Author Topic: Map Object: stone turret and wall section  (Read 2470 times)

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest Map Compendium
Map Object: stone turret and wall section
« on: 1 September 2009, 07:38:39 »
Is it possible to create a tileset with a (2 object long X 1 object wide) stone wall with a height a bit taller than a typical worker/archer NPC? A castle turret with 1x1 or 2x2 object dimensions would be a nice visual graphic for connection points and wall direction changes.

Maybe use Titi's Evergreen tileset (with his permission) and replace the map editors object:invisible and object:water plant with objects: stone wall and turret? The Mage Tower used by the magitech Magic faction is perfect as a turret but the height needs to be reduced by ~ 15-20%.

I'd like to create a few "castle siege" maps using this special tileset - is anyone willing and able to design and code the wall section and turret?

PS: I'm aware of the AI's limitations regarding walled playfields but think limited use of walls may lead to some fun gaming.  ;)

« Last Edit: 1 September 2009, 08:08:17 by Trappin »

wciow

• Behemoth
    • View Profile
Re: Map Object: stone turret and wall section
« Reply #1 on: 1 September 2009, 15:59:13 »
I can design some models for you  ;)
Check out my new Goblin faction - https://forum.megaglest.org/index.php?topic=9658.0

ElimiNator

• Airship
  • The MegaGlest Moder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 1 September 2009, 18:26:29 »
I don't think you can because it dose this:

Get the Vbros': Packs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5!

Trappin

• Ornithopter
    • View Profile
    • MegaGlest Map Compendium
« Reply #3 on: 2 September 2009, 12:28:10 »
What about a wall 6 object long and 1 object wide ( or 2 objects wide) - but that wont stop the random object rotation show on the above screen shot. So any item set in the game may randomly orient in any direction? or will the same object set in the same location always orient in a specific direction? If the orientation is specific and not random then a map can be built around that sort of characteristic. If the rendering orientation is random then a wall/turret section will never work.

Did that that make sense? heh ::)

anything