Author Topic: New Guy needs help  (Read 1941 times)

MTpitre

New Guy needs help
« on: 6 August 2008, 15:18:32 »
Hey guys.  :) I'm new to the forums. I've been trying to make models for the the cool Glest engine but I am a need of advice on exporting animations from another program to blender. I use a freeware program called Misfit Modeler 3D to model, texture and animate my models but I am not too sure on what format does blender accepts that will import my animations . Sorry for the silly question. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by MTpitre »

weedkiller

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 6 August 2008, 17:58:13 »
Hi,
if ms3d supports animation you could try it.
Blender 2.46 has it under its file->import section.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by weedkiller »

MTpitre

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 6 August 2008, 21:02:12 »
Hey thank you for your reply. I will try it out now. Working on another character atm. :P

myles

• Technician
    • View Profile
    • Myles Lambert's Portfolio
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 7 August 2008, 10:09:26 »
Maybe try FBX? Thats if it supports FBX.
If you can not get the animations accross to Blender im sure some people here that are good with Blender will re-create the animations in Blender for you,

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by myles »

MTpitre

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 7 August 2008, 11:40:45 »
Thanks alot guys! I appreciate it. I decided anyway to look up some blender IK tutorials and I found it better that way. I got one more question. For my total conversion mod, my characters carry mostly range weapons and some carry melee. Should I animate the weapons altogeher with the character, or make the weapons and have the glest scripts place the weapon on the right place on the model? Thanks again

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 7 August 2008, 11:55:40 »
You can do either. I am currently animating in blender by using an armature for the character meshes and a separate (single bone) armature for the weapons. This way you can easily swap weapons without having to tediously animate every frame of every weapon.

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "glest scripts" but the Glest engine doesn't have any kind of advanced animation system. Every mesh in the game is simply a sequence of vertex points which are rendered by the engine. Their are no 'skeletons' or true interactions between models.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by wciow »
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

MTpitre

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 7 August 2008, 20:55:48 »
Hello. Nvm then. I just realizaed in a few days RL obligations are going to overweigh my free time so I won't be able to scritpt anyways. Thanks for replies. Maybe in the future I can mod this game.