Author Topic: GLADE Team  (Read 25630 times)

Fluffy203

Re: GLADE Team
« Reply #100 on: 14 June 2009, 22:41:16 »
Lol i don't know i'm just modeling so yea  ;D

modman

« Reply #101 on: 14 June 2009, 22:44:25 »
Fine, it doesn't need to attack, but I drew up the building, and I saw the spikes at the top, and I thought it would be cool if they could shoot off and attack enemies, since they're there.

Also, John, what am I supposed to be doing, since I've finished making the faction diagram for Dark Magic?

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 14 June 2009, 22:59:39 »
I don't know, supervise?

Fluffy203

« Reply #103 on: 14 June 2009, 23:02:45 »
lmao supervise why is glade working on the dark magic project? ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 14 June 2009, 23:19:02 »
why is glade working on the dark magic project? ;D
I figured we should start out with something easy, and Dark Magic was part of the way done already.  Plus, we have Modman on board, so we wouldn't have to worry about taking somebody's mod and messing with it in ways they wouldn't want.

Fluffy203

« Reply #105 on: 14 June 2009, 23:21:19 »
Well i would prefer to do yours  ;D , but i'm just doing something to kill the time

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 14 June 2009, 23:24:21 »
If you mean Sun and Moon, I'm purposely doing that (mostly) by myself because it will force me to learn to do everything on my own.

modman

« Reply #107 on: 15 June 2009, 00:42:02 »
Supervising is fine; I'm good at that. ;D

Fluffy203

« Reply #108 on: 15 June 2009, 01:03:26 »
Yes i was talking about that  ;D , but in general i think that the team should totally wipe the floor with a awesome mod of the teams conception not an already half done one , no offense modman , i just think it should be a team effort and a team concept  ;D
« Last Edit: 15 June 2009, 02:47:38 by Fluffy203 »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15 June 2009, 04:15:13 »
I'm planning on bigger things later on, but I wanted to set a smaller, more obtainable goal just to see how well we work together and smooth out any kinks in the group, as well as give everybody an early taste of success to keep them motivated.  Don't worry, I've got LOTS of ideas for more mods and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Now's not really the time to go over future plans, though.  I don't want us to get bogged down with so many ideas and requests that we can't handle them all.  No offense to the GAE team, but I think that's kinda what happened to them.
« Last Edit: 15 June 2009, 04:27:16 by John.d.h »

MadElf

« Reply #110 on: 15 June 2009, 08:02:07 »
I think we should start working as a team, I mean, isn't Heactate the 3D Artist (no offence Fluffy , your models are awesome), now that my exams are over I can start doing stuff again, so I'm up to texture whatever model I need to.  ;)

gameboy

« Reply #111 on: 15 June 2009, 08:28:58 »
there can be many 3D artist, didn't u read the first post?

MadElf

« Reply #112 on: 15 June 2009, 08:44:58 »
Yeah, of course, but I think each person should kinda stick with their position they volunteered for, of course, if you volunteered for something, it means you are good at it, or like doing it.

gameboy

« Reply #113 on: 15 June 2009, 08:56:19 »
well he volunteered for both, so i guess its okay.

MadElf

« Reply #114 on: 15 June 2009, 11:24:00 »
Nevermind actually, I don't wanna make any conflicts.
But my point is:
we need more organisation, there are 3 topics talking about Dark Magic modding, what is really confusing since each talk about different things. lol

Ardor

« Reply #115 on: 15 June 2009, 16:34:14 »
I can make music. I have 3 compositions of my own, but I don't think they are really good yet. Who is the music guy in the team? I would like to get some sheet music to e-mail to him!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #116 on: 15 June 2009, 17:50:04 »
I'm not sure if the music guy (archmage101) actually uses sheets. I think he is just downloading and using available resources (I believe he did mention knowing a lot of sites for that).
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

modman

« Reply #117 on: 15 June 2009, 18:04:39 »
I can make music. I have 3 compositions of my own, but I don't think they are really good yet. Who is the music guy in the team? I would like to get some sheet music to e-mail to him!

Let's make a triple switch.  If it is OK with him, Archmage 101 should do something else, like modeling (no offense ;)).  Archmage 101 is actually pretty good at modeling, so it wouldn't be detrimental to the team at all.  Plus, that's what he's doing right now anyhow.

Ardor, welcome to the forums! 8)  We can always use new people with unique skills, and so let's see what kind of music you can compose!  Keep in mind that this faction is very magical and sinister, so these are themes that can show through in the soundtrack.  The soundtrack should be about seven minutes long, but it can have gaps of silence in it, like Tech does.  In Tech's music, even when there is no melody going on, there is still a timpani going on in the background to keep the feel going.

I am excited to see what you can do, Ardor!  Please give us a timeline of how long you think it will take, and we can see from there what you should do.

And if Archmage 101 doesn't want to leave his position, you can still be at that position as a secondary...

Fluffy203

« Reply #118 on: 15 June 2009, 18:13:58 »
I don't care how this goes down i just think we should've started a project that was our own , but its all good and the CZAR should decide the project we work on with the agreement of the other leaders , so that ideas don't just come flying out

modman

« Reply #119 on: 15 June 2009, 18:18:24 »
Yes, Dark Magic was just a trial run.  We will finish it, and then, evaluating the time it took, see how to improve efficiency.  Keep in mind that I did not suggest Dark Magic as the project we begin with.  I suggested extending Magitech factions, because it would be easy because we can pull out of the project after any unit is completed.

I really don't have a say though.  Any more concerns this late in the project should be relayed by PM to John.d.h.

@kukac@

« Reply #120 on: 15 June 2009, 20:07:26 »
I wonder why is this topic locked; it could be the place of discussions that aren't related to Dark Magic.

modman

« Reply #121 on: 15 June 2009, 20:39:46 »
This is locked because I made a new topic which encompasses all developments related to the GLADE team or Dark Magic.

I would appreciate it if you would un-sticky this topic and sticky the other one, GLADE team project: Dark Magic.  Thanks.

anything