Author Topic: Store  (Read 3407 times)

mictes

Store
« on: 13 August 2008, 09:56:19 »
Servus again!
For you, gamers and modders: ;-)[/b][/color]
If you found any bugs or have issues: -> post here !

Last update: 17th August 2008 - mictes
« Last Edit: 17 August 2008, 09:51:50 by mictes »

weedkiller

• Draco Rider
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2008, 10:21:48 »
hey nice idea  :D now you need one in mage-style too
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by weedkiller »

mictes

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2008, 11:14:11 »
DONE  ;)
« Last Edit: 14 August 2008, 08:15:06 by mictes »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2008, 18:58:34 »
Nice work  :)
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by wciow »
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2008, 17:32:32 »
Looks good! I was wondering how to exchange resources for others. Since some resources are mined in sets of 20 rather than 25, it may need to be editted so that it isn't a easier way of getting a certain resource. Anyway good job! :?
« Last Edit: 15 August 2008, 17:36:41 by omega »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

mictes

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2008, 17:36:03 »
Yes !
I've to calculate it for Glest
If anyone other want, here your chance ;)
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by mictes »

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2008, 22:26:10 »
Great idea. I think I'm going to try making some generic, but different people in the stores. (You could make them markets, cause that firs it a bit more.) And you could make there be some deals that let you get certain units faster, like a "Purchase Armor" upgrade, or something. I suppose I could work on that. And I could make a purchasing animation, too, and add little booths filled with stuff. And it should have food buying, too.

~Zaggy
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ZaggyDad »

mictes

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2008, 07:05:37 »
Yes, 100 Gold for 1 Food, for example.
Your ideas sounds great ;)

HERE: The images for:
Food_______Energy

Edit them as .bmp !!!

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2008, 19:31:05 »
I tried making it be able to trade food, but the only problem is that the building works like a cow does then. :O And mictes, though I like your energy icon, the food one is a bit too modern. Also, 1 is a bit low of a trade.

~Zaggy

mictes

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2008, 19:39:26 »
EDITED them a little bit, but I don't exactly knwo what you do mean with "modern" ^^

Why does it work like an cow ?!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2008, 21:26:15 »
I think Zaggy means that if a cow dies, the food it provides disappears. So if you morphed again, you would lose that food. (I think) This could be gotten around by having the store spawn a cow.

BTW, I tried to make an energy_source that morphed into energy_source_ and morphed back to make a cycle for having one energy source make more energy. The problem is that I while I have energy set at -15, it STILL takes it away when it morphs. It builds fine, but the morph doesn't give you 15 energy, but takes it away. Is this just my system (which is having some faults by memorizing everything) or what? Has anyone had any success with the energy source?

Oh, and the computer does horrible with stores, randomly choosing a few options every now and then...
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by omega »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

ZaggyDad

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 17 August 2008, 03:40:51 »
Quote from: "omega"
I think Zaggy means that if a cow dies, the food it provides disappears. So if you morphed again, you would lose that food. (I think) This could be gotten around by having the store spawn a cow.

Also, when you're selling the food, it makes the building use food like a normal human, so it dies after a long amount of time (depending on how much you sell). And when you buy it, it keeps coming till you morph the store into one of the original trades.

BTW, I tried to make an energy_source that morphed into energy_source_ and morphed back to make a cycle for having one energy source make more energy. The problem is that I while I have energy set at -15, it STILL takes it away when it morphs. It builds fine, but the morph doesn't give you 15 energy, but takes it away. Is this just my system (which is having some faults by memorizing everything) or what? Has anyone had any success with the energy source?

I don't really know what that could mean, but it sounds pretty weird.

Oh, and the computer does horrible with stores, randomly choosing a few options every now and then...

Well, the AI can't be expected to do well with a thing that it knows nothing about. It doesn't know that the store is a store. It's not programmed to.

And mictes, in the Middle ages, people didn't eat lollipops (which is what I mean by too modern).

~Zaggy

mictes

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2008, 08:58:14 »
omega wrote:

Also, when you're selling the food, it makes the building use food like a normal human, so it dies after a long amount of time (depending on how much you sell). And when you buy it, it keeps coming till you morph the store into one of the original trades.

-> I agree. YOu have to produce an unit. I'll upload later (the unit hast no texture/model (none.g3d) and can't be selected and haven't to be attackable.

-> You have to create a second energy-ressource that "produce" more energy OR you have to set the  <discount value="0"/> (to "0" ) :)
(Last updated: 17th August 2008)

modman

Re: Store
« Reply #13 on: 28 September 2008, 15:30:39 »
You know how much easier this would be if the units could have resource requirements for commands, right?

mictes

« Reply #14 on: 28 September 2008, 15:47:35 »
Oh my godness...
This here is an older version of the Thread. But sorry, I don't understand what you mean. There is definitely no ability to give command requierements !!

modman

« Reply #15 on: 28 September 2008, 15:56:43 »
That's why I have a topic in Advanced Engine to ask someone to do it.

mictes

« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2008, 15:59:38 »
Yes, but the actually one does work good, too.
I'll update the Thread soon.

anything