Author Topic: Dwarf faction  (Read 96605 times)

jda

Re: Dwarf faction
« Reply #325 on: 6 March 2010, 10:48:12 »
Please don't confuse me here, remember you have a perfect memory I have this tacky thing with a rickety sign that says memory. :D
Sorry, I guess I forgot!... ;D Sorry...

I'd like to add the particles and as for re-animation of the models flame.......I'll just do it and we'll smash down any problems that face us. :D
Yeah, go ahead! :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #326 on: 6 March 2010, 15:57:44 »
I'd like to add the particles and as for re-animation of the models flame.......I'll just do it and we'll smash down any problems that face us. Cheesy
Yeah, go ahead! Smiley

Well, I'd need the latest version of Dwarves to incorporate my particles into it, and then add my new model, I should be able to get the particles and the animation done today. :)
Don't worry about me screwing anything up, if you don't trust me with your XMLs then just look at how I released Fantasy Romans, each version worked and whenever there was trouble I fixed it.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #327 on: 6 March 2010, 20:55:16 »
Sorry, you wrote a large respond to me and I never replied. :-\

Whose female hormones?   Huh

Generic female hormones, seriously, I would just throw that Soy milk away. :P

you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  Roll Eyes )

Breast milk, Real milk straight from the cow, or the stuff you get at the store?
All kinds of milk humans are bound to produce. It's related to babies naturally having lacticin in their bodies (though I don't know where from) and no more afterwards.

Interesting...

Yes, I did!
Now my question is: Why? Don't you like me?! Ooooooooooooooooh! Nobody likes me!  Cry Cry Cry
No, really, is this completely OT too or did you just wrap up something important in OT?... Tongue

Hehehe, I'm so evil... Grin
I was joking. Cheesy Tongue Cheesy
You are. Tongue

Oh thanks! ::) :P

I actually missed my earlier buses (been having the flu, got pretty bad today, so I'm  acting pretty slow and clumsy today... Sad), so I got a bit of time to post here (darn, will be in the other place at 4 or 5 in the morning! Sad).

Yes, you're here for longer!!! Grin Crap you're sick!!! Sad
Feel better now? Wink Cheesy
Yes, I do, thank you! Smiley
But they changed the schedules. No more midnight buses on weekdays. Sad
I'll have to go in the morning instead. But I will go to bed right away! Tongue

Cool, and not cool.....I think.........

What do you mean?... It doesn't have any rig! I deboned it, it's all boneless now! I thought that was what you wanted...?  Undecided  Huh
Geez, kids these days, won't eat ribs 'cause they're boney, won't eat steak 'cause it's boneless!  Roll Eyes Tongue
Well, we'll get to that imported after the first release, ok?

Yah, dude, you got me what I wanted, except I made a bone and turned on X-ray to begin my work, and then the bone did strange things, one of which included me not being able to see the bone when it was inside a mesh... Sad
Looked into it and... You have to uncheck the X-Ray button for the rider and the rhynox! But leave it on for the bones. That's the problem: they were all x-ray, meaning they are all drawn last... if you get what I mean... Tongue
I'm actually learning a bit on Blender with these unorthodox wciow's blends and undoing what he did! lol

Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you very much! :D

BTW, and I going to need to model anything, I like to model some too. Smiley
Like can I please take a look at the skyship!!!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!?!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuhHuh??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!?Huh??!?!?!?!?! Grin Grin Grin
No, you can't look at the skyship. I had actually thought I might give you the .blend before I unwrap it (still need a tiny little work on the mesh before that). But... on second thought... This is my first model ever (I had never enven touched a vertice on another .blend before starting this model, actually, never before even posting the last .g3d I did (like a month or so before I posted the pic).
So now I'm going back to the original idea, model everything from the first mesh to the last pose of it. Then publish! Grin
After that, if you want to turn it inside out and make a duck or a gum out of it, you're welcome! Grin

Gah!!!
Why, why, why, why!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :'( :'( :'( :D

We will need a model though!!!
We've been stilling pigs from the Tech... We need to produce our own Goats! Could you model one?

