Poll

If you have played v 10.07.27, please rate your playing experience(s)

Five stars - Magitech quality
4 (15.4%)
Four stars - above average
14 (53.8%)
Three stars - average
7 (26.9%)
Two stars - below average
0 (0%)
One star - painful
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: 15 July 2016, 11:49:45

Author Topic: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic  (Read 280358 times)

Loronal

Re: GLADE Team Project: Dark Magic
« Reply #850 on: 31 December 2009, 20:17:31 »
Is the wyvern open for work? Id be happy to help you guys finish up

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #851 on: 31 December 2009, 20:28:17 »
Nope! Have you seen Wciow's (Was that who it was?) model? Gorgeous!
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

Loronal

« Reply #852 on: 31 December 2009, 22:50:25 »
Do is anything open ;)

Omega

• MegaGlest Team
  • Dragon
  • Professional bug writer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #853 on: 31 December 2009, 23:12:14 »
Sounds and XMLs should be (ask john), but I'm not sure about models. Hard to keep track.
Edit the MegaGlest wiki: http://docs.megaglest.org/

My personal projects: http://github.com/KatrinaHoffert

John.d.h

• Airship
  • I have to go now. My planet needs me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 1 January 2010, 01:17:09 »
Do is anything open ;)
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhUAF5tBNeWadFhYanlJeUtOX0pmS2U2THFSM0wwM0E&hl=en

Everything that's marked in red.  Mostly sounds and icons.  When I'm done with the Gargoyle, the texture will probably need some improvement.

Loronal

« Reply #855 on: 1 January 2010, 12:25:41 »
Nice if possible Id like to practice my texturing a bit on the gargoyle.Ps:
John I hope you liked my harpy texture

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #856 on: 1 January 2010, 13:18:49 »
I liked your Harpy texture, it was a great improvement of my improvement! ;)
Egypt Remastered!

Proof: Owner of glest@mail.com

Gabbe

« Reply #857 on: 1 January 2010, 22:28:16 »
Joined today (woho!  :o) and, yeah, this was somewhat the first better post i saw,  need finished product soon!! :)

Loronal

« Reply #858 on: 2 January 2010, 00:06:39 »
Thanks arch ;D. And for Gabbe
Don't call this a product it just doesnt fit with something using a gpl license

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2 January 2010, 23:46:56 »
Nice if possible Id like to practice my texturing a bit on the gargoyle.
Good, I'll be sure to post it when I'm done animating it.
John I hope you liked my harpy texture
Yeah, I think it was a bit better than mine.

Joined today (woho!  :o) and, yeah, this was somewhat the first better post i saw,  need finished product soon!! :)
You won't have to wait TOO much longer, hopefully. :)

Don't call this a product it just doesnt fit with something using a gpl license
Quote from: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/product
product (n) - a thing produced by labor

modman

« Reply #860 on: 3 January 2010, 04:04:25 »
Alright, I confess to being a little confused.  Is the Divination Crystal uploaded anywhere?  I want to keep the initial post updated; it is so far to the best of my knowledge.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 3 January 2010, 05:11:15 »
Alright, I confess to being a little confused.  Is the Divination Crystal uploaded anywhere?  I want to keep the initial post updated; it is so far to the best of my knowledge.
I'm finishing it up right now.  Titi said he wants to work on it when I'm done, so I'll be uploading it and sending it to him in a few minutes.

Update: Here it is, fully textured and animated, but still in need of construction and destruction: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mwnzevywtjk/divination_crystal_1-3-10.7z

Edit: Progress on the Gargoyle:

Click for full size.

Click me; I'm animated!
« Last Edit: 3 January 2010, 19:56:00 by John.d.h »

Loronal

« Reply #862 on: 3 January 2010, 23:00:03 »
I myself wouldnt anything I mod as labor yah sorry Ill go with john definition

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 8 January 2010, 23:23:51 »
Ok I finished the animations for the Morlock.

The aren't very impressive but should suffice for now.

Download the zip file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mamyz4xytnn and merge it with the morlock folder of the current DM release.

Whoever is doing the XML for this unit should probably tweak the walking and death animation speeds as they are a bit off.
« Last Edit: 9 January 2010, 01:36:22 by wciow »
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

modman

« Reply #864 on: 12 January 2010, 01:16:04 »

I made some particle systems for the Dark Elder (left) and the Harpy (right).  Do you like them?  I like the one for the Harpy because it is supposed to be a wind attack, and it looks like wind.  I also like the Dark Elder, because I've never made a pure yellow before, and I was kind of running out of colors for particle systems.

//EDIT: Yea, I know I don't have the updated Harpy texture.  I was having trouble downloading it last time I think.

John.d.h

• Airship
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 12 January 2010, 01:33:53 »
I was just about to post here and ask if everybody died or something.  Good to see somebody's still alive and kicking. :P

@Wciow: Anyway, regarding the Morlock, I like the overall appearance and it seems you got the alpha parts working (which makes me want to go back and fix up the Alliyp...), but I feel it could be tweaked and improved in a few areas.  Namely, I think the mouth could be better if it were articulated (i.e. an actual mouth like the dragon has, instead of just being painted on), the texture of the feet could have a lot more detail, and some of the animations are a bit awkward, as well as having an overlap where the loincloth doesn't move with the legs (instead passing straight through).  I'd take the time to fix these up myself, but I've just had classes start.  I might not be modding much for a while. :-\ (Edit: Team color would be nice, too.)

