Author Topic: AI Problem Solved!  (Read 1681 times)

modman

AI Problem Solved!
« on: 11 December 2008, 03:21:10 »
Hey I fixed an AI problem that was in Tech 2, but the "symptoms" were exactly the same as Omega's Military and Gameboy's Elves.
The symptoms is that the AI does not harvest resources, or limited resources.  They may or may not build buildings, but in Military, it was only the Farm.  I know how I fixed my problem, but I'm not quite sure how it applies to others' factions.  The problems may even be unrelated!  :idea: possibly in the order you want the AI to build them ?

This is how it may relate to other factions:
-Omega, I this is a far shot, but maybe the AI doesn't like the fact that there is a harvestable resource (ie tileset or tech type) that the main harvester cannot harvest.  Also I will fix the faction.xml for you to see if that effects it at all.
-I'm sorry Gameboy, but as soon as I noticed the AI bug you had I stopped playing and realized I had to finish Military.  I would recommend fixing the faction.xml, and also make sure nothing wierd is happening with your harvestable resources.

Any other factions this bug affects?

mictes

Re: AI Problem Solved!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2008, 14:04:02 »
BTW:
Uhh this problem is very old. I'm very disappointed you didn't read my posts.
This solution (Ai don't like new ressources) was already given by me months before  :) .
« Last Edit: 11 December 2008, 15:45:07 by mictes »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2008, 15:27:43 »
Do you mena that we could fix military by removing new resources such as iron and fixing the factions xml to go in that order? I guess we could get rid of oil and iron, but should we try to just edit the faction xml first and see if that works?

You know, I'm going to go look at the types and type instances in the cource code again, since that's the xml reader. I'll also recheck the ai section to get a closer look on how the AI works.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

mictes

« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2008, 15:53:57 »
Do you mena that we could fix military by removing new resources such as iron and fixing the factions xml to go in that order? I guess we could get rid of oil and iron, but should we try to just edit the faction xml first and see if that works?
Yes as I wrote (was my post lost in "the great dadaloss of september" ?! ^^). This did work for me but there are more reasons, in my actually version of 13k the AI still build nothing except the farm and workers which harvest to dead...

You know, I'm going to go look at the types and type instances in the cource code again, since that's the xml reader. I'll also recheck the ai section to get a closer look on how the AI works.
I agree, the problem must be in the xml's !

modman

« Reply #4 on: 14 December 2008, 02:43:07 »
Like I said, the problem is probably something to do with the faction.xml.

To anyone that knows the source: Does the AI look to see what the first entry is on the faction.xml?  Does the order have any significance?

anything