 23 October 2008, 14:20:12 »
Meee? i'm not that good at texturing(is that the correct spelling? i don't know who cares) but i'll try, you'll have to lend me the blend files though.

ZaggyDad

« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2008, 12:05:50 »
Yes, you are. some of your textures might not be that good, but some of your textures are pretty excellent. (At least, that's my opinion.)

And yes, that's the right spelling.

gameboy

« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2008, 15:11:11 »
Thanks.
BTW How can i change my user name?

ZaggyDad

« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2008, 16:25:32 »
You can't, that I know of.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 October 2008, 21:09:15 »
What are you planning to make the slinger look like?  I might base my Sun faction's Slinger on yours if I like it.

hailstone

• GAE Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 October 2008, 08:02:17 »
BTW How can i change my user name?
An admin would need to do it.
Glest Advanced Engine - Admin/Programmer
https://sourceforge.net/projects/glestae/

Cuthroatdie

« Reply #20 on: 7 December 2008, 08:58:12 »
I have made a basic mod which alows magic to make a super-unit called the behemoth god (it costs 1000 gold and stone and has 10000 hp). I was trying to give it another attack which uses energy but it wouldn't work. I was also going to make the god version glow like the fire golem in the indian mod.  Any help would be appreciated. Anyway, the download link is here: http://http://rapidshare.com/files/171048898/behemoth_mod.zip

mictes

« Reply #21 on: 7 December 2008, 11:14:14 »
Hi Cuthroatdie, welcome to the forums !
n1 work, but it is a little bit unbalanced - when I play Tech against Magic the game gets a little bit unfair ^^

BTW: could anyone scale the Behemoth models to 200% for me, please ?

Cuthroatdie

« Reply #22 on: 7 December 2008, 12:05:07 »
Yes, it is a little overpowered, and I suppose I should put the price of them up a bit... One reason they are so strong is that I wanted to give them a weak attack which used no energy and a strong one which used lots of energy but I couldn't because I couldn't find a way to give a unit two attacks so I comprimised by giving him a middeling one.

I can't scale the models because I don't have the software sorry...

mictes

« Reply #23 on: 7 December 2008, 12:19:21 »
You can give a unit two attack-types. Look at the archmage unit xml.

Cuthroatdie

« Reply #24 on: 7 December 2008, 15:44:41 »
I have given the behemoth god two attacks (a weaker no-energy one and a stronger energy using one). The new download link is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/171151473/b ... _mod_2.zip

anything