Author Topic: Blender support?  (Read 23464 times)

enveloop

(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 30 March 2005, 14:44:59 »
Duelfield was going fine, but it would take martin-o some months of continuous work to get a playable version, and he´s kinda busy with this of settling down in the UK. I guess we´ll retake it at some point because is a feasible and very interesting project, but for now it´s on hold and so are the concepts, music and code that we had already done.

¿screenshots of Battlemachines for Glest? ¿or you mean "battle machines", like the airplane? those are going into the expansion, of course, but not the concepts of different Battlemachines that tucho drew for Duelfield.
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by enveloop »

Speedator

(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2005, 15:12:01 »
Those:
Code: [Select]
http://speedator.sp.funpic.de/images/s01mark.jpg
http://speedator.sp.funpic.de/images/s03mark.jpg
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Speedator »

Speedator

(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2005, 18:22:54 »
Sorry, "mis"looked.  Only the two standard weapons on the screens.  :-[
I am going to an eye spezialist!
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by Speedator »

ThomasEgi

Back to topic?
« Reply #28 on: 25 May 2005, 19:10:14 »
well i just found th link to the linux port of this game although i noticed glest a few weeks ago.
if someone is able and willing to write a blender export script i wouldnt hesitate to modell neew units/buildings or whatever =).
(and i could tell you 5 more people wich i could win for this game within less than 5 minutes)
i like blender (especially 4 game design). its concepet well and the workflow is very high once you're used to (took about a week 4 me).Blenders UV-tools are the best (i've never see sutch a thing in max gmax, cinema maya or elsewhere).

dont forget. the number of linux users is growing fast (and jet there arent many 3d strategic games natively availabale) and a lot of them are willing to work on open source games (even if its just contributin ideas or drawings).

by the way. Glest definetly do have a great potential. like others said. the fakt it reached a playable state is amazing, furthermore its customizable even for non programmers. and THAT is really a gread ting. (this have pretty to nuch the potential of a lot of fanart beeing made).

i would bet my last peny that if you add a multiplayer mode, the game's becomming much MUCH more popular and you'll also find lots of poeple who are willing to continue this game.

sry 4 the long post. what i'm really trying to say:" this game already come much too far for beeing stopped, and hell its worth adding new stuff."

if someone volunteers for making a blender script for the nessesary modell/uv/animation exports , I volunteer for making new modells including animation (maybee skins but im not that good in this).

id love to see this game played worldwide by thousand of people..

well. bye then
Thomas E.

ps: icq-me is someone is working on a script=)
« Last Edit: 1 January 1970, 00:00:00 by ThomasEgi »

martiño

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #29 on: 2 June 2005, 18:40:22 »
Is not one of our priorities, to make an exporter requires a decent knowledge of the 3D-aplication and I've never used blender, and I dont have the time to learn how to make exporters for it. However the source code for Glest is available and anyone is free to try ;)
« Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 06:26:02 by filux »