Author Topic: Mouse response becomes weird after some minutes  (Read 2314 times)

ferdy

Mouse response becomes weird after some minutes
« on: 29 March 2009, 06:30:10 »
Hello everybody,

I've a problem with Glest for Linux. When I play it begins perfect, but the mouse response gradually gets weird, like if the mouse was drunk. I must select a square in order to select units because clicking on an unit is nearly impossible because the click is responseless and because it's difficult to be accurate with the "drunken" mouse. The more time I play the worse is the response. If you quit the game and begin another campaign it seems to become right, but after a couple of minutes playing you can feel it wrong again and after 10 minutes is unplayable. First I thought of the mouse resolution, but that doesn't explain why it begins perfect and then gradually goes weird. It happens with 3.1.2 and 3.1.0 using  Ubuntu Hardy with nvidia propietary drivers for a Geforce 7600GT.

Somebody can help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Fer

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse response becomes weird after some minutes
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2009, 02:58:29 »
Is this in multi-player mode (network) or single player mode.

ferdy

« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2009, 03:49:56 »
It is in single mode, and it is very weird because the game is moving at normal speed, smoothly and has quite a lot fps but the most annoying is that  it doesn't happen at the start of the game but when you have played for several minutes and not suddenly but gradually. After playing for 5 or 10 minutes you realize the mouse response is a bit uncomfortable and it becomes unplayable after some minutes more because the game and the units move at normal speed but the mouse becomes like if it was "drunk" -I haven't another word, as English isn't my first language, but I think it describes very well the feeling of the mouse- It moves smoothly but slow and following your movement with some lag. Clicking on an unit doesn't work properly unless it's stopped, but selecting it with a square, like when you select some of them, works. Selecting actions doesn't work either.

I have researched and I suspect it has something to do with the SDL libs. Very weird...

Anybody got some clue?

Thanks!

softcoder

• MegaGlest Team
  • Battle Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2009, 05:11:09 »
Does it happen when you have a lot of models on the screen or does it happen even when very little activity is taking place? Edit your glest.ini and set DebugMode=1 and you will see additional stats. What kind of fps do you get and what do the other stats show?

Thanks

anything