Poll

If you have played v 10.07.27, please rate your playing experience(s)

Five stars - Magitech quality
4 (15.4%)
Four stars - above average
14 (53.8%)
Three stars - average
7 (26.9%)
Two stars - below average
0 (0%)
One star - painful
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 15 July 2016, 11:49:45

Author Topic: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic  (Read 280347 times)

gameboy

Re: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic
« Reply #700 on: 21 November 2009, 12:04:00 »
Code: [Select]
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5179/darkmagicmove.pngMove Icon, I'll do the others later
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:53:06 by filux »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #701 on: 21 November 2009, 16:02:35 »
Nice icon!
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Loronal

« Reply #702 on: 21 November 2009, 16:22:52 »
Nice applications of Bevel. I  would wonder if someone could send me the base image xcf instead pdn

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 22 November 2009, 02:57:53 »
umm...i wanted to texture the Sheol Temple :(, i'll give it a try, if i don't find time to do it then whatever :P
You can certainly improve on it when you have time.  I went ahead and marked it as "Temp", meaning it's good enough for a release, but should probably be improved/replaced eventually (no offense to Titi! :)), so feel free to come back to it whenever you have time if you still want to.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5179/darkmagicmove.pngMove Icon, I'll do the others later
I like it.  The arrow matches the overall theme of the icon very well.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:53:33 by filux »

modman

« Reply #704 on: 23 November 2009, 03:57:05 »
Sorry I've been gone, but I'll have more time during Thanksgiving break.  I kinda, um, got grounded. :-[

Oh, and Pheonix, I love that pic you have.  And the pic you showed, titi, of the temple is great.  Was that yours, John?  It's great.

I also like the overall body shape of the monster you showed, Pheonix.  I would have to agree though, that there is too much armor and the weapon would be very hard to animate I think.  We should stick to melee.

The move image is great, Gameboy.  I wish you would share your secret. ;D

We should release another version soon.  Someone should gather up all this work and zip it up.  Titi, (I know it's kinda rediculous, but...) then could you modify my post and link to the new version if I don't first?  Thanks.  Of course I understand that you're not my maid, but... :)

Again, I'll be back more on Wednesday, hopefully.

Loronal

« Reply #705 on: 23 November 2009, 08:52:52 »
When I posted that I truly though that it would be impossible to make. I decided that the creature would be the base without weapons and simple "painted" armor. He could have clawed fingers like the ordinary horlock or a sword since for claws we already have an imp and a harpy

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #706 on: 23 November 2009, 14:18:42 »
I was thinking of a large stick that he would bash against his prey.
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 24 November 2009, 15:56:43 »
What the Hell?  Ever hear of asking first?

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 24 November 2009, 16:00:40 »
I've started work on the Morlock after looking at the concepts posted on the last page. Should have a rough model by tomorrow.
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #709 on: 24 November 2009, 16:03:15 »
John:
Someone should gather up all this work and zip it up.
I just thought I'd put it all together. If you want me to delete that post I will, and I'll just PM the 6.4 BETA to Modman.
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 24 November 2009, 21:39:36 »
Yes, that would be great.  Thanks.

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #711 on: 24 November 2009, 21:46:18 »
Ok.
Egypt Remastered!

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #712 on: 25 November 2009, 15:53:32 »
I'm thinking this sample:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s8l-yu7AZLM/SVplOuexTqI/AAAAAAAAFbs/ZETOTXADALI/s400/weena_and_morlock.jpg

It would attack with its claws and other than that, attack human-like.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:53:52 by filux »
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #713 on: 25 November 2009, 16:10:25 »
Sounds good, get the anims done good.
Egypt Remastered!

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 25 November 2009, 22:19:05 »
Well it looks like Wciow already started on the Morlock, but the Shadow Walker and the Gargoyle are wide open.

Can anybody give me the status on the Gods Bane?  It looks like the regular model is done, but what about construction and destruction?  Is the texture done?  Animations?  Particles?

ace frog

« Reply #715 on: 26 November 2009, 01:16:54 »
I have a sugestion.

I noticed (when i downloaded it and tested it) the "devil's machine" (i think, the thing the devil or death makes). it had 10 armour (o.k. i guess) and does 20 damage (fail there, it only hurts enemies wth low armour (under 10) like workers, not any fighting units, see what i mean?).

Is it supposed to do that? or no?  :-\

modman

« Reply #716 on: 26 November 2009, 03:55:29 »
OK, I think that unit could use some work.  What I am trying to simulate is a machine which has a lot of little attacks, so you should kill it quickly.  This is the best simulation of a saw I could think of.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 28 November 2009, 07:54:30 »
Since a unit's armor value subtracts a static amount from the damage of each and every attack, using a bunch of little attacks multiplies the effectiveness of armor.  This makes it so it can rip through light units like they were made of paper, but heavy units are all but immune.  If we're looking for a unit that can run past the enemy's front line and make mince meat out of the enemy Archmages, then we're on the right track.

