Author Topic: Demonionic somewhat fixed  (Read 2250 times)

pafferguy

Demonionic somewhat fixed
« on: 9 May 2009, 02:18:53 »
I updated the Domineonic tech tree and menu so unit names and damage types make sense, removed unneccesary files, and made it glest 3.2.2 compatible.  It should be on ModDB, although they might still be authorizing it.  If this is a violation of etiquette, then I am sorry, I just wanted to improve this amazing mod since its development seemed to have stopped

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Demonionic somewhat fixed
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2009, 02:25:58 »
i was always wondering if someone would fix the mod up a bit

Have you asked the creator of this mod?(sounds like you didn't)

i'm sure he/she would be happy that you are improving their mod
although i haven't seen recent posts(besides this one) about this mod or the creator of this mod
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

pafferguy

« Reply #2 on: 9 May 2009, 02:55:56 »
Yeah, I didn't consult with the creator, really just a spur of the moment idea after thinking to myself "Archer!  What archer?" while playing it.  The most recent upload was in March '08, so development probably has stopped, though.  I'm thinking of porting it to GAE and adding maybe some representation of morale (a decisive factor in the Napoleonic Wars), but I also have school and my own mod to work on.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2009, 03:10:03 »
if you can model i would be great to add some new units
Egypt Remastered!

pafferguy

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2009, 03:16:13 »
I was only really going to add an "Officer" to increase morale.  If I could get G3D to work on my computer, I would also make a "Curiasser" (might not be spelled right) as a non-melee cavalry for anti-infantry (with my new damage and armor types, Infantry using bullets beat Cavalry using blades beat Artillery using explosives beat Infantry).

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2009, 04:24:13 »
oh i forgot
welcome to Glest! :)

interesting idea
Egypt Remastered!

pafferguy

« Reply #6 on: 9 May 2009, 22:06:39 »
The idea I have right now is that all attacks for all units would require energy (representing morale).  The regen would be such that attacking continuously would produce the smallest overall drop I could get.  Shooting someone would put a "fired on" effect on them to reduce regen only a bit, but the effect would be an AOE, and it would stack.  Cannon fire would do even more.  This way, a single enemy won't make your troops give up even if it is very good, but heavy fire will make you surrender rapidly.  Don't know about how to keep the effect when your unit dies, though.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2009, 22:18:01 »
have i dead unit bring down the morale of the other units
and the dead unit would have no morale
Egypt Remastered!

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2009, 08:31:14 »
Good to see someone is working on this mod again!
I really liked the theme but if felt so unfinished.
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

Mark

« Reply #9 on: 1 June 2009, 00:18:58 »
First of all-the idea of a cuirasser (Swordsman/gunner cavalry encased in half armor) is completely off the time period.  But a different type of cavalry would be nice.  I don't really understand your "Morale" idea, but my take is that the more a unit fires, the less morale it has, so if it is fighting a huge battle where it is attacking alot, it will lose its "morale" and pause in the attack.  But a problem that emerges from that is that if the units were attacking a town, they would not be able to finish properly.  (Have you ever had a couple archmages when you are fighting a battle or a town and they run out of EP, you know what i am talking about.)  Also, I have made a techtree called invaders, which pits a napoleonic style army against an american indian style band of warriors. (obviously this matchup could use work, but I only spent a little time on it.)  I added team color and fixed up the faction, which apparently is part of what you wanted done.  Feel free to download and continue your work from my invaders techtree.  Make sure you give credit to the makers of domineonic and indian(titi), so i do not get in trouble.