Author Topic: Elf Faction 0.9.7 & 2.0A (Both MG Compatible)  (Read 131777 times)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Elf Faction 0.9.6 Released
« Reply #325 on: 4 April 2011, 08:59:22 »
To take screenshots in-game, press the E key.
To take screenshots of a g3d model in the viewer, you have to use the MG version of the viewer.   :)
If you have windows, I can upload the latest version if you want. If you have linux, I can ask someone else...

gameboy

« Reply #326 on: 4 April 2011, 09:13:28 »
I've got windows, but I don't think the g3d viewer renders the normal map does it?
Btw thanks for that, but it seems GAE crashes when i try to take screenies :P

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #327 on: 4 April 2011, 09:22:02 »
No, I don't think so...but I guess you could try this method? I guess that's something to do during the merge. (But if that works, I could upload the MG g3d viewer and we'd have an awesome screenshot of a model...)
Eh...nevermind, I'm not sure. They said it only works with the old version of g3d...
Btw thanks for that, but it seems GAE crashes when i try to take screenies :P
Is there anything in the error or crash txt?

gameboy

« Reply #328 on: 4 April 2011, 09:29:46 »
I didn't not understand anything in that over there :P but u can upload the viewer if u like :)

The error says 'abnormal execution' or something, a runtime error :/

SnEptUne

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 9 July 2011, 21:12:37 »
Updated Elves 0.9.6 beta to work with MegaGlest.   I don't see any AI issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?74r6pe7a8y1cdui

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 10 July 2011, 02:41:04 »
What did you change?

Mr War

« Reply #331 on: 10 July 2011, 21:29:46 »
nice to play it in MG alongside magictech factions. sweet faction

val-gaav

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 7 September 2011, 06:50:08 »
Hi,
Quick question to the authors is there some kind of license for this mod ? Is it on CC BY-SA like most of other glest stuff ?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 7 September 2011, 09:48:26 »
Hi,
Quick question to the authors is there some kind of license for this mod ? Is it on CC BY-SA like most of other glest stuff ?
The author of this mod is no longer active on the forum.  Your best bet would probably be to email him.  (amish13 at Google's popular email service)  Lately we've been trying to get more authors to give official statements on licensing, but this one is a bit older so I don't think it was ever stated.

val-gaav

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 8 September 2011, 11:57:15 »
Hi

Thanks for your help John.d.h. I've emailed gAMeboy  and got a reply ... Elves are licensed CC-BY-SA.
See also this post:

https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=5351.msg77068#msg77068

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #335 on: 7 October 2011, 13:55:32 »

A copy of the Elves faction, version 0.9.6 beta, modified by SnEptUne to work with MegaGlest, (Original download location) is now also available at dl.megaglest.org (MD5SUM).

Note that I have not tested it, yet.
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #336 on: 8 October 2011, 04:19:10 »

A copy of the Elves faction, version 0.9.6 beta, modified by SnEptUne to work with MegaGlest, (Original download location) is now also available at dl.megaglest.org (MD5SUM).

What was even changed? I thought the last version released was for "Glest", so should have worked in MegaGlest without any changes.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

SnEptUne

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 8 October 2011, 18:47:21 »

What was even changed? I thought the last version released was for "Glest", so should have worked in MegaGlest without any changes.

I changed the resources to have a sane startup values; otherwise, the AI will not be able to build or do anything.

The resource is also modified to use gold, wood, and stone, so that it can be played with the megapack.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Elf Faction Update
« Reply #338 on: 16 May 2017, 18:09:51 »
So I did a lot of work last summer towards an Elves 2.0, but alas I've very much lost interest in this game and have been back more recently for modding purposes only. This was something I was working on on and off, but ended up putting aside to work on Egypt Remastered.

I don't plan to finish this overhaul, but it is well progressed with many models new and enhanced, textures fixed, building scales mostly fixed, a lot of new animations, and some new sounds. I also restructured the faction multiple times(mostly because of the AI), and it's very roughly balanced. The faction does require more resources on purpose, but it's units are a lot stronger now. This means that the resource-cheating AI(when it plays the faction properly) can be quite brutal.

I'm releasing it as is, as version 2.0 Alpha. Feel free to modify or reuse the faction or it's source material as you wish. I request, but do not require credit for myself. Mod credits are in the faction folder.

Download - Elves Faction 2.0A w/ Faction Links - 126MB ZIP

Download - Elves Faction Source Material - 198MB 7z

The download button is on the top right, icon is down arrow.

Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Faction 0.9.7 & 2.0A (Both MG Compatible)
« Reply #339 on: 16 May 2017, 20:07:23 »
Oh gosh... I've had the elves-8.3.16 package sitting on my drive for ages, yet didn't get to take a look at it in months. I don't remember if it was you or the original author (gameboy) who emailed them to me. This time I really need to give the update a shot, it looks really awesome :)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #340 on: 17 May 2017, 03:40:50 »
That was me, Gameboy hasn't been around in years. :P
Egypt Remastered!

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 17 May 2017, 08:46:25 »
That was me, Gameboy hasn't been around in years. :P

Right. Sorry for not replying in so long then... I had a reminder to check out the version of the time, just kept getting busy with other things and never getting into it. I shall really try to change this soon!

Carl the Great

• Technician
  • This is the personal text section of my profile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 19 May 2017, 00:57:11 »
There are still some .tga files in the 2.0 Alpha. Anyone up to help convert them to the usual .png (Unless Archmage or someone else will continue working on the modification)?
« Last Edit: 19 May 2017, 04:08:28 by Carl the Great »
Thanks!  ;)

Ishmaru

• Behemoth
  • um wat??
    • View Profile
    • DelphaDesign
« Reply #343 on: 21 May 2017, 02:48:21 »
Nice improvements as always, Archmage.

Hopefully this and the Woodland techtree can finally be on the ModCenter.
Annex: Conquer the World Release 4 For Pc Mac + Linux
https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9570.0
Annex is now on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/AnnexConquer

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 21 May 2017, 12:10:38 »
Nice improvements as always, Archmage.

Hopefully this and the Woodland techtree can finally be on the ModCenter.

There is a mod center now? I actually never knew!

MirceaKitsune

• Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 15 June 2017, 11:36:54 »
I took a rather brief look at this faction, as I didn't dive into a full game yet. All I can say is, incredible work! This has to be one of the most professional factions for MG out there.

Dear Megaglest developers: When this faction is ready, could it please be integrated into Magitech or Megapack? It will certainly meet every quality and beauty standard to be defaulted by far.

tomreyn

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest - the free and open source cross platform 3D real-time strategy game
« Reply #346 on: 15 December 2017, 23:14:40 »
Hmm unfortunately I missed these updates. What we lack here is a license declaration. To make it distributable with MG it needs to be a compatible license. With incompatible licenses it may still be possible to put it on the mod center. But first of all license (clearing and) declaration will need to take place. Please see the sticky topics on this forum for guidance.

Is this faction balanced with Megapack (how was it done?). Personally I doubt there is a chance that the Megapack distributed with the game will be replaced or extended. But I think we're all for adding more options on how to play games (just not as part of the game distribution but as mods).
atibox: Ryzen 1800X (8 cores @3.6GHz), 32 GB RAM, MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8G, PCI subsystem ID [1462:3417], (Radeon RX 580 chipset, POLARIS10) @3440x1440; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon (amdgpu) / mesa video driver
atibox (old): Core2Quad Q9400 (4 cores @2.66GHz), 8 GB RAM, XFX HD-467X-DDF2, PCI subsystem ID [1682:2931], (Radeon HD 4670, RV730 XT) @1680x1050; latest stable Ubuntu release, (open source) radeon / mesa video driver
notebook: HP envy13d020ng
internet access: VDSL2+

· · · How YOU can contribute to MG · Latest development snapshot · How to build yourself · Megapack techtree · Currently hosted MG games · · ·

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #347 on: 16 December 2017, 06:09:22 »
Whatever license you want. Seriously, I don't care. CC0 is fine for my work. :P

It's not balanced in it's current state, it's a bit too powerful if I remember correctly, but it works just fine as a challenging opponent.
Egypt Remastered!

andy_5995

• Ornithopter
  • Debian Linux user
    • View Profile
    • Andy Alt's home page
« Reply #348 on: 21 January 2018, 16:46:16 »
Whatever license you want. Seriously, I don't care. CC0 is fine for my work. :P

It's not balanced in it's current state, it's a bit too powerful if I remember correctly, but it works just fine as a challenging opponent.

I put it on my fork and rebalanced it. It'll need a bit more work, but the AI plays it a lot better I think. At first, the AI didn't even make air units, now it does. But because of the rebalancing, the air units don't make it more powerful than it was before.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #349 on: 23 January 2018, 04:01:05 »
I do hope you kept with the original idea of expensive and very strong units.  :angel:
Egypt Remastered!