Author Topic: Dwarf faction  (Read 96610 times)

jda

Re: Dwarf faction
« Reply #300 on: 28 February 2010, 23:55:04 »
SORRY! WRONG BLEND UPLOADED!!!

Here is the real latest outrider:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nyolzjzw5nm

Hope you haven't started work on that other one yet, Archmage. :(
Anyways, if you have, can you copy your work to the newest blend?
Very sorry for the messup. :(

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #301 on: 1 March 2010, 12:51:37 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 15:47:55
What are you devoting your time to besides the rhynox?
Buildings' models/sizes: Farm done, Warriors Hall WIP, Foundry will follow. Simple rescaling won't cut it 'cause the doors/gateways are correctly scaled and some of those buildings were rectangular, they must be square for the cellmaps to work.
Will do the same for the bombard if I get the time.
XML's: Balancing and all that. Tongue

That shouldn't take more than an hour to do all the buildings. :) Just scale on an axis to get a square building then scale each door/doorway/passageway to whatever axis it's on to the right size.  ;)

BTW, the grid in Blender just happens to fit Glests grid! ;D , that should help you sort out some of those spear issues.

Hope you haven't started work on that other one yet, Archmage. Sad
Very sorry for the messup. Sad

I didn't even start yet. :)
I'll start later this morning.

Actually, I can't even work with that blend, I need something with no armatures, and nothing to force me to use that stupid planner thing, I can't select things, it's so rediculous, and x-ray doesn't seem to work...  Can you just give me an imported G3D?
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

jda

« Reply #302 on: 1 March 2010, 13:00:28 »
@ Archmage:

How's the engineer walking animation coming?
I looked at wciow's walk and the prob isn't what I thought. I think it's simply not so greatly animated... ;D
So, unless someone actually wants to do yet another walking animation, we'll be using yours for all size 1 units. ;)

EDIT BEFORE POST: G*dd*amn! You posted that before I posted the above.
K... here are my replies:

Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 15:47:55
What are you devoting your time to besides the rhynox?
Buildings' models/sizes: Farm done, Warriors Hall WIP, Foundry will follow. Simple rescaling won't cut it 'cause the doors/gateways are correctly scaled and some of those buildings were rectangular, they must be square for the cellmaps to work.
Will do the same for the bombard if I get the time.
XML's: Balancing and all that. Tongue

That shouldn't take more than an hour to do all the buildings. :) Just scale on an axis to get a square building then scale each door/doorway/passageway to whatever axis it's on to the right size.  ;)
It's not that simple, really. But the farm and warrior's hall are done.

BTW, the grid in Blender just happens to fit Glests grid! ;D , that should help you sort out some of those spear issues.
I know, that's what I used to put the flame team inside a 2x2 square in the first place. That's also why I got upset when upi moved the center of the muzzle out of the X center of the two squares. :P
The problem is... the tip of the spear was, in an older version pointing at the start of the square. It should point a bit forward than that but the exact amount is not so clear - have to try in blender and test ingame. :P

Hope you haven't started work on that other one yet, Archmage. Sad
Very sorry for the messup. Sad

I didn't even start yet. :)
I'll start later this morning.

Actually, I can't even work with that blend, I need something with no armatures, and nothing to force me to use that stupid planner thing, I can't select things, it's so rediculous, and x-ray doesn't seem to work...  Can you just give me an imported G3D?
Try reloading the file but UNchecking "Load UI" before clicking on "Open". ;)
« Last Edit: 1 March 2010, 13:02:10 by jda »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #303 on: 1 March 2010, 13:56:01 »

I never started it...where's the .blend, did I miss it... ???

Try reloading the file but UNchecking "Load UI" before clicking on "Open". Wink

If I do that then all I get is Blender! With....nothing in it! :D
I think an imported G3D would be better... ;)
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #304 on: 1 March 2010, 16:38:57 »

It's here: https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=3695.msg40434#msg40434

Have no time now... Sorry...

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #305 on: 1 March 2010, 17:03:37 »

THANKS! I'll get it rigged soon. ;D

Have no time now... Sorry...

