Author Topic: Ancient Egypt Faction ( alpha2 released )  (Read 123024 times)

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Ancient Egypt Faction ( alpha2 released )
« Reply #300 on: 14 April 2010, 05:47:56 »
Was this recently changed? why are the chickens white, then they...well then they look more like roosters...  ::)

I just noticed this.  ::) I would post in game screenshots, but I am too lazy right now.

wyvern

« Reply #301 on: 14 April 2010, 14:32:21 »
Just a thought maybe the egyptians should have an axeman and a war chariot with a bow/spearman
« Last Edit: 14 April 2010, 18:44:49 by wyvern »

Zoythrus

« Reply #302 on: 16 April 2010, 04:10:46 »
its probably been brought up (im just too tired to read the whole thread), but the priests are OP! you should either slow the attack speed or decrease the attack damage (their attack is way to powerful and really fast!)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #303 on: 16 April 2010, 17:50:22 »
its probably been brought up (im just too tired to read the whole thread), but the priests are OP! you should either slow the attack speed or decrease the attack damage (their attack is way to powerful and really fast!)
I think he already did. Still...  ::)

Zoythrus

« Reply #304 on: 16 April 2010, 18:30:28 »
its reinforcement of the idea then

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #305 on: 26 April 2010, 10:08:36 »
But its somehow challenging when you know the priest are coming soon...
Do you really think its that bad? I think human players cannot produce these large amounts of priests, its only the cheating AI which is able to do this.
By this egypts are really tough opponents in AI games. I like it and I'm very happy if I was able to kill a ultra cpu egypt opponent.
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Zoythrus

« Reply #306 on: 26 April 2010, 14:01:59 »
but the ai should be challenging because of skill an diversity of units, not priest spam

Gabbe

« Reply #307 on: 26 April 2010, 14:12:08 »
but the ai should be challenging because of skill an diversity of units, not priest spam

Thta just made my day...priest spam... :O :O

I do not belive the current AI has another option than to spam units? thats what it does on me all the time, no matter the faction. Like, if the AI has decided to attack we with priests, he will continue to do so until im dead, or he is.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 26 April 2010, 14:54:10 »
"priest spam"  :O :O

BUt thats the kick you have to use a special tactic to kill them. produce lots of cheap and fast units, and attack them with one after another until their energy power is gone. Then attack them with archers. If you wait until they attack you and they get in range of your buildings you are lost ....
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #309 on: 26 April 2010, 22:40:07 »
But its somehow challenging when you know the priest are coming soon...
Do you really think its that bad? I think human players cannot produce these large amounts of priests, its only the cheating AI which is able to do this.
By this egypts are really tough opponents in AI games. I like it and I'm very happy if I was able to kill a ultra cpu egypt opponent.
yeah it is kinda hard...  ::) ultra? yeah...how about mega?  ::)  :O
Yeah, that is kinda one of the problems with glest...  ::)

wyvern

« Reply #310 on: 27 April 2010, 14:53:02 »
Priests are really easy if you charge them with cavalry but the splash attacks make it harder to see your own units in the melee

Zoythrus

« Reply #311 on: 27 April 2010, 15:17:39 »
would it be too much just to ask for a slight attack speed reduction?

wyvern

« Reply #312 on: 27 April 2010, 15:50:26 »
The egyptians need to get a boost from historical units such as stated before and to not rely on mythical beasts so much they coud also get jackals as a cheap strike force.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 28 April 2010, 11:04:46 »
whatever, I maybe try to lower the splash effects a bit more to make things more vivisible. Another thing thats still missing are sounds for all "gods" like scarab/snake/ibis. Currently I don't really want to change anything else, its really fun to play in my opinion.

If you think they are too strong, simply don't use them as AI opponents, but try them again if you get a bit more advanced in glest gaming. One day you will need something more challenge and then  I'm shure you will love them .
« Last Edit: 30 April 2010, 11:33:51 by titi »

wyvern

« Reply #314 on: 28 April 2010, 13:53:26 »
The egyptians aren't that hard but I love the animations they could get a Ammut, the hippo lion crocodile beast.