Poll

If you have played v 10.07.27, please rate your playing experience(s)

Five stars - Magitech quality
4 (15.4%)
Four stars - above average
14 (53.8%)
Three stars - average
7 (26.9%)
Two stars - below average
0 (0%)
One star - painful
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 15 July 2016, 11:49:45

Author Topic: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic  (Read 280342 times)

Mark

Re: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic
« Reply #600 on: 20 October 2009, 01:34:47 »
Hmm... well it probably wouldn't be too hard to turn Mark's imp into a harpy if you would prefer that.  We'd basically just have to do the same changes I mentioned in my last post, and then do something about that tail.
I don't think it would be easier, because the harpy is a woman like body, with small wings, short legs, and other things. 

I'm glad to see your skills are improving, Mark!
Thanks.  I just used my new blender glest mesh, and elongated the legs and arms and extruded faces to make wings. 

In that case, the flying Imp probably needs to have its legs shrunken a bit (and maybe made more talon-like) and the wings should maybe be a bit bigger.  I'm not sure about the tail.
I could do that, but I like how they are long, muscular legs, but lanky ones too, but I do like your talon ideas.  I will just elongate the toes and subdivide in order to allow for a curvature.

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #601 on: 20 October 2009, 08:38:14 »
Why do you want to change it for the flying unit?
I would try it like it is! Especially the long tail is something nice! You can do a nice "standing" animation with this, where the tail moves and curls a bit. It should look like a different flying unit! I would really prefer to see this as a flying unit, as I said, the big wings will be hard to animate in a ground unit without getting lost in the detaillevel of glest.
Maybe you have to shorten the legs, but I would try it first and see what the animation looks like. If it doesn't fit you can shorten the legs within the animation. Also try to make a flying animation with the legs downwards, maybe this also looks good.
So I would texture it now amd then I would play with the animation to decide what's best.

Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

kris9700

« Reply #602 on: 23 October 2009, 03:45:36 »
that looks like the best mod yet i cant wait to try it  ;D

Fluffy203

« Reply #603 on: 27 October 2009, 03:01:24 »
Hey guys i would really like the faction i'm working on to oppose your faction , so i was wondering if you guys would like that or not ;D

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 27 October 2009, 03:19:16 »
It's been awfully quiet around here lately.  Can I get some progress reports?  Last I checked, we've got people working on the Wyvern and the Shadow Walker, so how are they coming along?

Hey guys i would really like the faction i'm working on to oppose your faction , so i was wondering if you guys would like that or not ;D
Sounds good to me.  That way we'll have good (Holy Empire), evil (Dark Magic), order (Tech), and chaos (Magic) all in one tech tree.  Go for it, dude! :)

Fluffy203

« Reply #605 on: 27 October 2009, 03:38:19 »
sweet i'm working on it , i'm about to post updateage for it so tell me what you guys think =)

Fluffy203

« Reply #606 on: 27 October 2009, 22:55:58 »
sorry for the double post , but is anyone still working on this?  ???

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 28 October 2009, 00:45:21 »
is anyone still working on this?  ???
That's what I'd like to know!

Fluffy203

« Reply #608 on: 28 October 2009, 01:12:45 »
well if they aren't john , when i'm done with holy empire raw mats , such as textures , models , i'll finish this up , least the models and textures then when i'm done with the animations for holy , i'll jump back , if no one will work on it

modman

« Reply #609 on: 28 October 2009, 01:21:30 »
Last I checked, we've got people working on the Wyvern and the Shadow Walker, so how are they coming along?
Yea, wciow, I anticipate your work...

I need to find time to do testing on this faction against Tech and Magic.  Anyone else, please go ahead and do testing too, but once I find a problem, I will fix XMLs often.  Before Glade took over, Dark Magic was actually pretty well balanced, so it shouldn't be too hard to fix it up.

Fluffy203

« Reply #610 on: 28 October 2009, 01:25:49 »
i don't think anyone is working on it anymore personally

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #611 on: 28 October 2009, 05:30:06 »
Use my new Spectators map, it's a balance tool.
Also, I recommend using GAE, and setting the max speed in the ini to 10, so you can speed the game up really fast, and get the result of the game very fast.
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Mark

« Reply #612 on: 29 October 2009, 00:54:35 »
i don't think anyone is working on it anymore personally
Right now I am typing from a hotel in Detroit, Michigan.  I have the Imp files on my Milwaukee pc...

Fluffy203

« Reply #613 on: 29 October 2009, 01:01:12 »
i was just saying , i don't really see any updates , but glad someone is working on it  ;D

modman

« Reply #614 on: 29 October 2009, 01:24:55 »
Maybe I'll give the Sheol Temple a shot when I get home, but for now, I'm in Mark's boat.

modman

« Reply #615 on: 30 October 2009, 23:16:31 »
From now on, I will host Dark Magic at Google Code.  It's like Sourceforge a lot, and it allows up to 2048 MB to be uploaded.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #616 on: 31 October 2009, 03:02:49 »
Google?!
Seriously use sourceforge.
Egypt Remastered!

gameboy

« Reply #617 on: 31 October 2009, 03:06:51 »
Google rocks asshole!!!! no offense :P

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 31 October 2009, 04:28:21 »
Since Jamin has been kind enough to make our Alliyp for us, who wants to have a try at animating it?  I've got no objections to doing it myself if no one else wants to, but I'd like to give everybody else the opportunity. :)

Google rocks asshole!!!! no offense :P
lmao!  Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't offensive at all. :D

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #619 on: 31 October 2009, 04:34:16 »
Yeah Google is AWESOME!!!
But it's a totally liberal organization, and supports all this Global warming crap. No offense to all liberals out there.......but you screwed America! Really don't take any offense, I'm just stating facts......so don't hate me either.........
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 31 October 2009, 04:40:30 »
But it's a totally liberal organization, and supports all this Global warming crap.
... and so does the vast majority of the scientific community, but there's another thread for that. :P

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 31 October 2009, 04:43:43 »
Google is cool I like it too, But where is Google coad?
Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Fluffy203

« Reply #622 on: 31 October 2009, 12:00:34 »
most deff google is the ish  ;)

Mark

« Reply #623 on: 31 October 2009, 13:32:28 »
Enough off topic.  I am leaving for home today, so I will begin work on the IMP and the weapons cache.  Sorry for the wait.  The only good thing about this vacation I had is that I got plenty of time to post for glest, not having to compete with my parents and my brother as much. 

I will upload a picture of the imp as I have it.  It is about 1000 polies, but I could probably cut it down.  I have the seams where I would cut the model marked and the whole layout done, I just have to go into GIMP and do the actual texture.

modman

« Reply #624 on: 31 October 2009, 14:41:13 »
But it's a totally liberal organization, and supports all this Global warming crap. No offense to all liberals out there.......but you screwed America! Really don't take any offense, I'm just stating facts......so don't hate me either.........
I really don't see how their political views affect their service.  I mean, your comment obviously is not related to Dark Magic or the GLADE team, and is loosely related to the discussion at hand.

I think Google might be a little more dependable, being gigantic and all.

Oh boy, they "support" Global Warming theory.  That must make them bad....  Let's all stop using Google altogether (as you type it out in Chrome :P)

Use my new Spectators map, it's a balance tool.
Also, I recommend using GAE, and setting the max speed in the ini to 10, so you can speed the game up really fast, and get the result of the game very fast.
This is a helpful hint.  It is a good idea for testing.  However, sometimes the slower games are good because you want to see why the faction failed or dominated.  So sometimes you might want to press the <-> button a few times.