Poll

If you have played v 10.07.27, please rate your playing experience(s)

Five stars - Magitech quality
4 (15.4%)
Four stars - above average
14 (53.8%)
Three stars - average
7 (26.9%)
Two stars - below average
0 (0%)
One star - painful
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 15 July 2016, 11:49:45

Author Topic: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic  (Read 280328 times)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic
« Reply #375 on: 8 September 2009, 19:47:10 »
I'm a bit behind on this board, but I just gotta say it:

HS! That wyvern is amazing!
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

JC

« Reply #376 on: 8 September 2009, 23:10:48 »
I made a mod like magic its called lemon magic  ;D
Because it has models from sourbraton.

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 9 September 2009, 00:41:04 »
Okay, I'll try to get started on my modifications of the Divination Crystal tonight or some time within the next couple days, so it should be done by the end of the week (but you all know how bad I am with keeping my deadlines).

Here are the models sheol temple (which isn't greatly done , but rough enough =P) and the shadow walker not textured or animated http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc3e352c0e1cc1cfd5a101cf914073b4ecd43e0d3c327f9e
Those are in *.max format.  Would you mind uploading them in *.obj so we Blender-using cheapskates can use them? ;)

I made a mod like magic its called lemon magic  ;D
Because it has models from sourbraton.
Err... I'm pretty sure the models from Sauerbraten are proprietary (the engine is freely licensed, but the content isn't), so that might be slightly illegal...

Loronal

« Reply #378 on: 9 September 2009, 19:35:45 »
Uhhmm where would I find a new download link or are you still working on putting everything together ???

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #379 on: 9 September 2009, 20:08:05 »
see the first post (click the headline )
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #380 on: 9 September 2009, 21:14:34 »
Some bugs mostly in the current xml setup:
- oblivian_portal_cube.tga , Cube should be written with a lower case c or it doesn't work in linux.
- The acolytes doesn't show their special animation for "going to harvest wood" and "go to mining" I made them and they should be there.
- The dark sourcery doesn't have a good attack( without the flying bat projectiles )
- the Dark Elder shows no charging animation
« Last Edit: 10 September 2009, 12:48:11 by titi »
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

Mark

« Reply #381 on: 10 September 2009, 01:56:08 »
Yes, well, every time I save a texture it adds either 'Cube' or 'Cylinder'  to the end of it.  I can tell this is because I started with that shape, but still.  I have no idea why it does that or how I can fix it so it doesn't add it.  And it doesn't even show up in the place I am naming it when I name it, so I can't help but include it.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 10 September 2009, 02:29:01 »
Yes, well, every time I save a texture it adds either 'Cube' or 'Cylinder'  to the end of it.  I can tell this is because I started with that shape, but still.  I have no idea why it does that or how I can fix it so it doesn't add it.  And it doesn't even show up in the place I am naming it when I name it, so I can't help but include it.
You can rename the tga and then change the texture in Blender to that new file.

Mark

« Reply #383 on: 11 September 2009, 01:36:18 »
No, I mean that every time I save the texture it adds a word to the end of the name of the texture.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 11 September 2009, 19:54:44 »
I don't think there's a way to prevent that.  AFAIK you just have to rename it after it's created.

Mark

« Reply #385 on: 11 September 2009, 23:52:01 »
What! No way to correct it?  Can someone PLEASE upload me their version so I can get a good copy?  I assume that is the only option.

I don't think there's a way to prevent that.  AFAIK you just have to rename it after it's created.
Well, *Heh* if I rename it, it gives me an error about not finding the texture.  That is obviously because the texture is under a different name.  And, the only way to attack this bug (Or maybe it is my error somewhere) is to stop it from adding words to the end of it.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 12 September 2009, 00:33:25 »
I messed around a little bit with the Divination Crystal that Laimis made.  There's no texture on anything but the skulls (and they're straight from Magitech, only slightly modified), so just ignore that.  Tell me what you think of the model and animations so I know if I'm on the right track.

Idle animation gif
Working animation gif

Edit: Changed the links so they lead to the pages rather than just the images themselves. /Edit

Well, *Heh* if I rename it, it gives me an error about not finding the texture.  That is obviously because the texture is under a different name.  And, the only way to attack this bug (Or maybe it is my error somewhere) is to stop it from adding words to the end of it.
Ah, you missed the second part.  You have to go back into Blender and re-assign the texture to the new name after you rename it.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2009, 00:36:26 by John.d.h »

Mark

« Reply #387 on: 12 September 2009, 01:25:41 »
I can't explain this good enough, can I?  EVERY time I save it it adds a word to the end of the texture it is looking for, plus the texture I assign.  I have done what you say many times and it just doesn't work!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 12 September 2009, 01:46:54 »
*sigh* What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

You know what, if none of that works, than just change the names of your objects to something with lowercase.  The extra word will still be there, but it won't screw up Linux compatibility.

