Author Topic: GAE Website  (Read 13998 times)

daniel.santos

Re: GAE Website
« Reply #25 on: 26 October 2008, 11:48:00 »
orion, I haven't received your public key file, can you please resend it?  daniel dot santos at pobox dot com.  Thanks

Oh yea, also, I had to remove the background image from that one table because after adding more text & such it made it look funny.

orion

« Reply #26 on: 26 October 2008, 21:21:48 »
Sorry. I've been busy lately. I promise I will send it by monday.

orion

« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2008, 11:20:32 »
I mailed out the key yesterday. You should have it by now

orion

« Reply #28 on: 14 November 2008, 15:46:07 »
Whoo! It's been a long time since I've posted in this topic. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew a server connection program in linux that I could use. To connect to Daniel's server, I used to use winSCP (Windows), but now that I have Kubuntu (which I love to death) I need one for linux. I was thinking that maybe I could use WINE, but I'd rather use a native program.

Any ideas?

daniel.santos

« Reply #29 on: 14 November 2008, 19:13:49 »
hmm, I'm such a command-line junkie, I'm not sure what to say there.  I use bash scripts (shell scripts) to do the build and update the downloads-table.php file.  Whatever you do, you may want to create a "stage" directory to test it out, I haven't done a backup in a few days :)

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #30 on: 14 November 2008, 19:25:38 »
in ubuntu ( not kubuntu ) its simply under locations->connection to server but its gnome and you have KDE

update:
Ok found it! In KDE its buildin, try this:
simply enter an adress like the following in konquerer for example:
fish://user@hostname/path
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

orion

« Reply #31 on: 18 November 2008, 12:26:06 »
Thankyou

orion

« Reply #32 on: 18 November 2008, 19:48:46 »
What's up with the website Daniel? It keeps saying "Certificate Error" or something like that.

daniel.santos

« Reply #33 on: 20 November 2008, 00:07:06 »
yea, just add an exception.  That's due to a self-signed certificate.  Somebody gave me a link to an organization that you can get a real certificate from for free, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out what I need to do to get it yet.  Depending upon your browser, you'll have to figure out how to add an exception and accept the certificate anyway.

orion

« Reply #34 on: 26 November 2008, 00:15:00 »
just letting everybody know that I have not quit on the website and that I'm still here. I just had a break through with Kubuntu linux and I just installed Java and Netbeans(The IDE I use to make the website). All I have to do is get Photoshop working with wine and we're back in business.

@Daniel.Santos
Do you have a logo (A "Codemonger" logo)?

@Omega
If you read this topic, let me appologize for not sending you the Kubuntu ebook and I am doing so right after I finish typing this..and this...and this...and this. etc

Edit: I just realized that I don't have your email Omega. How can I email the Kubuntu document to you if I don't know your address. Freaking out!  :o

daniel.santos

« Reply #35 on: 28 November 2008, 16:59:36 »
Quote from: "orion"
Do you have a logo (A "Codemonger" logo)?
hehe, no, I don't.  But if I had one, it would probably be some crazed maniac with the text of a C or C++ file in his mouth (as if he were a dog playing with a sheet of cloth he found, trying to tear it up :)  Thanks for the idea actually!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #36 on: 30 November 2008, 14:39:07 »
Quote from: "daniel.santos"
it would probably be some crazed maniac with the text of a C or C++ file in his mouth (as if he were a dog playing with a sheet of cloth he found, trying to tear it up :)
...odd
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

anything