Author Topic: Woodsmen  (Read 48951 times)

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Woodsmen
« Reply #125 on: 14 December 2010, 23:03:30 »
Well, I'm assuming you don't need to make any changes to existing models and textures. That means you just have to (re)model the two new units you said you created (sucks, I know, but beats redoing it all). The rest (ie: balancing, fine tuning) is easily done from the XMLs, which can be changed from your latest download.

I wish you the best of luck in continuing this project.
I too would like to see this finished.  I just mourn the loss of all the source files. :(

back up your files somewhere! eg. i have all of the constellus files backed up on Mediafire, and i would suggest that you all do likewise! (filefront works too)
Dropbox does it automatically, rather than having to remember to make periodic uploads.  Referral link in my sig. ;) But seriously, we've had catastrophic data losses for at least two major mods (Woodsmen and Military), and I had a pretty big scare recently, so everybody needs to have a backup -- if not for themselves, then for the community who wants to see their work completed!

Mark

« Reply #126 on: 17 December 2010, 01:57:24 »
back up your files somewhere! eg. i have all of the constellus files backed up on Mediafire, and i would suggest that you all do likewise! (filefront works too)
Dropbox does it automatically, rather than having to remember to make periodic uploads.  Referral link in my sig. ;) But seriously, we've had catastrophic data losses for at least two major mods (Woodsmen and Military), and I had a pretty big scare recently, so everybody needs to have a backup -- if not for themselves, then for the community who wants to see their work completed!
Yeah, a lot of dark magic stuff got lost in my crash, but nothing like this, or yours, john.

So what, specifically, is on the agenda? 

madmanntis

« Reply #127 on: 14 January 2011, 06:33:38 »
Hullo!

A quick update for y'all.

First, off, there is a small chance I may be able to recover the files from my old PC's hard-drive. I deleted my old files to free up space when I got my new PC, but I'm fairly certain that I didn't format or anything. I won't be able to get around to this for a while, as the old PC is at my parents' place 5 or so hours away, and I really down feel like making an unnecessary trip down perilously icy Saskatchewan highways.

But yeah... won't be for a while.

Secondly, as I mentioned in my last post, I had to make a little website for my one course' final project and I've put up all my old Glest concept doodles on there. It isn't awesome mods to play with... but it's something to look at if you're bored. If you see an unmade concept you'd like to make into a unit, feel free to borrow it.
Here's the link for that.

That's all for now. And YES. Some serious file protection will happen in the future.

God bless
-Madmanntis

Post Script:
Man.. I'm so out of the loop. Is there any simple answer to the question of, "what has changed in Glest?" The last time I was around, Megaglest was just getting into particle effects in xml. Anything else huge?

Zoythrus

« Reply #128 on: 14 January 2011, 07:28:15 »
GAE has functioning cloaking

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 14 January 2011, 18:47:54 »
Mega-Glest has a master server for online game-play, you should download the newest version here:
http://megaglest.org/download/
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 14 January 2011, 23:13:28 »
I don't know if there's an official changelog somewhere, but GAE now has cloaking, transport/garrison units, even more effects and emanations, most of MG's particle system, more players than before, bigger selection size, teleportation... tons of new stuff.  Here's some more:  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/glestae/query?status=closed&group=milestone&order=priority&type=enhancement&row=description

No idea where I'd find MG's change log, though.

Gabbe

« Reply #131 on: 14 January 2011, 23:16:12 »

ultifd

• Airship
  • The Glest Video Guy :) The one and only. :P
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 15 January 2011, 00:19:02 »
Nice sketches! I really hope you'll be able to recover your files...   :)

Oh gee/great, another MG/GAE debate? Hopefully not.
Anyways, there will be a changelog once 3.4.0 is released. Latest new "big" MG things are FTP transfer support and integrated IRC...mainly MG has more "improvements" than new features, but that might change later.
Personally, if you recover your files, I think you should maybe make two separate versions. MG one with balance updates and new units, and GAE with all that + new features, I guess. (wait for GAE 0.33)
Also having a MG version would be good because people would probably also try it out on GAE... (I would.) Then of course, I bet people would like to try woodsmen with each other. (Last version has some bugs and then it gets out of synch or something, not sure...)
Anyways good luck! Thanks for not giving up!  :thumbup:

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Woodsmen WIKI Page, Stub Created
« Reply #133 on: 23 February 2011, 07:46:07 »
Sorry for the double post, but I created a page for the Woodsmen... https://docs.megaglest.org/Woodsmen If you are going to add info, try to add it like how the magic page is, by listing the units and buildings and then linking them, creating other pages for those units. (Before we wouldn't have done this but due to the new theme, I guess we kinda have to.)

ultifd

• Airship
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Woodsmen 7z
« Reply #134 on: 10 March 2011, 08:48:06 »
Sorry for the triple post... :/
I just wanted to say that I've re-uploaded Woodsmen as a 7z...5 MB less now.(17.1 MB)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20112850/woodsmen-0.9.5.7z

val-gaav

• Swordman
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 20 October 2011, 07:07:41 »
I've emailed Madmantis but got no reply. Maybe someone else contacted him earlier and got a reply can tell me what is the license for this mod ?

I can see woodmsan are part of project green which is CC-BY-SA , I don't know however if I can assume that Woodsman are licensed like that since I don't see main author mentioning licensing terms.

anything