- Wisdom (the elve upgrade to wise elf) should have a discount
- Corral can hold food, even though food is never used
- Silver Helm Lancer, underpowered? (reaver can kill a unit almost as fast, not quite, but close)
- Griffon's seige attack doesn't work at times (animation works, EP is reduced, but no damage)
- Animation speed for corrol is too high when training a unit (horse rocks its head at lightspeed)
- Archer, should melee attack be more powerful than bow?
- Does trees attack work? (lack of EP in XML)
- Units range is much longer than any in magic or tech, which makes an unfair advantage
- OVERPOWERED - 16 Grey Elf Archers decimated the entire tech base losing only 1 man, another example is just five ents destroying a base with their seige attack, one death.
- Possible source of AI trouble, doesn't use Sanctuary (no grace) (wonder if its because it costs no resources?)
- AI don't harvest stone
Now, away from the bad things. I really like the faction, but the AI troubles force you to play against magic or tech, which the elves are too strong against. The models are great, I give you that. The icons are superb. Good sound, and everything is quite nice. If you'd like me to fix most of the things I complained about above (except AI, though I'll try...) tell me and I'll just do the xmls, keeping them in folder layout so that you can copy and paste, overwritting the few files.
I need to update glest.110mb.com soon to accompany this. I've already got a complaint of the magitech section (should have tips for using the units) and another complaint about it being post dated (version 3.2 official release). I also need to improve the mods to include Persian (great, one of my personal favs) and Elves (great, but AI and balancing problems).
Here's a temporary rough rating for Elves:
Models: 5/5 - Flawless, but large filesize
Images: 5/5 - Best I've ever seen
AI: 2/5 - Problems here
Sounds: 5/5 - Very good
Balance: 2.5/5 - range is way too high, some units have much higher attack than other magitech
Fun: 5/5 - Very fun
Overall: 4/5 - Very good
Comments: Very fun to play, some AI troubles, but hopefully that will improve, along with balance issues. Very good models, textures, and icons. Infact, some of the best I've seen. Congratulations on a great mod! *NOTE: GAE version untested
I think I could make one helluva good documentary thing (webpage) for it. With your permission, I'd like to be able to improve the existing one, adding backgrounds, and a nice, neat html documentation that uses CSS. I'll also give it tabs with DHTML drop down menus. I can add some information, and so on... I'll give you a copy for a later release of the faction, as well as upload it into glest.110mb.com
"What say you?"
EDIT// Here's my sample. Now, I worked hard on it, so if you want it improved, say so. Links are currently nothing because I only made the index page so far... Accept it, though, please.
EDIT2// The little text thing is because I just wanted a rough outline for a menu. The menu may not be exactly as shown....glest.110mb.com/elves/