Author Topic: French mod  (Read 1518 times)

frogeater

French mod
« on: 5 November 2008, 11:30:59 »
Bonjour, hello!

(this subject can also go in the translation part, but...)

I started making a full french translation (including units' name, etc). I finished the magic faction translation and it is 100% operational and translated (except fields'name which I don't know how to translate and some other words I can't translate (for example "flare"). I hope the others french people will help me... I hope tranlate the tech faction today, but i'm not sure.

I think that's it ... (excuse-me for my bad english :lol:
-Les sons restent évidemment identiques, vous n'entendrez pas d'ouvrier dire "oui" ou "j'y vais"

Si vous remarquez une incohérence ou si vous voulez proposer une meilleur traduction, n'hesitez pas à poster dans ce sujet

I hope my mod will be published and apprecied!

@kukac@

Re: French mod
« Reply #1 on: 5 November 2008, 14:41:58 »
Few things that caught my eye:

Firstly, you didn't posted any link about your mod. You shouldn't put it on paying sites ;).

Secondly, it will be a quite large file, since you need to post the whole techtree (as these contains the translations). It's at least 78MB altogether, I'm not sure how much can you zip it.

frogeater

Re: French mod
« Reply #2 on: 5 November 2008, 15:40:05 »
Sorry, actually i forgot to give alink for my mod; i'm trying to upload it to mod DB.

The files take 50 MB (zipped)

I'll edit that message as soon as the mod is upload

EDIT:

OK, I'm waiting for the authorisation ("couple of days"). Since I recieve the authorisation message, i'll give the link to my mod.

Just a question :(i'm still waiting for the authorisation)

I've some troubles to insert special signs (é or ' ) I tried with the hex code ( for é " &#xE9) but with every way, there is an unhandled error (even with UTF-8 encoding) . Do you know a way to change the allowed character in the game so that i put the french special character, please? Thank you. An other question: where can I change the fields' name (if i change in the "fields value" in the units' xml files, there is an error)?

frogeater

French mod is now upload
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2008, 10:47:17 »
Vous pouvez maintenant télécharger mon mod à cette adresse : http://http://www.moddb.com/mods/french-mod/downloads/magitech-fr
N'oubliez pas de lire le fichier Lisez-moi
Have fun!

anything