Ok....just get it too me when you can, k? ;)
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #306 on: 1 March 2010, 22:18:51 »

Thank you! ;)
Besides rigging, could you please also remember to do the walking animation? (I don't expect it for the first release which will be in one week's time but would be nice if it was ready by then ;) ).
BTW, the two-bones spine might actually not be needed (the kind of standing anim you did for the flame team might work too). So, if you want, you can just copy the rig of one of the dwarves of the flame team to the engineer. ;)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #307 on: 2 March 2010, 01:01:53 »

Thank you! ;)
Besides rigging, could you please also remember to do the walking animation? (I don't expect it for the first release which will be in one week's time but would be nice if it was ready by then ;) ).
BTW, the two-bones spine might actually not be needed (the kind of standing anim you did for the flame team might work too). So, if you want, you can just copy the rig of one of the dwarves of the flame team to the engineer. ;)

Ok, I'll update this or make a new one, if you reply to this............

EDIT: DONE, all rigged, but not animated, I left that for you because I didn't think I'd have time to finish him up, and here you are, Mr.Jda, bon appetite. ;D
JK about the bon appetite, you're not supposed to eat the poor fellow. :D
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #308 on: 2 March 2010, 03:59:29 »
Sweeeeeeeeeet! Even the backpack and wrench have their own bones... :)
And the whole rig looks and feels very smooth.  8)

K about the bon appetite, you're not supposed to eat the poor fellow. Cheesy
Darned dietists, telling me what I can and cannot eat!  >:(

I'd almost forgotton... the outrider blend... Will upload shortly (have to actually do it first ;D)

One more thing, will be out of town from tomorrow til Monday. Pro'ly won't have Net access till then.  ::)
Which also means the release should be after that, let's say  March 10th. ;)

EDIT:
Clean Outrider .blend with no armature and no actions! Textures linked though ;) : http://www.mediafire.com/?lxx3mnqz1ey

BTW, I did try and fix the Outrider (same-side always hypothesis above proved wrong, nothing left to do but giving the spear a better size) because I won't have time to animate it with your new rig (presuming you'd do it fast). But I haven't tested it ingame yet (only the side-test which of course I had to re-edit). So if anyone wants to test and provide feedback on the current attack animation (just check whether it aims at correct distance please, I already know it's bad! :P ): http://www.mediafire.com/?dzdlmj2d0hz
« Last Edit: 2 March 2010, 09:03:34 by jda »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #309 on: 2 March 2010, 13:00:35 »
Sweeeeeeeeeet! Even the backpack and wrench have their own bones... Smiley
And the whole rig looks and feels very smooth.  Cool

Thanks! :)

Darned dietists, telling me what I can and cannot eat!  Angry

Oh by the way, put some garlic and soy sauce on him, then later exactly 34.8264893 seconds after you've eaten him you should have incredulous gas, and stink terribly, which should help with any burglar problems, and it'll drive you nuts if you're at work. Oh yes, you need to spread some lima bean sauce over the dwarfs mustache, then you'll he'll have a little less crunch when you eat his mustache. :D :D :D :P :P :P ;D

One more thing, will be out of town from tomorrow til Monday. Pro'ly won't have Net access till then.  Roll Eyes
Which also means the release should be after that, let's say  March 10th. Wink

YES!!! You didn't hear that. ;D
JK.

EDIT:
Clean Outrider .blend with no armature and no actions! Textures linked though Wink : http://www.mediafire.com/?lxx3mnqz1ey

I turned X-ray on on the Bone, but it didn't work.........an imported G3D please...... ::)

BTW, I did try and fix the Outrider (same-side always hypothesis above proved wrong, nothing left to do but giving the spear a better size) because I won't have time to animate it with your new rig (presuming you'd do it fast). But I haven't tested it ingame yet (only the side-test which of course I had to re-edit). So if anyone wants to test and provide feedback on the current attack animation (just check whether it aims at correct distance please, I already know it's bad! Tongue ): http://www.mediafire.com/?dzdlmj2d0hz

Let's take care of that when we have my new rig. ;)

I think we should make a new release when we're ready and we've fixed the stuff you wanted to fix, <motherly mode>don't rush yourself</motherly mode>, or me for that matter. :P :D
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #310 on: 2 March 2010, 21:40:36 »
I actually missed my earlier buses (been having the flu, got pretty bad today, so I'm  acting pretty slow and clumsy today... :(), so I got a bit of time to post here (darn, will be in the other place at 4 or 5 in the morning! :().

