Author Topic: Resource trickle  (Read 2314 times)

gameboy

Resource trickle
« on: 13 February 2009, 19:11:22 »
I think it would make more sense if the resource buildings like the energy source gave a trickle of resource, say 1 energy every 5 seconds.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Resource trickle
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2009, 19:50:19 »
Isn't that how farms work?  I might be way off, though...

Speaking of resource trickle, having a structure you can capture (I don't think we have a capture feature yet, though...) that slowly produces resources could be pretty cool.  Something like a gold mine or an orchard that produces food.

modman

« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2009, 03:28:17 »
It could work if something that gathers the resources also stores the resources.  The gathering speed would have to be slower though.

gameboy

« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2009, 07:28:45 »
What if the resource is something like energy?
and no johndh that is not how the farm works.

daniel.santos

« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2009, 09:45:20 »
Yea, we don't yet have support for harvesting from units, but this is discussed in another thread around here that hailstone replied to earlier, namely the "capturing", I suppose you mean building a "mine" on a "resource" like orcs do in warcraft or like the vespian gas in starcraft?  As hailstone mentioned, adding locally stored resources and the ability to "garrison" units would take care of part of this, but we'll examine it more closely later when we get more of the core features fleshed out for 0.3

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2009, 20:03:00 »
Yea, we don't yet have support for harvesting from units, but this is discussed in another thread around here that hailstone replied to earlier, namely the "capturing", I suppose you mean building a "mine" on a "resource" like orcs do in warcraft or like the vespian gas in starcraft?  As hailstone mentioned, adding locally stored resources and the ability to "garrison" units would take care of part of this, but we'll examine it more closely later when we get more of the core features fleshed out for 0.3
Actually, I was thinking more like in C&C:Generals, where you can use your infantry's capture ability to convert the neutral oil derricks, hospitals, etc, over to your side.  You execute the command, and after a few moments, the building becomes yours and starts providing a trickle of money (in the case of oil derricks) or regeneration (in the case of hospitals).  I think this would be simpler than building a structure on top of it, which would essentially be a morph command executed by a unit other than the one doing the morphing (is that even possible?). Warlords: Battlecry 3 has a similar feature where you hero captures mines, and then you have to garrison them with workers in order for them to start producing resources.

anything