Yah I could, but don't you want to do it? ::)
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #328 on: 7 March 2010, 04:35:02 »
Well, I'd need the latest version of Dwarves to incorporate my particles into it, and then add my new model, I should be able to get the particles and the animation done today. :)
Don't worry about me screwing anything up, if you don't trust me with your XMLs then just look at how I released Fantasy Romans, each version worked and whenever there was trouble I fixed it.
You'll have to wait for the first release then. :P Just a few days ahead. ;)
On the other hand, I think I didn't actually edit anything in the Warrior's Hall XML (the size was already 3 (lol) and the cellmap was correct - there will be other changes to the XML but on a later milestone ;)). So you can probably just add it to the Gimli XML. Or you can just publish what you have right here and I'll try and include that in the upcoming release.

Whose female hormones?   Huh
Generic female hormones, seriously, I would just throw that Soy milk away. :P
I still don't understand! :P
Are you saying that every soy product out there is contaminated with some kind of female hormone? What kind of female hormone? Human, some other animal, ... vegetal?... :P
I guess, hypothetically, the only kind of soy that would be good for human consumption had to be female (assuming that's the kind of plan soy is, I don't know. But in that case, what's the problem? :P
I guess it could be part of its ecological insertion that it needs some interaction with animals (e.g. for polinisation) and that that implies getting contaminated by some animal hormone. Which again, poses the question: what's the problem? If that is the case... then so what? Do you realise how "unclean" most anything you eat is? In the sense it interacts with stuff from all over?...
If... on the other side, you are saying they are purposedly contaminated by human female hormones... first I'd ask "WHY would they do that?!" and then I'd tell you you cannot presume that is so for every brand out there! I mean... it is under human control!!! Certainly "Biological"-certifed soy and derivative will NOT include it. :P

you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  Roll Eyes )

Breast milk, Real milk straight from the cow, or the stuff you get at the store?
All kinds of milk humans are bound to produce. It's related to babies naturally having lacticin in their bodies (though I don't know where from) and no more afterwards.

Interesting...
Actually, I typed it wrong. "All kinds of milk humans are bound to produce." should read ""All kinds of milk humans are bound to CONSUME."

Well, I'll just be skiping the rest of the OT, ok? :P

What do you mean?... It doesn't have any rig! I deboned it, it's all boneless now! I thought that was what you wanted...?  Undecided  Huh
Geez, kids these days, won't eat ribs 'cause they're boney, won't eat steak 'cause it's boneless!  Roll Eyes Tongue
Well, we'll get to that imported after the first release, ok?

Yah, dude, you got me what I wanted, except I made a bone and turned on X-ray to begin my work, and then the bone did strange things, one of which included me not being able to see the bone when it was inside a mesh... Sad
Looked into it and... You have to uncheck the X-Ray button for the rider and the rhynox! But leave it on for the bones. That's the problem: they were all x-ray, meaning they are all drawn last... if you get what I mean... Tongue
I'm actually learning a bit on Blender with these unorthodox wciow's blends and undoing what he did! lol

Thank you!! Thank you! Thank you very much! :D
You're welcome. :)

Like can I please take a look at the skyship!!!??!?!???!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!?!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuhHuh??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!?HuhHuhHuh?!!!!!!!!!!!!?Huh??!?!?!?!?! Grin Grin Grin
No, you can't look at the skyship. I had actually thought I might give you the .blend before I unwrap it (still need a tiny little work on the mesh before that). But... on second thought... This is my first model ever (I had never enven touched a vertice on another .blend before starting this model, actually, never before even posting the last .g3d I did (like a month or so before I posted the pic).
So now I'm going back to the original idea, model everything from the first mesh to the last pose of it. Then publish! Grin
After that, if you want to turn it inside out and make a duck or a gum out of it, you're welcome! Grin

Gah!!!
Why, why, why, why!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :'( :'( :'( :D
Because. Period. :P ;D

We've been stilling pigs from the Tech... We need to produce our own Goats! Could you model one?