No, thank you! :)

Darned dietists, telling me what I can and cannot eat!  Angry

Oh by the way, put some garlic and soy sauce on him, then later exactly 34.8264893 seconds after you've eaten him you should have incredulous gas, and stink terribly, which should help with any burglar problems, and it'll drive you nuts if you're at work. Oh yes, you need to spread some lima bean sauce over the dwarfs mustache, then you'll he'll have a little less crunch when you eat his mustache. :D :D :D :P :P :P ;D
Actually, all meditaranean people (such as the Portuguese) eat garlic! :P It's very healthy and actually adds a very nice flavour to your cookings! ;) Don't really know what the problem you britts and americans have with garlic! You usually attribute garlic eating to the French, whose cuisine I'm not really that familiar with... What, do the French actually eat like an whole garlic at once?  :o :o :o Sure, that would make you quite gaseous and smelly... In Portugal, we just cut one or two (depending on for how many you're cooking) minced "slices" of garlic, you don't even see it, in some cookings... It does add some nice flavour though. ;)
I don't eat soy beans, but I do drink soy "milk" - you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  ::) )

Anyways... enough OT! :P

One more thing, will be out of town from tomorrow til Monday. Pro'ly won't have Net access till then.  Roll Eyes
Which also means the release should be after that, let's say  March 10th. Wink

YES!!! You didn't hear that. ;D
JK.
Yes, I did!
Now my question is: Why? Don't you like me?! Ooooooooooooooooh! Nobody likes me!  :'( :'( :'(
No, really, is this completely OT too or did you just wrap up something important in OT?... :P

EDIT:
Clean Outrider .blend with no armature and no actions! Textures linked though Wink : http://www.mediafire.com/?lxx3mnqz1ey

I turned X-ray on on the Bone, but it didn't work.........an imported G3D please...... ::)
What do you mean?... It doesn't have any rig! I deboned it, it's all boneless now! I thought that was what you wanted...?  :-\  ???
Geez, kids these days, won't eat ribs 'cause they're boney, won't eat steak 'cause it's boneless!  ::) :P
Well, we'll get to that imported after the first release, ok?

BTW, I did try and fix the Outrider (same-side always hypothesis above proved wrong, nothing left to do but giving the spear a better size) because I won't have time to animate it with your new rig (presuming you'd do it fast). But I haven't tested it ingame yet (only the side-test which of course I had to re-edit). So if anyone wants to test and provide feedback on the current attack animation (just check whether it aims at correct distance please, I already know it's bad! Tongue ): http://www.mediafire.com/?dzdlmj2d0hz

Let's take care of that when we have my new rig. ;)
Final taking care of yes, but in the meantime... see bellow. ;)

I think we should make a new release when we're ready and we've fixed the stuff you wanted to fix, <motherly mode>don't rush yourself</motherly mode>, or me for that matter. :P :D
Well, matter of fact that was my intention initially. But then someone (I think ulfid) asked when would a new release come out. And I gave myself one to two weeks time to actually wrap up what I'd done already in a somewhat better looking package (at least not too much worse than what wciow had already done).
Also, this will allow me to actually release a kind of sneak preview on where where going with this and get some feedback about that direction. I think it's important. ;)

After that's done, we can get back to normal "release when coherent milestone reached" type of schedule. What do you think?

