Author Topic: Mod Megapack V4 is released ( outdated )  (Read 82898 times)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
Re: Mod Megapack V4 is released
« Reply #100 on: 11 October 2009, 21:56:29 »
Well, I was think Romans would be Ancient Egypt's counter-faction, so maybe you could add in Romans 2.1 once it comes out.
Romans2.1 might come out Tuesday night, but if it doesn't then I'm hoping I'll get it out there next weekend.....
Yes, If there is an other nice faction which fits with the others and which is poolished enough and has no copyright problems,  I will happily include it!
Woodsman and dwarves might be other good candidates too and maybe Elimnator also has something for the pack :) .
The megapack is only a collection of mods and they really must not be made by me, my son and weedkiller only ! Its only something made for the players out there who want to have fun with it! Maybe one day the megapack gets too big, but currently its the best way of providing all the existing finished , poolished and playable factions( in one techtree)  and tilesets. 
But I'll make the installers for v5.
Yes, this would be nice, but please first a linux version :)
And about the loading issue, maybe you should separate the factions into two techs.......
If nobody does it, I will modify the sourcecode myself  :)
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #101 on: 11 October 2009, 22:04:50 »
Quote from: archmage101 on Today at 17:17:55
Well, I was think Romans would be Ancient Egypt's counter-faction, so maybe you could add in Romans 2.1 once it comes out.
Romans2.1 might come out Tuesday night, but if it doesn't then I'm hoping I'll get it out there next weekend.....
Yes, If there is an other nice faction which fits with the others and which is poolished enough and has no copyright problems,  I will happily include it!
Woodsman and dwarves might be other good candidates too and maybe Elimnator also has something for the pack Smiley .
The megapack is only a collection of mods and they really must not be made by me, my son and weedkiller only ! Its only something made for the players out there who want to have fun with it! Maybe one day the megapack gets too big, but currently its the best way of providing all the existing finished , poolished and playable factions( in one techtree)  and tilesets.

Thanks.

But I'll make the installers for v5.
Yes, this would be nice, but please first a linux version Smiley

Actually they are made at the same time. It would only take longer to build them separately.

And about the loading issue, maybe you should separate the factions into two techs.......
If nobody does it, I will modify the sourcecode myself  Smiley

Oh good, I didn't know you could do coding.
BTW, where do you put the code on a persons computer.....I'll need to know for the installers and it would be nice to know?
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #102 on: 12 October 2009, 16:47:43 »
You know, I just realized the similarities between the GUE and the Megapack, maybe we could combine them...
Egypt Remastered!

Mark

« Reply #103 on: 12 October 2009, 22:32:29 »
No, I think the megapack is of much higher quality, I mean, who is going to download a 600 MB file when they don't know that it is good, whereas Titi's has been very well received.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #104 on: 12 October 2009, 23:26:24 »
Hmm, well then I'd like to join in on production of the MegaPack v5 as one of my mods will hopefully be in it, and I'll be making the installer.
The GUE will be canceled, and I'll do enhancements on the menu and stuff for the MegaPack if you want titi.
Egypt Remastered!

Kung Fu Panda

« Reply #105 on: 13 October 2009, 12:12:02 »
titi there are totally new attacks and armors - not there in either in the megapack v4 that I have, magitech, or in in all the numerous tech trees i have ( and those i created  ;D) so I was asking what are the damage multiplier values I should put in the tech tree.xml. I could also think and do them myself but I'm a total loser in balance..... so......

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 13 October 2009, 12:14:28 »
I don't understand your question, which attacks and armors? Is this probabaly the wrong thread?
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

madmanntis

« Reply #107 on: 14 October 2009, 02:59:04 »
By the way: We will need an updated glest for this, which only loads the needed factions, otherwise loading times will get really long and some people might run out of memory when starting the megapack techtree.

YES titi! Excellent idea! I second that! Exclamation mark!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 14 October 2009, 03:13:06 »
GAE already does that.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #109 on: 14 October 2009, 03:26:37 »
Ah, but this isn't a GAE mod...although it would still work, ugh, if only GAE would work for me...
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 14 October 2009, 03:29:22 »
Well, it's pointless waiting for a new version of regular Glest, since GAE is now the only development path going on.

Loronal

« Reply #111 on: 14 October 2009, 10:04:40 »
I have loved the megapack especially with the egypt faction. I have been able to fight tech okay with egypt but the other factions win against me. Actually by my bet its the fact that Im not good at playing glest. I used to by and could defeat cpu brutals but I think Im losing my touch in gaming but I am certainly getting bettter at modding. Hey anyways this is incredible Im sad I didnt get earlier.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 15 October 2009, 12:20:04 »
  ::) The first post contains a little installation description for windows users now ::)
« Last Edit: 16 October 2009, 09:13:55 by titi »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 26 October 2009, 14:55:57 »
Just for your info:
I removed some messages here, because the whole discussion was very offtopic. I'm quite shure I didn't removed anything important!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #114 on: 7 November 2009, 02:24:20 »
Megapack V5 stuff to work on:

Indian Projectiles- I noticed a few projectiles needed some work.
Persian Projectiles- I'll take a look at these sometime after I finish work with Indians.
Norseman Projectiles- I'm not too sure if any updates are needed, but I'll take a look after I finish the more important things.
Two new factions: Romans and Egypt! - We need to balance these with the current Megapack factions.
Balance notes: The elephants are a bit too strong in Persians they don't die much, and their attack is devastating!
I'll balance the factions using my Spectators map, after I finish updates to the projectiles.
I also noticed that some of the anims are in a disagreement with gravity.
Egypt Remastered!