Yah I could, but don't you want to do it? ::)
I'll gladly do it later. But you'd asked for something to model so... :P
There most likely won't be any other new models besides the skyship and the goat... Well, actually, there will be a building but I think I'll actually change one that's on wciow's blends and that just looks almost perfect for my purposes (with a few edits). ;)
So...
The skyship I'll be modeling myself.
The building is half modelled (provided wciow grants us permission to use it) and I'll be modelling the rest.
The only one left that hasn't even been started yet: the goat. :P

And really, no, no more new models. There are already more units in this faction than in Magic or Tech...
I will be adding skills and other similar stuff though. So new animations (besides others that need fixing) will probably be needed. But I haven't gotten that into paper yet.
« Last Edit: 7 March 2010, 04:41:03 by jda »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #329 on: 7 March 2010, 04:52:00 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on March 06, 2010, 12:02:32
Well, I'd need the latest version of Dwarves to incorporate my particles into it, and then add my new model, I should be able to get the particles and the animation done today. Smiley
You'll have to wait for the first release then. Tongue Just a few days ahead. Wink
On the other hand, I think I didn't actually edit anything in the Warrior's Hall XML (the size was already 3 (lol) and the cellmap was correct - there will be other changes to the XML but on a later milestone Wink). So you can probably just add it to the Gimli XML. Or you can just publish what you have right here and I'll try and include that in the upcoming release.

I'll wait for the first release, and then make a new minor release with the new particles and new animation, ok?

Quote from: -Archmage- on March 06, 2010, 17:00:04
Whose female hormones?   Huh
Generic female hormones, seriously, I would just throw that Soy milk away. Tongue
I still don't understand! Tongue
Are you saying that every soy product out there is contaminated with some kind of female hormone? What kind of female hormone? Human, some other animal, ... vegetal?... Tongue
I guess, hypothetically, the only kind of soy that would be good for human consumption had to be female (assuming that's the kind of plan soy is, I don't know. But in that case, what's the problem? Tongue
I guess it could be part of its ecological insertion that it needs some interaction with animals (e.g. for polinisation) and that that implies getting contaminated by some animal hormone. Which again, poses the question: what's the problem? If that is the case... then so what? Do you realise how "unclean" most anything you eat is? In the sense it interacts with stuff from all over?...
If... on the other side, you are saying they are purposedly contaminated by human female hormones... first I'd ask "WHY would they do that?!" and then I'd tell you you cannot presume that is so for every brand out there! I mean... it is under human control!!! Certainly "Biological"-certifed soy and derivative will NOT include it. Tongue

As far as I know, female hormones are naturally in soy...
And besides, if you haven't noticed, a lot of people out there are careless when it comes to others, and soy is cheap to use, instead of whatever if replaces(I can't remember...).
Get it now?
Sure the Chinese eat lots of soy, but they ferment it first which does something to the female hormone so it's no longer a female hormone...

I'm not an expert ok, it's just that I happen to give a damn about other people(not that you don't). ;)

you do know it's not healthy to drink milk after 2 years old, don't you?... (geez, now my Swiss side is bashing on me!  Roll Eyes )

Interesting...
Actually, I typed it wrong. "All kinds of milk humans are bound to produce." should read ""All kinds of milk humans are bound to CONSUME."

Well, I'll just be skiping the rest of the OT, ok? Tongue

Ok. Interesting, I'm glad that I actually don't 'like' milk, I find the taste quite repulsive. :P

Gah!!!
Why, why, why, why!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Cry Cry Cry Cheesy
Because. Period. Tongue Grin

GAAAAAHHH!!! >:(
Ok, ok, ok.......... :( :D :P :D

Yah I could, but don't you want to do it? Roll Eyes
I'll gladly do it later. But you'd asked for something to model so... Tongue
There most likely won't be any other new models besides the skyship and the goat... Well, actually, there will be a building but I think I'll actually change one that's on wciow's blends and that just looks almost perfect for my purposes (with a few edits). Wink
So...
The skyship I'll be modeling myself.
The building is half modelled (provided wciow grants us permission to use it) and I'll be modelling the rest.
The only one left that hasn't even been started yet: the goat. Tongue

And really, no, no more new models. There are already more units in this faction than in Magic or Tech...
I will be adding skills and other similar stuff though. So new animations (besides others that need fixing) will probably be needed. But I haven't gotten that into paper yet.