BTW, new animations might not even get to be in the first milestone's (following the first alpha) TODO list! The current ones aren't great but I think they're alright.
And I think it is more important, for actual gameplay, to fix before:
- correct units-sizes/models/reaches/cellmaps (will try to make them all before the alpha but...)
- XML editing / faction balancing (will be spread along several milestones but it is important to be getting them done)
- team color adding to units that have none yet (won't even touch this yet in the first alpha!)

I know you like animating the most... that's why you're getting to do it ahead of time! :P And 'cause you're very good at it too! ;)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #311 on: 2 March 2010, 23:35:51 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on Today at 09:05:23

Thanks! Smiley
No, thank you! Smiley

Actually, all meditaranean people (such as the Portuguese) eat garlic! Tongue It's very healthy and actually adds a very nice flavour to your cookings! Wink Don't really know what the problem you britts and americans have with garlic! You usually attribute garlic eating to the French, whose cuisine I'm not really that familiar with... What, do the French actually eat like an whole garlic at once?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Sure, that would make you quite gaseous and smelly... In Portugal, we just cut one or two (depending on for how many you're cooking) minced "slices" of garlic, you don't even see it, in some cookings... It does add some nice flavour though. Wink

I'm kidding!!! :D

My dad eats garlic all the time, I can hardly breathe, but I want him to be around longer. ;D

I don't eat soy beans, but I do drink soy "milk"

Soy has female hormones in it unless it's fermented. That's not a joke! :(

you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  Roll Eyes )

Breast milk, Real milk straight from the cow, or the stuff you get at the store?

Yes, I did!
Now my question is: Why? Don't you like me?! Ooooooooooooooooh! Nobody likes me!  Cry Cry Cry
No, really, is this completely OT too or did you just wrap up something important in OT?... Tongue

Hehehe, I'm so evil... ;D
I was joking. :D :P :D
BTW:
I actually missed my earlier buses (been having the flu, got pretty bad today, so I'm  acting pretty slow and clumsy today... Sad), so I got a bit of time to post here (darn, will be in the other place at 4 or 5 in the morning! Sad).

Yes, you're here for longer!!! ;D Crap you're sick!!! :(
Feel better now? ;) :D

What do you mean?... It doesn't have any rig! I deboned it, it's all boneless now! I thought that was what you wanted...?  Undecided  Huh
Geez, kids these days, won't eat ribs 'cause they're boney, won't eat steak 'cause it's boneless!  Roll Eyes Tongue

Yah, dude, you got me what I wanted, except I made a bone and turned on X-ray to begin my work, and then the bone did strange things, one of which included me not being able to see the bone when it was inside a mesh... :(

Well, matter of fact that was my intention initially. But then someone (I think ulfid) asked when would a new release come out. And I gave myself one to two weeks time to actually wrap up what I'd done already in a somewhat better looking package (at least not too much worse than what wciow had already done).
Also, this will allow me to actually release a kind of sneak preview on where where going with this and get some feedback about that direction. I think it's important. Wink

Agreed.

After that's done, we can get back to normal "release when coherent milestone reached" type of schedule. What do you think?

Well, I'm pretty sure my opinion won't affect when you'll release, but just to humor you, I agree. ;D

I know you like animating the most... that's why you're getting to do it ahead of time! Tongue And 'cause you're very good at it too! Wink

Yay, you, and yay me, and thanks! :D
BTW, and I going to need to model anything, I like to model some too. :)
Like can I please take a look at the skyship!!!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!?!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?! ;D ;D ;D
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #312 on: 3 March 2010, 02:53:27 »
I'm kidding!!! :D

My dad eats garlic all the time, I can hardly breathe, but I want him to be around longer. ;D
:)

I don't eat soy beans, but I do drink soy "milk"
Soy has female hormones in it unless it's fermented. That's not a joke! :(
Whose female hormones?   ???

you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  Roll Eyes )

Breast milk, Real milk straight from the cow, or the stuff you get at the store?
All kinds of milk humans are bound to produce. It's related to babies naturally having lacticin in their bodies (though I don't know where from) and no more afterwards.

