Author Topic: Glestimals  (Read 79789 times)

Zoythrus

Re: Glestimals
« Reply #300 on: 28 April 2011, 22:11:22 »
actually, "evasive" sounds more like a tag that can be added, not a full on AI.

if added to the other AI's, you'd get these results:

passive - when you attack it, it runs off

passive-aggressive - if you attack it, it will attack back for a short time, then run off.

aggressive - it actively pursues you, attacks for a small bit, then runs off (but will then make guerrilla attacks on your troops in the area, attacking and running off)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #301 on: 29 April 2011, 06:24:17 »
I would imagine passive would also be evasive.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #302 on: 30 April 2011, 01:59:57 »
my AI ideas are:

passive -the glestimal doesnt attack, no matter what you do to it

passive aggressive - it doesnt attack you unless you attack it, and will fight you in a small radius around it (the radius should be definable)

aggressive - it attacks anyone nearby, and will fight until either it or its target dies.

random - it switches between the three AI's randomly, making it rather unpredictable.

did i forget anything?

I'd add a 4th kind of AI:

evasive - it runs when there is someone nearby, like workers or units without attack (radius also can be definable)

Wouldn't that be super easy to beat? You come to their base and they all run away. :P
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 30 April 2011, 02:05:08 »
Wouldn't that be super easy to beat? You come to their base and they all run away. :P
You realize we're talking about squirrels, right?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #304 on: 30 April 2011, 02:11:33 »

Oops...... I got this confused with that guys school project to change the GAE AI. Sorry.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Zoythrus

« Reply #305 on: 30 April 2011, 17:15:44 »
you mean we cant give the squirrels their own base that you have to conquer?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 23 May 2011, 08:40:45 »
Bump for status check.  Is anybody still working on these?  If so, what have you got so far?

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #307 on: 23 May 2011, 08:42:46 »
Where are the Glestimals located? Are they included with Git-master? Some other hidden place?  :confused:

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 23 May 2011, 10:25:42 »
Basically things are still at the same stage as I posted a couple of months ago on the last page. Just a couple of animations for the wolf and deer left. I've also done a few tweaks and a better death animation for the bunny but nothing major. We just need to get them implemented, then maybe interest will pick up and we can improve and expand on whats already there.
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 23 May 2011, 10:54:06 »
Well, some of the folks over at opengameart.org were talking about putting together a small art sprint, so if we gather everything we have and figure out what else we need, want, and/or could use, maybe we could make some magic happen.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #311 on: 12 December 2011, 02:18:42 »
Ah, a much needed bump. Was this ever finished (on the programming side)?
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 12 December 2011, 21:52:03 »
Ah, a much needed bump. Was this ever finished (on the programming side)?

Nope, Silnarm did some experimenting but i guess there were more important things on the to do list. I've still got all the art files if this ever actually gets coded  :angel:
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 13 December 2011, 19:42:09 »
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/glestae/ticket/139

@Wciow, by that do you mean that they're done?  Last I checked, there were just a few odds and ends to finish up.

jda

« Reply #314 on: 20 December 2011, 01:21:49 »

passive-aggressive - if you attack it, it will attack back for a short time, then run off.

aggressive - it actively pursues you, attacks for a small bit, then runs off (but will then make guerrilla attacks on your troops in the area, attacking and running off)
:O :O :O :O :O :O :O
Well, just to make sure, in case it wasn't a joke, passive-agressive is more like:
if you attack it, it will run off; later on, when you think it's all sorted out, it will drop a nut on your head and acuse you of stealing . ;D

Back on-topic, this would be fun (no pun intended) to see implemented.  :thumbup:

Zoythrus

« Reply #315 on: 20 December 2011, 02:31:28 »

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O
Well, just to make sure, in case it wasn't a joke, passive-agressive is more like:
if you attack it, it will run off; later on, when you think it's all sorted out, it will drop a nut on your head and acuse you of stealing . ;D

Back on-topic, this would be fun (no pun intended) to see implemented.  :thumbup:

no, i did not originally mean that the animal in question suffered from passive-aggressive behavior, i meant that the AI applied to it would be a mixture of passive and aggressive behavior (resulting in a creature that has no ill intention against you until you attack it)

jda

« Reply #316 on: 20 December 2011, 03:48:37 »
no, i did not originally mean that the animal in question suffered from passive-aggressive behavior, i meant that the AI applied to it would be a mixture of passive and aggressive behavior (resulting in a creature that has no ill intention against you until you attack it)
Hmm. I see. Well, yes, that was exactly what you had said. But it was all too funny, add the whole discussion that followed on top of it... sorry... I just couldn't find the strength to not laugh. Sorry.   :look:

On the subject of the glestimals having a base to be destroyed... wouldn't that make them just another faction?  :look: I think it would be great to just have them roaming around, add more to the environment, specially entertaining with the ability to interact with them - just don't make a goal out of playing with them on the map. They are there on their own right, they don't need to be foes to be there! Though it is fun that you can make them such... Kinda. Not if you think of them as aninals, but ok if they're glestimals.  ;D

Shuting myself up now.

See ya!  :)