Edit: Still waiting on this:
Can anybody give me the status on the Gods Bane?  It looks like the regular model is done, but what about construction and destruction?  Is the texture done?  Animations?  Particles?
« Last Edit: 29 November 2009, 06:53:06 by John.d.h »

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #718 on: 1 December 2009, 00:32:59 »
Well it looks like Wciow already started on the Morlock, but the Shadow Walker and the Gargoyle are wide open.
Ooh, well its a good thing I never got a chance to start yet (was away). Hmm, wings are nasty I remember, so no gargoyle for me. I can't remember the concept for the shadow walker good enough though, and I can't remember what you chose... Can you give me the concept and description plz?
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest Map Compendium
« Reply #719 on: 1 December 2009, 02:07:39 »
I have a possible concept model for the shadow walker
[IMG]http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TrappinGlestMaps/Glest%20Other/vShadowWalker.png[/img]

[IMG]http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TrappinGlestMaps/Glest%20Other/vshadow_mutant_blot.png[/img]
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:54:10 by filux »

jda

« Reply #720 on: 1 December 2009, 03:54:21 »
[URL=http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TrappinGlestMaps/vShadowWalker.png]http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TrappinGlestMaps/vShadowWalker.png[/URL]
Whoa! Amazing concept!
I recall a great degree of mistery should be put into the unit. And that it should be humanoid but people wouldn't actually be able to tell whether it was human (or ever had been) or not. Some body-corruption (aka twistedness) was also mentioned.
My personal view (and most everyone else's I believe) was that its features should be greatly concealed through means of cloak/cape and/or armor.

But that drawing, I repeat: WHOA! It's all mentioned above and it's actually butt-naked! lol And... it only makes me laugh because of how closed-minded we all seemed to be (I sure was) on how to succeed a concept that was as I described above and none got any bit as close to that awesomeness of a Shadow Walker concept!

Yeah, if anyone can model that, PLEASE DO! ;)

EDIT: One thing that seemed to be fairly consensual on the discussion on the Shadow Walker (mainly pages 17 to 19 of this topic, if I recall it correctly) was the use of a large weapon (a large sword or a large axe or something like that, NOT a long spear although I personally...) wielded with great power but in a rather clumsy way.
So... as that concept is partially a wooden/metal cyborg... it shouldn't be too hard to change its weapon-arms into something bigger and more cumbersome. But PLEASE not at the expense of that concept's awesomeness! PLEASE!
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:54:38 by filux »

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 1 December 2009, 04:26:38 »
Let me qualify the post about the concept model. I did not draw this - its an in-game screenshot from a game called Anarchy Online. Mutilated Shade-Y42 are the product of failed experimental tests involving cloning, nano technology and technological implants.

jda

« Reply #722 on: 1 December 2009, 04:41:28 »
Let me qualify the post about the concept model. I did not draw this - its an in-game screenshot from a game called Anarchy Online. Mutilated Shade-Y42 are the product of failed experimental tests involving cloning, nano technology and technological implants.
Yeah, I actually did wonder whether you'd done it yourself or not. It's an awesome picture anyways and you deserve sincere congratulations for make the conceptual link between that and the shadow walker, for sure! ;)

Yes, being something from somewhere else, it is further more important to make a Dark Magic model in that sense though not just the same!
And if making a 3D copy of that would be hard already, making something inspired by that but different seems, to me personally, as a great chalenge.
Come forth oh brave modellers!  ;D

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 1 December 2009, 05:19:16 »
This is an old game - developed using DX7 during the mid-late 1990's
« Last Edit: 30 December 2009, 11:30:50 by Trappin »

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 1 December 2009, 08:10:36 »
I can't remember the concept for the shadow walker good enough though, and I can't remember what you chose... Can you give me the concept and description plz?

This sums it up pretty well:
I recall a great degree of mistery should be put into the unit. And that it should be humanoid but people wouldn't actually be able to tell whether it was human (or ever had been) or not. Some body-corruption (aka twistedness) was also mentioned.
My personal view (and most everyone else's I believe) was that its features should be greatly concealed through means of cloak/cape and/or armor.
EDIT: One thing that seemed to be fairly consensual on the discussion on the Shadow Walker (mainly pages 17 to 19 of this topic, if I recall it correctly) was the use of a large weapon (a large sword or a large axe or something like that, NOT a long spear although I personally...) wielded with great power but in a rather clumsy way.
The concepts we were kinda bouncing around earlier were either some twisted dark knight thing (think Iron Knuckles from LoZ crossed with Frankenstein's monster) or some Nazgul-like creature.  You can take quite a bit of artistic license with it, but keep in mind some of the following: dark, armor, spikes, shrouded, scary.

My thoughts:
The Shadow Walker was once a proud human warrior, but he sought a deal with the forces of darkness.  In return for gaining power and striking fear in the hearts of his enemies, the dark powers have corrupted not only his mind and spirit, but also his body.  Now he is something not quite human and he lurks in the shadows, concealing himself and his horrible visage.

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz136/TrappinGlestMaps/vShadowWalker.png
While that looks pretty cool and I wouldn't want to run across it in a dark alley, I'm just not feeling like it's our Shadow Walker.
« Last Edit: 8 October 2016, 10:55:03 by filux »

anything