Mark

« Reply #389 on: 12 September 2009, 01:49:21 »
I am sorry, but the extra word doesn't even show up when I save the texture. 

I have put a complete halt on all this modeling, until I can figure this out.  It might just be my blender version.

modman

« Reply #390 on: 12 September 2009, 02:38:28 »
I messed around a little bit with the Divination Crystal that Laimis made.  There's no texture on anything but the skulls (and they're straight from Magitech, only slightly modified), so just ignore that.  Tell me what you think of the model and animations so I know if I'm on the right track.

Idle animation gif
Working animation gif

They look great to me!  Sorry I haven't been on at all lately :'(, because of school, but I will be on during the weekends. ;)

The Divination Crystal is looking great, John.  I especially like the working animation.  It's really cool.  Is that too many frames (too big file size) though?  Of course I don't know, but, maybe something you would consider.

I think something we want to consider is that in the original Magitech, in Magic especially, many of the buildings have no animations at all.  Actually, none of them do, I think.  So it was made up for in the texturing, which was, of course, fantastic.  So I want Glade to remember that the textures can make or break a model, I think even more than an animation can.  Please note I am not suggesting we cut any animations we have now, but just make our textures supreme. ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 12 September 2009, 03:36:30 »
It's really cool.  Is that too many frames (too big file size) though?  Of course I don't know, but, maybe something you would consider.
It's five frames and 77kb.  The idle animation is three frames, but I might reduce it to two.
I think something we want to consider is that in the original Magitech, in Magic especially, many of the buildings have no animations at all.  Actually, none of them do, I think.
Actually, the Library, Tower of Souls, and Wicker Behemoth don't, but all the rest do. 
The Energy Source's liquid (whatever the heck it is) sloshes around, and the others have waving flags.
So it was made up for in the texturing, which was, of course, fantastic.  So I want Glade to remember that the textures can make or break a model, I think even more than an animation can.  Please note I am not suggesting we cut any animations we have now, but just make our textures supreme. ;D
Agreed.  I'm just doing what I'm capable of.  I consider myself to be a pretty decent animator, but my texturing skills aren't that great, so I'd rather leave that to someone with more skill in that area.

Loronal

« Reply #392 on: 12 September 2009, 10:56:27 »
What! No way to correct it?  Can someone PLEASE upload me their version so I can get a good copy?  I assume that is the only option.

Well, *Heh* if I rename it, it gives me an error about not finding the texture.  That is obviously because the texture is under a different name.  And, the only way to attack this bug (Or maybe it is my error somewhere) is to stop it from adding words to the end of it.

Oh  yah are you exporting uv map from blender. because the same thing happened to me theres a thing that says to include thee name of the object after that

Loronal

« Reply #393 on: 12 September 2009, 11:21:16 »
yah its a option that says "object" and when you put your mouse over it it says "put object name in filename"

Mark

« Reply #394 on: 12 September 2009, 22:22:48 »
Oh, that is an easy fix.  I hope it will save that as some kind of preference so I don't have to do every time I save a texture.  Anything else I should fix before I redo all my models?

Fluffy203

« Reply #395 on: 13 September 2009, 01:38:52 »
here is my media fire http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc3e352c0e1cc1cfd5a101cf914073b4ecd43e0d3c327f9e the .obj's should be in there and if you don't want the shadow walker to have hands you can delete them  ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 13 September 2009, 02:09:15 »
here is my media fire http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc3e352c0e1cc1cfd5a101cf914073b4ecd43e0d3c327f9e the .obj's should be in there and if you don't want the shadow walker to have hands you can delete them  ;D
Thanks dude!  Holy crap, 2200 polygons on the Temple?  This is gonna take a while. lol

Fluffy203

« Reply #397 on: 13 September 2009, 02:14:32 »
lmao yea its a stantionary building i just took gears and its a rough copy never got to the fine details

Mark

« Reply #398 on: 13 September 2009, 02:35:00 »
I couldn't open some of the models, so yeah.  I will try again.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 13 September 2009, 02:51:45 »
I'm fixing up the Sheol Temple right now.