Yes, I did!
Now my question is: Why? Don't you like me?! Ooooooooooooooooh! Nobody likes me!  Cry Cry Cry
No, really, is this completely OT too or did you just wrap up something important in OT?... Tongue

Hehehe, I'm so evil... ;D
I was joking. :D :P :D
You are. :P

I actually missed my earlier buses (been having the flu, got pretty bad today, so I'm  acting pretty slow and clumsy today... Sad), so I got a bit of time to post here (darn, will be in the other place at 4 or 5 in the morning! Sad).

Yes, you're here for longer!!! ;D Crap you're sick!!! :(
Feel better now? ;) :D
Yes, I do, thank you! :)
But they changed the schedules. No more midnight buses on weekdays. :(
I'll have to go in the morning instead. But I will go to bed right away! :P

What do you mean?... It doesn't have any rig! I deboned it, it's all boneless now! I thought that was what you wanted...?  Undecided  Huh
Geez, kids these days, won't eat ribs 'cause they're boney, won't eat steak 'cause it's boneless!  Roll Eyes Tongue

Yah, dude, you got me what I wanted, except I made a bone and turned on X-ray to begin my work, and then the bone did strange things, one of which included me not being able to see the bone when it was inside a mesh... :(
Looked into it and... You have to uncheck the X-Ray button for the rider and the rhynox! But leave it on for the bones. That's the problem: they were all x-ray, meaning they are all drawn last... if you get what I mean... :P
I'm actually learning a bit on Blender with these unorthodox wciow's blends and undoing what he did! lol

Also, this will allow me to actually release a kind of sneak preview on where where going with this and get some feedback about that direction. I think it's important. Wink

Agreed.
:)

Well, I'm pretty sure my opinion won't affect when you'll release, but just to humor you, I agree. ;D
  ::) Erm... ok. Keep it up! ;D

BTW, and I going to need to model anything, I like to model some too. :)
Like can I please take a look at the skyship!!!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!?!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!?! ;D ;D ;D
No, you can't look at the skyship. I had actually thought I might give you the .blend before I unwrap it (still need a tiny little work on the mesh before that). But... on second thought... This is my first model ever (I had never enven touched a vertice on another .blend before starting this model, actually, never before even posting the last .g3d I did (like a month or so before I posted the pic).
So now I'm going back to the original idea, model everything from the first mesh to the last pose of it. Then publish! ;D
After that, if you want to turn it inside out and make a duck or a gum out of it, you're welcome! ;D

Sorry, for this model , I really want to do everything... For the learning and for the glory (or demise)! ;)

We will need a model though!!!
We've been stilling pigs from the Tech... We need to produce our own Goats! Could you model one?
« Last Edit: 3 March 2010, 02:59:18 by jda »

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 3 March 2010, 03:10:46 »
You should fix all the flames in dwarves to be particles,

See like this:

For this (the far left building):

Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #314 on: 3 March 2010, 04:23:35 »
Thanks for the suggestion Elim. :)

Jda, if you don't mind I'd like to take care of those particles.
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #315 on: 4 March 2010, 10:55:02 »
1. Particle effects on units/buildings are for MegaGlest only, won't work on vanilla Glest nor GAE.
2. The Dwarf faction will be released, initially, for all three flavours. That means: for vanilla Glest.
3. I do plan to release a GAE version later on. I think GAE has more useful features for the Dwarves than MegaGlest. ;)
4. I will NOT be releasing three different releases of the Dwarf faction (Glest, GAE and MegaGlest)!
5. I did catch that post by Titi, saying you can add megaglest specific stuff to a XML and that shouldn't affect Glest.
6. The problem is: I want to keep that flame animation on the current Warrior's Hall (which BTW looks very cool) and I won't make Glest users miss that just so MegaGlest ones can have their particle effects... :P

So, Archmage, these are your options:

A. Can you add the MegaGlest particle effects to the current model, withOUT chamging it. I.e. can you add the particle effects for MegaGlest without removing wciow's cool flame effect for regular Glest?
If so, be my guest! We'll include that in the standard Glest (and later GAE) version. ;)

B. If you can't, or indeed if you can too, you may want to do the "port" of the Dwarf faction to Megaglest.
The main release will be vanilla Glest (e.g. say Dwarf New-codename 1.2 will be followed shortly after (or indeed at the same time, we can work that out)  by Dwarf New-codename 1.2 MegaGlest).
All I'll do is post the link to download your megaglest version (or to your own thread for it if you prefer).
I.e. you'll be managing it, publishing the releases (only thing is they must follow the regular Glest ones and not include or remove stuff you might do in the standerd version).

