Author Topic: GLADE Team  (Read 25629 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: GLADE Team
« Reply #50 on: 7 June 2009, 18:24:33 »
I would gladly like to help with webpage administernation. I saw you still used the elf's page that I made. Would you prefer a separate glade page? I can also automate it using php (growing skillz, with a 'z') so that people can post ideas, comments, etc; As well as allow people to interact freely.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

gameboy

« Reply #51 on: 7 June 2009, 18:41:27 »
go ahead! but an okay from the Artistic Coordinator not from the Czar. But could u please send me the website before you upload it? I would like to do the imaging. ;D

modman

« Reply #52 on: 7 June 2009, 20:41:26 »
Wow, this concept is certainly exploding!

Dark Magic is a good option for the GLADE team, but I'm really not sure on a final tech tree diagram as of yet.  Since that is my job, I will get on it!

I was hoping that the GLADE team would extend Magitech first, because that would be coolest, but that can just be the second project we work on.  I thought it would be a good option because a lot of the work is already done, like the music, and some unit ideas, etc.  But Dark Magic is definitely great too!

And when I said that you should contact the head of each sub-department, I meant that if you want to animate, you should contact the animations artist.  But more communication is always better than less!

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 7 June 2009, 20:55:12 »
I would gladly like to help with webpage administernation. I saw you still used the elf's page that I made. Would you prefer a separate glade page? I can also automate it using php (growing skillz, with a 'z') so that people can post ideas, comments, etc; As well as allow people to interact freely.
I'm not sure how necessary that would be, since we interact plenty on the forum already and we have a ModDB page for the group, but it might be good to have the team represented on the 110mb page separately from the elves, even if it's something as simple as saying who we are and what we're doing.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #54 on: 7 June 2009, 22:29:31 »
i think there should be a website manager position
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 7 June 2009, 23:41:11 »
I don't think that would really be necessary, since everybody would be uploading their own content, but if somebody wants to volunteer for it, then I won't turn them away.  I guess it could add a degree of professionalism.

modman

« Reply #56 on: 8 June 2009, 00:44:47 »
Yea, but a degree unnecessary until the project is finished.

gameboy

« Reply #57 on: 8 June 2009, 05:26:39 »
how about this as a logo?

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 8 June 2009, 05:59:06 »
Personally I like this one.

gameboy

« Reply #59 on: 8 June 2009, 06:04:53 »
Fine, I'll improve that one, 'cause its a bit slanted.

@kukac@

« Reply #60 on: 8 June 2009, 13:11:22 »
It seems you are getting somewhere, I'm going to put this topic sticky.  ;)

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #61 on: 10 June 2009, 05:21:39 »
Egypt Remastered!

gameboy

« Reply #62 on: 10 June 2009, 14:25:52 »
okay i hv one question, how to u use the decimate modifier in blender?
the model i made for the dark mage is to detailed and when i try to use the poly reducer it spoils the texture map.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 10 June 2009, 22:00:13 »
the model i made for the dark mage is to detailed and when i try to use the poly reducer it spoils the texture map.
In object mode, select the object, Add Modifier > Decimate, and it should start out with 1.000.  Think of the number as a coefficient.  Whatever you reduce that number to, is what the number of polygons will be multiplied by, so if you want to have 75% the number of faces, change the number to 0.75.  The changes to the number of faces will only matter once you hit apply.  Until then, it's just a preview.

Hectate

« Reply #64 on: 10 June 2009, 22:21:15 »
I haven't used it, but I would suspect that you wouldn't want to texture until you've finished reducing the polycount. IMHO it's always best to be 100% mesh-complete before attempting a texture. It saves a lot of trouble.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10 June 2009, 22:30:43 »
Yeah, come to think of it, I think you have to re-unwrap the mesh after you decimate it anyway.

gameboy

« Reply #66 on: 11 June 2009, 09:27:17 »
yeah, thanks. I lowered the poly to 1031 faces and i guess thats enough. you can see the fully textured model in DM's animation inst. thread or on the moddb project:
http://www.moddb.com/groups/glade
speaking of moddb,  there are only three members in the glade group. other group member pls. join.

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #67 on: 12 June 2009, 02:15:54 »
Do we or do we not need a 110mb page for it??? I'm a tad confused by how some people want it, some think its unneccessary. Although modman is right, it's a bit early, since you haven't seemed to completely decided on what to work on (though I place money on DM, since that's what most people seem to agree with).
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

modman

« Reply #68 on: 12 June 2009, 15:43:04 »
We are doing Dark Magic, yes.  But we don't need a GLADE team page on your site, but it would help with publicity a little.

gameboy

« Reply #69 on: 12 June 2009, 15:45:38 »
okay, but what about the logo, are we using the old one, or the cricket one (the one i just posted)?

modman

« Reply #70 on: 12 June 2009, 15:48:27 »
I kind of like the one you have in your signature, but only bigger, and a little more dressed up (border, etc).

Fluffy203

« Reply #71 on: 13 June 2009, 23:48:24 »
Woot i'm XML manager lol So what are we working on first cause i'm uber bored and need something to preoccupy  me since i can't seem to find a job and i can also 3d model and animate just incase you need that now ;D

Mark

« Reply #72 on: 14 June 2009, 01:32:50 »
You should work on the models, just make sure that you talk with the other modelers.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #73 on: 14 June 2009, 02:14:14 »
we need all modelers to help model
Egypt Remastered!

Fluffy203

« Reply #74 on: 14 June 2009, 02:47:14 »
What am i modeling lol you tell me or give me something to do , cause i have no clue on what the team is even doing lol

anything