Ok, I'll model a Goat real quick.
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #330 on: 7 March 2010, 05:41:10 »
Ok, I made a real high-polygon goat, but that actually fits the dwarves standard: "Make it perfect and then double the polygons!". :D

DOWNLOAD

Ckeck it out! ;)

Next thing we need to do with it is unwrap it. :P
Are you going to do that or am I? Then obviously someone will need to do the texture(not me! :P), I'll rig it and then animate it!
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #331 on: 8 March 2010, 00:32:07 »
I'll wait for the first release, and then make a new minor release with the new particles and new animation, ok?
What do you mean by "minor release"? A "Dwarves minor release"? If so, no, that's not ok. The only base releases (vanilla Glest and also later GAE) will be coming out from myself.
You may however release the new model (with the new animations) and the new XML (with the particles for megaglest) on the concerning thread (or sending them to me privately if you prefer) and I'll include them in the following release.
Please don't go messing up the release cycle with every other new eye-candy stuff, ok?  :-\

Quote from: -Archmage- on March 06, 2010, 17:00:04]As far as I know, female hormones are naturally in soy...
And besides, if you haven't noticed, a lot of people out there are careless when it comes to others, and soy is cheap to use, instead of whatever if replaces(I can't remember...).
Get it now?
Sure the Chinese eat lots of soy, but they ferment it first which does something to the female hormone so it's no longer a female hormone...

I'm not an expert ok, it's just that I happen to give a damn about other people(not that you don't). ;)
Actually, at least here in Portugal soy milk is about twice as expensive as cow milk... Still that's not the point.
I know you're concerned about other people's health. But this whole business sounds like urban myth / scare-propaganda to me...  :-\ I'll try and dig into it though.
Thanks for the heads-up! ;)

Ok. Interesting, I'm glad that I actually don't 'like' milk, I find the taste quite repulsive. :P
Good for you. Still, regular animal milk is not actually and usually dangerous or serious (except for those who suffer from lactose-intollerance, i.e. who are kind of allergic to animal milk). It's just that it's quite hard to digest and may cause usually mild digestive problems. Still, on the long run it does have an effect and can be somewhat compared to bad nutrition habits.
Then again, if you don't chew your healthy food properly... that may actually cause you more severe problems than dairy consumption. :P

Ok, I'll model a Goat real quick.
:)

jda

« Reply #332 on: 8 March 2010, 00:53:38 »
Ok, I made a real high-polygon goat, but that actually fits the dwarves standard: "Make it perfect and then double the polygons!". :D

DOWNLOAD

Ckeck it out! ;)

Next thing we need to do with it is unwrap it. :P
Are you going to do that or am I? Then obviously someone will need to do the texture(not me! :P), I'll rig it and then animate it!
Yes, it does look PERFECT! Congrats! ;) Well, actually, a goat's horns bend backwards, not forward but that's easily fixed. ;)
And 520 pollies is perfectly fine! :)

And yeah, I'll unwrap and texture, give it back to you then for the anims. ;)

Thanks!  8)
« Last Edit: 8 March 2010, 00:55:20 by jda »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #333 on: 8 March 2010, 14:13:01 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on March 07, 2010, 00:56:48
What do you mean by "minor release"? A "Dwarves minor release"? If so, no, that's not ok. The only base releases (vanilla Glest and also later GAE) will be coming out from myself.
You may however release the new model (with the new animations) and the new XML (with the particles for megaglest) on the concerning thread (or sending them to me privately if you prefer) and I'll include them in the following release.
Please don't go messing up the release cycle with every other new eye-candy stuff, ok?  Undecided

Jeeze, whatever, I'll just send the stuff to you. :P

Quote from: -Archmage- on March 06, 2010, 17:00:04]As far as I know, female hormones are naturally in soy...
Get it now?

I'm not an expert ok, it's just that I happen to give a damn about other people(not that you don't). Wink
Actually, at least here in Portugal soy milk is about twice as expensive as cow milk... Still that's not the point.
I know you're concerned about other people's health. But this whole business sounds like urban myth / scare-propaganda to me...  Undecided I'll try and dig into it though.
Thanks for the heads-up! Wink

I would just stop drinking soy milk, I mean you can see the results, it feminizes boys, maybe one of the causes for Homosexuality...