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 7 November 2009, 10:25:38 »

> Indian Projectiles- I noticed a few projectiles needed some work.
?? maybe you use GAE. Glest 3.2.2 doesn't show any problems for me. What do you think is wrong?

> Persian Projectiles- I'll take a look at these sometime after I finish work with Indians.
same thing...

> Norseman Projectiles- I'm not too sure if any updates are needed, but I'll take a look after I finish the more important things.
same thing

> Two new factions: Romans and Egypt! - We need to balance these with the current Megapack factions.
yes, if they are completly done. But I have to test everything first. Maybe dwarfs or others are ready too!

> Balance notes: The elephants are a bit too strong in Persians they don't die much, and their attack is devastating!
??? no I think they should even get stronger!! Its a very late unit which is slow and has no range attack. This means it has to have very good armor! But persian is very strong, I will try to tweak a bit here.

> I'll balance the factions using my Spectators map, after I finish updates to the projectiles.
Sorry, but I want to make it on my own, because CPU logic is not all you have to take into account. I played lots of multiplayer games with these factions to get a proper balance too! You should balance your roman faction to tech and magic ( and maybe indian) from the current megapack.
We will never be able to create completly balanced factions and I think its good to have different strong factions, this gives us more fun/options when playing vs AI and good or bad players :). But they should be at last a bit balanced.....

> I also noticed that some of the anims are in a disagreement with gravity.
Yes, thats probably right, but I think I'm not really willing to change it in the old factions. The work on them is done and they are fun to play ....

Additional things for the new megapack:
- new tilesets ( mediterran / scrubland ( I will tweak it if Madelf doesn't do it!)) and maybe more...
- new maps ( especially trappins maps )
- hopefully some good new scenarios using the megapack ( lua scripted ones ? )

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #116 on: 7 November 2009, 15:35:00 »
> Indian Projectiles- I noticed a few projectiles needed some work.
?? maybe you use GAE. Glest 3.2.2 doesn't show any problems for me. What do you think is wrong?

No, nothing is wrong I just wanted to improve the existing one.

> Two new factions: Romans and Egypt! - We need to balance these with the current Megapack factions.
yes, if they are completly done. But I have to test everything first. Maybe dwarfs or others are ready too!

Yea Dwarves is good, maybe even Elves if someone finishes my work, because I'm probably not going to work on Elves for a while.

> Balance notes: The elephants are a bit too strong in Persians they don't die much, and their attack is devastating!
Huh no I think they should even get stronger!! Its a very late unit which is slow and has no range attack. This means it has to have very good armor! But persian is very strong, I will try to tweak a bit here.

Just watched a game of persians vs tech in my Spectators map, they are kind of weak, their attack is fine, I think they need about 10 more armor, but they get produced kind of fast so that a factor as well.....
BTW, tech won, I thought Persians was going to win but their forces weren't doing much damage on techs army, because techs army was all grouped up, and Persians was in a line so techs army easily chewed the Persians armies to pieces.

> I'll balance the factions using my Spectators map, after I finish updates to the projectiles.
Sorry, but I want to make it on my own, because CPU logic is not all you have to take into account. I played lots of multiplayer games with these factions to get a proper balance too! You should balance your roman faction to tech and magic ( and maybe indian) from the current megapack.

Well I was up late last night tweaking the balance with my Spectators Map, I actually liked the way the balance was and only minorly tweaked it, I'll send my changes to you.

> I also noticed that some of the anims are in a disagreement with gravity.
Yes, thats probably right, but I think I'm not really willing to change it in the old factions. The work on them is done and they are fun to play ....

Yea the style in which the anims are done makes the game-play a lot of fun.

BTW I worked last night a bit on the Indian particle effects, I think I have much improved them.
Egypt Remastered!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 7 November 2009, 22:39:37 »
I am having romans in vbros pack 3, are you having it in your mega pack too?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #118 on: 7 November 2009, 23:01:33 »
Yes, he is.
But still lets include it in both, a lot of people like Romans.
Egypt Remastered!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 8 November 2009, 01:36:49 »
Please arch... Let Him tell me...
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 8 November 2009, 10:55:20 »
Oh I didn't know that its in vbros too!
In the megapack I try to include only completly done and state of the art factions wich are kind of balanced to each other.
If romans will fit, I think it should be included, like every other faction.

Before I release a megapack 5 I ill try everything to get a new glest release which only loads the factions which are needed. Silnarm already implemented it and made a patch for glest 3.2.2.  I have to ask martino now if we should go on our own or not.
After this is done and we see how it works, we will decide what to do with romans and other vbros factions in general. Maybe we make our own glest release, including some mods and the binary in one installer???

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: 8 November 2009, 15:38:16 »
Titi, once everything is figured out, send me the completed V5, and I'll make some linux installers.
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #122 on: 24 November 2009, 17:36:19 »
Also, you may want to include the Woodsmen mod, that one is spectacular, probably the best mod ever!
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #123 on: 21 December 2009, 17:31:06 »
It's almost Christmas, I thought you were going to make the V5 release on Christmas..............
Egypt Remastered!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #124 on: 21 December 2009, 17:55:25 »
Wow, arch, triple post over the course of a month!  ;)

I don't recall him saying he'd release before christmas, though that'd be nice.

What though is planned for v5? Summary?
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert