Author Topic: Node "camera" missing "loadgame-position" linux  (Read 1819 times)

ewomer

Node "camera" missing "loadgame-position" linux
« on: 10 April 2009, 15:45:58 »
Gentoo Linux ~amd64
gae .0.2.11

Im getting this message when trying to access the load game screen

[ Node "camera" doesn't have 1 children named  "loadgame-position" ]

i dont know if this is an issue on my end or if its a real bug,

it completely locks up and refuses to close, had to use xkill in linux to close it.

daniel.santos

Re: Node "camera" missing "loadgame-position" linux
« Reply #1 on: 11 April 2009, 00:45:20 »
Well, the problem with the "Close" button not working is happening to me as well.  I think it started after some upgrade of SDL personally, but I haven't tracked down the root cause.  Also, it could have been due to some change on our end.  Either way, it's a very annoying bug, especially when playing in full-screen mode!

As to the root problem, it sounds like you're using the original Glest core data files rather than those from GAE.  The "loadgame" screen was added in GAE.  So this is your setup, but the problem with GAE not exiting when you hit the Close button in the crash message screen, that's a bug and you can report it if it isn't already in the bug database.  Thanks

daniel.santos

« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2009, 01:02:00 »
Ah! I found the cause of the bug that caused the game not to exit when you click on "Exit" after a crash.  This will be fixed in 0.2.12.

ewomer

« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2009, 02:18:20 »
Im using both. my game root dir is ./gae/mk/linux but the autogen.sh makes links to
 ../../source/glest_game/* so that is where i installed the glest-data-3.2.2. Dont
 know if that would make a diffrence or not, but i will make a default root dir for both
 glest and gae with no symlinks and install glest data first and then overwrite it with
gae's data files and see if that makes a difference.

**EDIT**

That worked i installed the data files from glest 3.2.1 (there is no 3.2.2 data files) then
overwrote the data folder with the gae/data/glest_game/data folder. now it will close
and even gives me a message about "you dont have any saved games" which I dont
so i guess it works now.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2009, 02:31:18 by ewomer »