Author Topic: Daz and Poser  (Read 2887 times)

Arrogathor

Daz and Poser
« on: 28 April 2009, 16:36:16 »
I have Daz with the advanced skeleton rigging system and have made several 3d models which can be downloaded from ShareCG http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=ArroatCG .  So I can do 3d models and could possibly adapt EyeGur and TunGur for Glest or do some other models.  I notice 3dsmax and blender are discussed, but Daz and Poser are not.  I also have Poser but have not learned to use it yet.  Any ideas on how to export models from Daz to Glest?  Or Poser CR2 files to Glest?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
Re: Daz and Poser
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2009, 18:42:01 »
I've looked into this a little bit and it appears that DAZ and Poser can export files in some of the same formats that Blender can import, like Collada (*.dae) and Wavefront (*.obj), so I think all you would need to do is export from your program to one of these formats, import them into Blender, and then export them to Glest's own format (*.g3d).  If that doesn't work, you might be able to use some other program as an intermediary, like how I use Google SketchUp to import AutoCAD (*.dwg) models and then export them as Collada files that Blender can use.