Author Topic: Bug Questions: 0.2.7 win32 - pauses when selecting units  (Read 3041 times)

daniel.santos

wciow, I was unable to reproduce this bug.  Is anybody else having a problem on the 0.2.7 win32 release that causes the game to pause when selecting units?  wciow, can you re-install just to make sure?
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2008, 12:17:10 »
I've played a few times to check this out. It only happens when I have alot of units (60+) and tends to get worse as more units are added. It could be something about my system configuration. Since we have such a small test group its possible that it won't happen on other systems. It might also be down to a graphics problem similar to the building placement bug in Glest which only occurred on some systems.

EDIT:

Good news (sort of), this isn't a GAE bug. It also happens with Glest 3.1.2, although slightly less pronounced. I have found that it is not clicking units which is the problem but ANY left clicking and also drawing boxes with left click. When GAE is running at its top frame rate one click will cause a small skip, repeated left clicking will slow the game down to single figure frames!!

Please don't waste too much time on this since I am almost certain that it is related to my system and in paticular openGL.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by wciow »
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

daniel.santos

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2008, 18:22:44 »
ahh, actually this is very useful information, thanks you!! :)  So thanks for clarifying the problem.  I have a few ideas about what it may be related to, and it may not be at all related to your system, but I don't know that part of the code well enough to know for sure.  The left clicking has to determine if you are clicking through any polygons of a model that is a unit, so maybe the performance problem is there (when you have lots of units, each with lots of polygons), but I haven't looked at it too deeply yet.  Thanks
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by daniel.santos »

anything