Author Topic: Improving Animations + Hey!  (Read 2131 times)

myles

• Technician
    • View Profile
    • Myles Lambert's Portfolio
Improving Animations + Hey!
« on: 15 November 2008, 10:49:06 »
Hey!
Its been some time since I was last here, last time I was here I said something about doing a new mod, well I guess I lied, I certainly dont have time to do another one, but any how now Iam working on a *cough* kinda commercial mod *cough* as a Level Designer, but any how, I noticed one or two people said my animations were rather 'rigid' I completely agree, although unfortunatly I dont have the models of any of the SST stuff any more.
But never the less I want to improve my animations, so I found a test model I made for Glest some time ago, its a samurai guy, I hope to mange to animate him nicely, so watch around here ;D

If there is any chance of me getting some of the SST models back, I will be making changes, slowly, Iam now a much better texture artist and have a few little tricks that may help ;D

gameboy

Re: Improving Animations + Hey!
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2008, 10:53:09 »
Awesome model, man!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2008, 15:21:48 »
Things to do for SST:

~Add more units, too few
~Fix rigid animations (But I think you knew that)
~Add more diversity among units (less units look alike)
~Improve buildings (add more as well)
~Bugs need some more smaller, attacking types.

As for the model, I don't have them anymore, I'm afraid. You can either import them from g3d into blender the reanimate them, or see if someone has the blender files (which I doubt)
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

myles

• Technician
    • View Profile
    • Myles Lambert's Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2008, 18:04:16 »
Quote from: "omega"
Things to do for SST:

~Add more units, too few

As for the model, I don't have them anymore, I'm afraid. You can either import them from g3d into blender the reanimate them, or see if someone has the blender files (which I doubt)

Cheers,
But i dont really understand you, There were no blender files, you didnt have them and I dont plan to be adding a whole lot.

M

« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2008, 23:27:48 »
both the bugs and human faction need a flying unit. the movie had a flying bug for there air force remember when they attacked the humans at there outpost and we first saw they suck out humans brains. the flying bugs looked a lot like giant grasshoppers or locust. and you have to have somekind of air unit for humans then you can play these factions on a island maps if not you can't reach the others

verarticus

« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2008, 13:47:46 »
Quote from: "omega"
Things to do for SST:

~Add more units, too few

I sorta modded it to have more guys and look less alike (with a few other changes) so I guess if its ok with myles i'll post that for a download if you want to try it.

ZaggyDad

« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2008, 20:52:59 »
Where can I the model?