@Modman: I really like the Harpy particle effect, but I'm not so sure about the Dark Elder.  It just doesn't strike me as looking very sinister.  I'm not too picky, though.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 01:41:36 by John.d.h »

Leetskillz

« Reply #866 on: 12 January 2010, 01:56:41 »
Could I try to make a particle system for that? I know you have no idea who I am, especially because I've just made this account to post here. I know that you aren't actually disapointed with his animation and are just unexpectant of what it is.
I don't know if you'll let me, but I want to help make particle systems, any that are left, as I am good with xml in general and have after experimenting a lot with projectiles figured out a lot of potential magical spell projectile attacks. For instance, though this isn't very complex, you could have a meteor fall down from the sky shortly after casting, with a splash that is spread out rubble from the attack. You could have a projectile that appears above the target and entwines them into a magical cage (that wouldn't prohibit movement in any way). A projectile could strike the target from behind. You could even have simply auto-damage, with no projectile involved. I could make anything this complex or more complex even given the time and resources.
It seems that many people aren't doing much, so can I help with any projectiles that are left?

modman

« Reply #867 on: 12 January 2010, 02:00:51 »
No offense, but I have to comment that the Morlock kind of looks like a frog when it moves in game, and I'm not really sure what kind of attack to give it either.  The body movements on the animation personally don't really look like they would really hurt very much.

Could I try to make a particle system for that? I know you have no idea who I am, especially because I've just made this account to post here. I know that you aren't actually disapointed with his animation and are just unexpectant of what it is.
I don't know if you'll let me, but I want to help make particle systems, any that are left, as I am good with xml in general and have after experimenting a lot with projectiles figured out a lot of potential magical spell projectile attacks. For instance, though this isn't very complex, you could have a meteor fall down from the sky shortly after casting, with a splash that is spread out rubble from the attack. You could have a projectile that appears above the target and entwines them into a magical cage (that wouldn't prohibit movement in any way). A projectile could strike the target from behind. You could even have simply auto-damage, with no projectile involved. I could make anything this complex or more complex even given the time and resources.
It seems that many people aren't doing much, so can I help with any projectiles that are left?

Yes!  Those sound awesome, and I was getting a bit tired of the same ol, same ol.  Show us what you can do, and welcome to the forums! :)

I know what you are talking about, though, will require some negatives in some places.  I started trying out with that stuff, but it took too long.

What is a reasonable timescale?  One week for at least 5 options?  Number them and then post the code, please.  If you know how, take a screen shot of each, and number the picture.  Otherwise, you can just describe what is going on.  Thanks a lot!

Leetskillz

« Reply #868 on: 12 January 2010, 02:24:33 »
That seems like a good enough time scale to get a few particle effects down. I hope you don't mind if I use a different testing tech tree to test the effects faster, so if you're wondering about there being other units in a screenshot, I'll have used that. I'll simply transfer an effect over if it's good.
I'm thinking of making a sudden combustion of dark smoke-like energy at the enemy, it'd be simple, but look nice.

EDIT: Quick question, I've never actually seen this before, but do splashes work the same and look the same on air units?
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 03:01:21 by Leetskillz »

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #869 on: 12 January 2010, 13:26:00 »
I can help with particle effects as well if needed.
In my 'Particle Effects' topic I asked for a little more detail.

EDIT: Quick question, I've never actually seen this before, but do splashes work the same and look the same on air units?

Yes, and no.
Yes, it is the same splash, simply placed in the air or ground, also reading and acting off the off-set in the particle's XML.
No, the users perspective is different, and you get to see the bottom of the splash as it doesn't go into the ground(sometimes they don't go into the ground anyway).
Egypt Remastered!

titi

• MegaGlest Team
  • Airship
    • View Profile
    • http://www.titusgames.de
« Reply #870 on: 22 January 2010, 12:25:50 »
PLEASE ......

Can anyone(Modman?) publish a new and !!fully working!! version of Dark Magic which includes all the things that are done?
It should be nearly completed now, only the sounds are missing and some destruction/construction models are not there. But what we really need are xmls with a useful setup. I think John d.h. had problems with its harddisk, so I hope modman still has all the stuff that was done!
Try Megaglest! Improved Engine / New factions / New tilesets / New maps / New scenarios

modman

« Reply #871 on: 22 January 2010, 21:47:19 »
I have everything except the harpy texture Phoenix did, because I couldn't download it.  I'll release without, but I need to transfer some files first.

Expect it tonight (before the moon is high over Wisconsin :))

-Archmage-

• Dragon
  • Make it so.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #872 on: 22 January 2010, 21:51:44 »
Hold on a sec, you can't leave out Phoenix's texture, I know I have a copy of it, I can send it to you, jeez, don't leave poor Phoenix's work out! ::)

Edit: The link he posted works fine, here's a direct link, try it.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2010, 21:57:22 by -Archmage- »
Egypt Remastered!

modman

« Reply #873 on: 22 January 2010, 22:45:37 »
Could you email that, and the latest version of the Divination Crystal (both I cannot download) to glestisgreat *att* gmail.com please?  Thanks.

//EDIT

Never mind.  I got them now.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2010, 22:52:46 by Sir modman »

Loronal

« Reply #874 on: 23 January 2010, 01:28:39 »
BUAHBUAH I forget to back up my own god damn texture. If possible arch please upload I'd like to see my texture in dm  ;)

anything