Here's a way for you none multiplayer users to join in the multiplayer fun. ( windows users! )
1. Go on google and search "IceChat"
2. Download and open it.
3. Click on the "Favorite Servers" to the left and double click on "irc.freenode.net"
4. Click on the "Favorite Channels" tab.
5. Click on "Add"
6. Type in "glest" without the " " and press ok
7. Now that glest is in your list, click on it and click "Join"
8. Change your name on the channel by typing in /nick _______ The ______ is where you type your name
9. WOOT, YOUR IN!!! Now just find someone there who already has played multiplayer before and ask them how to set up a game. Or you can just read the below.
Setting up a game:
1. Find someone who wants to play you.
2. Figure out who is hosting.
3. Host goes to http://www.whatismyip.com
and get his IP
4. Host sets up the game, host has to set a slot on "Network" so people can join.
5. Person joining clicks on "Join Game" and delete the IP that is already there and type in the Host's IP. Click connect.
6: Host starts game.
*WARNING* Linux and Windows don't work together on multiplayer, if you try playing someone who uses Linux and your using Windows, you'll disconnect, Vice Versa. Make sure you all have the map the host is using, if you don't, you'll disconnect. Make sure you have the same version of glest and default configuration settings, if not, you might disconnect.
Port Fowarding: Go to http://portforward.com
for help setting up a router to host a multiplayer glest game.