a faction made exclusively for multiplayer with more advanced ways of playing
1 (20%)
an evil version of magic that functions in the magitech techtree
2 (40%)
neither (suggestions then?)
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: 8 July 2008, 12:58:38

Author Topic: new faction  (Read 2668 times)

rts gamerguy

new faction
« on: 8 July 2008, 12:58:38 »
okay, so I decided to create a new faction in another topic, but no one seemed interested. I guessed it was because the title didn't really imply that I was making a new faction. Anyways, I now seriously doubt that there is any interest whatsoever in a faction designed exclusively for multiplayer. So if no one wants that one, would anyone want a faction based on magic, but that's more evil? (Not just reskins). Also, if you want info on the all multiplayer faction, go to the topic "new faction ideas, concepts etc."
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by rts gamerguy »

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 8 July 2008, 15:05:20 »
I choosed neither.
I think it would be fine to have a new faction which can fight with tech magic (indians/norsemen).
It should be something different:
Examples are:
Robots
Aliens
Insects(Ants for example)
Japanese/asiatics ( with ninjas/explosives ... )
Black wilds from afrika with spearfighters/lions/elephants/voodoo puppet fighter
orientalic with flying carpets/elephants/snakes ....
and probably somthing like horror with zombies/mummys/ghosts/vampires
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

rts gamerguy

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 8 July 2008, 16:28:05 »
hmm I dunno, good ideas though.

robots, aliens, insects, ants, africans and ninja people are not really my style, and I have no clue what I could do with them. I was aiming for something that fits into magitech. Oriental could be cool though, I think I should look into that. But this also gives me an idea: what about a druidic/nature style civilization? it's a bit more fantasy-ish than just plain human warriors. There could be a stonehenge-like building, maybe necromancy, bonfires, various tamed animals (bears, wolves giant birds etc.?) and a druid that controls the elements, buildings for worship, an expensive summon of a tribal god/goddes that dissapears on it's own after a while? (maybe through a negative regen value???) anyways, would anyone be interested in this? Or would the orientals be preffered? Or maybe insect, why not?

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 8 July 2008, 17:54:02 »
Yes, that is something interisting.!
But I think it's a good idea to only realize/think about  ideas that are possible with the current glest version. This will bring you hopefully  to a happy end :).
So "Druids that control the elements" are not really possible yet . Druids possibilitys must be something "glest possible".
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

rts gamerguy

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 9 July 2008, 13:26:46 »
right. But when I said "control the elements" I meant more in the realms of having the ability to summon storm-based units, like tornadoes, clouds that attack with lightning bolts,and maybe an attack animation where the druid has a cliff that explodes out of the ground in front of him. All perfectly in the realm of the possible, as long as I manage to make the models well.

anything