It's not the installer that is the issue - I don't believe in installers (it's not the Mac way (and its Mac not MAC, by the way
)). The way applications on a Mac work is that they all get bundled together into a single "Application Bundle" - it would be like having an executable folder. Everything is inside it and to make the program run, you double-click on the folder and it starts.
I've got it working like this in 3.2.1, but the data sits in another place and I've created a bundle installer that takes care of that too - and unlike KaSek's version it puts the stuff in folders that are more typical of standard Mac applications (which is nicer for cleaning things up, is all).
My issues are:
1. There seems to be a compilation issue when I attempt to use the newer version of the shared library.
2. There's a compilation issue related to the new code in the linux version that creates some issues on the Mac. It could be related to the versions of the frameworks I am using, or how the frameworks are used, but I need time to investigate that fully.
3. There's a display problem that occurs when I dump the linux source files into the existing Mac bundle in the hope that it will effectively "upgrade" the version. It only displays the first character of all of the menus. I found a way to work around this, but the fonts don't look right (everything is a bit too big).
I'll then need to test it thoroughly and the problem I have there is that the only network I have to test multiplayer on is at school, and its not a traditional network because it has a whole heap of network access restrictions built into it that are configured by people higher up the IT chain of command than me (and they won't change them for security reasons). If, however, it works on my school network, it'll work on ANY home network (which is probably a good thing).
So yeah - I can build the packages for installation and all of those things - what I need to do is find the time to sit down and work through the final compilation errors. Perhaps something I can do with softcoder when things calm down a bit (maybe even over these coming school holidays I'll get the opportunity - which means we could have a GAE or MegaGlest version for Mac within a month!).