Quote from: -Archmage- on March 07, 2010, 01:45:58
Ok, I made a real high-polygon goat, but that actually fits the dwarves standard: "Make it perfect and then double the polygons!". Cheesy

DOWNLOAD

Ckeck it out! Wink

Next thing we need to do with it is unwrap it. Tongue
Are you going to do that or am I? Then obviously someone will need to do the texture(not me! Tongue), I'll rig it and then animate it!
Yes, it does look PERFECT! Congrats! Wink Well, actually, a goat's horns bend backwards, not forward but that's easily fixed. Wink
And 520 pollies is perfectly fine! Smiley

And yeah, I'll unwrap and texture, give it back to you then for the anims. Wink

Thanks!  Cool

8)
Egypt Remastered!

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #334 on: 8 March 2010, 17:08:24 »
Warriors Hall Re-Animated!

How do you like it, at high speed it will look cool! ;D
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #335 on: 9 March 2010, 03:42:42 »

How do you like it, at high speed it will look cool! ;D
It's good. :)
At high speed (Blender) it looks really funny. LOL
 In g3d_viewer, it looks overdone. In Glest it actually looks pretty good! ;)

P.s. OT: On soy milk, I really did think it was just an urban myth.
But Archmage gave me a link to an article on the subject and this one mentioned the existence of "estrogen" in soy. Now "estrogen", as opposed to "female hormone that will make you gay", actually sounds scientific.
So I went to snopes.com, a site dedicated to demystifying urban myths, namely those that circle around the Internet in one way or another. I consider that site to be trustworthy. And I found an article there, stating that soy does contain "phytoestrogens: plant derived weak estrogens, chemically similar to the female hormone estrogen." (estrogen is used by transsexuals (man to female...))
Here's the link: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/soya.asp

P.p.s.: If you want to include the megaglest particles in the upcoming release, please post the XML or just the concerning part of it. ;)
« Last Edit: 9 March 2010, 03:52:59 by jda »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #336 on: 9 March 2010, 13:46:13 »
Quote from: -Archmage- on March 08, 2010, 13:13:12

How do you like it, at high speed it will look cool! Grin
It's good. Smiley
At high speed (Blender) it looks really funny. LOL
 In g3d_viewer, it looks overdone. In Glest it actually looks pretty good! Wink

THANKS! ;D

I'll do it after the release, and then the particles will be included in the next release.

P.s. OT: On soy milk, I really did think it was just an urban myth.
But Archmage gave me a link to an article on the subject and this one mentioned the existence of "estrogen" in soy. Now "estrogen", as opposed to "female hormone that will make you gay", actually sounds scientific.
So I went to snopes.com, a site dedicated to demystifying urban myths, namely those that circle around the Internet in one way or another. I consider that site to be trustworthy. And I found an article there, stating that soy does contain "phytoestrogens: plant derived weak estrogens, chemically similar to the female hormone estrogen." (estrogen is used by transsexuals (man to female...))
Here's the link: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/soya.asp

If that article doesn't convince people, then I have more. :P
Egypt Remastered!

jda

« Reply #337 on: 10 March 2010, 23:49:12 »
Sorry guys, the flu got me bad. I've been doing nothing but sleep and cough for the last couple days.
Maybe the new release in a couple days, if I improve. ;)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #338 on: 11 March 2010, 00:01:40 »
The Flu.........you have got to be kidding me! :o
I haven't had the Flu in forever.....

Seriously how can you be that sick from the Flu??!?!?!?!?!!? :o

Sorry for OT. :-[
« Last Edit: 11 March 2010, 00:13:06 by -Archmage- »
Egypt Remastered!

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 11 March 2010, 03:07:34 »
Man... you can get the Flu pretty bad...  :'(  :o  :'(  :o  :'(

PLEASE DON'T CONTINUE OT!
« Last Edit: 11 March 2010, 18:24:46 by -Archmage- »
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

anything