BTW, I'll be posting the first alpha in a new topic, so I can change the first post and update download links, infos and that stuff. ;)

Arch, if you want to add the effects to the warrior's hall, the latest release is bellow (now it's a size 3 building). I'll still do some minor edits later on. But the positions of the flames are final, so you can relly on that. ;)
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mn0nadzwi4t

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #316 on: 4 March 2010, 14:06:29 »
Dude, don't worry, and don't baby me around, I think I know what I'm doing. ::) :)

Ok, you make a release with now new particles or anything like that, you just make you release with fixed models and better animations, or whatever, then I'll make the next release with new particles and whatever else we do, k?
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #317 on: 4 March 2010, 23:56:38 »
Dude, don't worry, and don't baby me around, I think I know what I'm doing. ::) :)
I didn't mean to baby you around. And actually, I still don't realise how I did it!  :-\
Could you please explain?

Ok, you make a release with now new particles or anything like that, you just make you release with fixed models and better animations, or whatever, then I'll make the next release with new particles and whatever else we do, k?
Nope, not k. :P
I'll be releasing several base (as in for glest 3.2.2) releases of the Dwarfs. And I am not interested in supporting megaglest-only features.
ElimiNator actually said we should "fix" the flame effects on the Warrior's Hall. Well, the flame effects are NOT broken! They can be improved a little, but NOT through the use of particle effects because they are not supoorted in vanilla Glest (and to be honest, they're not perfect either, at least the ones I've seen on Indians).
If you want to be releasing a megaglest version after each base release, that's fine with me. Or, if you can add the particles without changing the base version (i.e. without replacing), then we can include that in the base release too.And that's all I meant.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #318 on: 5 March 2010, 00:32:19 »
Dude, the particles just won't show up in Glest, they will in MegaGlest but Glest will just be normal. :)
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #319 on: 5 March 2010, 08:56:02 »
Well, that's all I wanted to hear. :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #320 on: 5 March 2010, 13:13:19 »
Can I do the particles then?
If you say yes, then I'll also re-animate the flames in the model for Original Glest. ;D
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #321 on: 5 March 2010, 15:29:29 »
I think it was understood the original model was NOT to be changed on the acount of the particles for megaglest...

However, I was thinking of vhanging the regular glest flames' animation.
I was thinking using one individual bone for each flame (instead of the now single bone for all four), adding one more frame/pose and adding one more different scale-height, would give me enough to make the flames come much more alive. ;)
What were you thinking of specifically?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #322 on: 5 March 2010, 15:46:46 »
I was thinking of putting in particles for MegaGlest, and then modifying the model so that the flames are better for Original Glest, I don't really think you're understanding me though....
The particles are all done in the XML, the modeling part is just so the flames in the model look better for Original Glest.
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #323 on: 6 March 2010, 02:19:00 »
then modifying the model so that the flames are better for Original Glest (...)
the modeling part is just so the flames in the model look better for Original Glest.
And I repeat: How do you intend to do that?
Will you be changing it's size or in any other way its visibility (so as to not "get in the way" of your megaglest particles...)? :P

Would you prefer to go ahead and do the said remodel WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE WHATSOEVER those changes will make it to the faction's release?

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #324 on: 6 March 2010, 02:47:25 »
Please don't confuse me here, remember you have a perfect memory I have this tacky thing with a rickety sign that says memory. :D

I'd like to add the particles and as for re-animation of the models flame.......I'll just do it and we'll smash down any problems that face us. :D
Egypt Remastered!

anything