Author Topic: Glestimals  (Read 79821 times)

Fluffy203

Re: Glestimals
« Reply #125 on: 23 March 2010, 20:53:43 »
arch what does that have to do with anything? about being a newb?

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 23 March 2010, 21:37:02 »
Every one can make there own animals to there tile sets, and once water units are added (To mega-glest) we can hunt birds land animals and fish!  :scientist:
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #127 on: 23 March 2010, 21:39:41 »
arch what does that have to do with anything? about being a newb?

You're idea sounds like an easy way to do it, when it would be missing a lot of features we need, and I'm just saying that the GAE team has the ability to do better than a neutral faction. :|
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 23 March 2010, 21:43:16 »
GAE is not doing any thing for GAE I don't think, Mega-Glest rules for now. (It is stable).  :)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #129 on: 23 March 2010, 23:40:14 »
GAE is not doing any thing for GAE I don't think, Mega-Glest rules for now. (It is stable).  :)
Yeah, megaglest rocks.  :thumbup: besides with the "constant" bugs that happens sometimes, and the old sweet features from GAE that are missing from it...  :thumbdown:

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 24 March 2010, 01:28:03 »
GAE is not doing any thing for GAE I don't think

I gave up on informing the community of what I'm up to long ago... doesn't mean I'm not doing anything, I'm just doing the stuff that no-one else is capable of, and no-one cares about anyway.  That doesn't mean it doesn't need doing, just that little brats who want everything yesterday don't get to see any shiny new effects so they don't care.

Quote from: ElimiNator
Mega-Glest rules for now. (It is stable).  :)

Stop spamming our board then. Also, you insinuate that GAE is not stable, sadly your claim can't be backed-up.  It's going to take Megaglest a long time to get to the point GAE is at, GAE is light years ahead and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 24 March 2010, 01:45:41 »
I was the one (along with Titi Tiger and softcoder trying for days to get GAE stable, and always I would crash it in the end. If you posted the latest GAE I could probably crash it too.

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 24 March 2010, 01:55:11 »
I was the one (along with Titi Tiger and softcoder trying for days to get GAE stable, and always I would crash it in the end. If you posted the latest GAE I could probably crash it too.
nah it's pretty stable...  :|
at least for me...right now.

silnarm

• Local Moderator
  • Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 24 March 2010, 01:58:41 »

You can find the latest beta in a topic that has been pinned in this sub-forum. If you can crash it, I'd love to hear all about it.

Regarding your 'testing', that was while we were reverting the networking, you were using custom built binaries (often modified by your father) from a development branch to test multi-player, of course it was going to crash.
Glest Advanced Engine - Code Monkey

Timeline | Downloads

Fluffy203

« Reply #134 on: 24 March 2010, 02:02:47 »
DON'T HATE ON THE GAE , have you seen what silnarm has done with the pathfinding its incredible in my opinion

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 24 March 2010, 02:12:36 »
DON'T HATE ON THE GAE , have you seen what silnarm has done with the pathfinding its incredible in my opinion
O I don't.

You can find the latest beta in a topic that has been pinned in this sub-forum. If you can crash it, I'd love to hear all about it.

Regarding your 'testing', that was while we were reverting the networking, you were using custom built binaries (often modified by your father) from a development branch to test multi-player, of course it was going to crash.

Ok Ill try.  ;)

Fluffy203

« Reply #136 on: 24 March 2010, 02:25:43 »
Give it a shot GAE has alot that megaglest doesn't , but megaglest has stuff GAE doesn't  :thumbup:

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #137 on: 24 March 2010, 12:56:56 »
Enough Off-Topic!!!
Egypt Remastered!

Fluffy203

« Reply #138 on: 24 March 2010, 21:18:29 »
stop being a douche and leave the post alone , i don't wanna have to start a new topic saying Don't hate on GAE , just to say don't hate on GAE , Now if the owner of this topic asked me to stop being OT i would

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #139 on: 24 March 2010, 21:22:48 »
No, Eliminator started it, I don't blame you for responding, I would have responded similarly.

Ok, someone get us back on-topic.

Btw, you could have PMed him....

PS: I'm not a double douche, I'm a moderator, and this is my duty.
Egypt Remastered!

Fluffy203

« Reply #140 on: 24 March 2010, 21:25:17 »
I think you are over using your power , you are here to make sure that it doesn't get to weird/ out of hand , but don't take our freedom away from posting what we want to say  :thumbup:

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #141 on: 24 March 2010, 23:05:43 »
Maybe I should have just Pm'ed Wciow so...  :|
Since some people have issues.  ::)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #142 on: 25 March 2010, 00:06:15 »
I'm going to try to make this my last OT post. :-[

I think you are over using your power , you are here to make sure that it doesn't get to weird/ out of hand , but don't take our freedom away from posting what we want to say  Thumb Up

Well, I am a little jumpy today, and after...god what's his name........it's the new guy, whose name starts with "t", hold on.............uh.........oh yes, "Teh_Meck", that's his name, oh right, uh yes, ...and after Teh_Meck abused the forums, I tightened my grip.......forgive me, I should be a little less aggressive when I try to get people back on-topic. :( :-[
Egypt Remastered!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 25 March 2010, 01:43:08 »
Ok so about glestimals, dose every one like the idea of mine about hunting?

(Just geting back of OT)  :)

Fluffy203

« Reply #144 on: 25 March 2010, 01:47:03 »
Sounds like AOE , but that works for me , would still have to make the neutral unit be a resource like the trees , well turn that way when hp=0 , but sounds good to me  :thumbup:

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 25 March 2010, 01:54:11 »
Yes, when the unit dies it looks like a big hunk of meat and the hunter loads it up and takes it home (Like mining or chopping).

Fluffy203

« Reply #146 on: 25 March 2010, 01:57:38 »
yea that part would be easy just use the harvest skill with the animation , but the turning it into a resource when it dies , might be tricky

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 25 March 2010, 02:05:31 »
Ehh... the hunting wasn't really my favorite part of AoE.  It was tedious and required a lot of micro-management.  If you just let your workers keep hunting on their own, they always end up getting eaten by lions and whatnot.  I remember somebody a long while ago talking about bandits attacking your workers and stealing their resources, and then you kill the bandits to get them back.  I think in this way, we could have the animals "carry" food, and then your hunter units would gain the food when they killed the animals.

Fluffy203

« Reply #148 on: 25 March 2010, 02:08:51 »
Also my least favorite part , you always get your workers killed by enemies too , but i see where your going with it  :thumbup:

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #149 on: 25 March 2010, 02:11:44 »
The bandits should go for the workers when the workers were un-guarded.
Egypt Remastered!